Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Looking for (holy) grail junkies

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Vranic, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Vranic

Vranic IncGamers Member

Looking for (holy) grail junkies

As I started this fantastic quest myself about two weeks ago I was wondering if there are still persons here who was busy with this grail thingy on a daily basis. If so, tell me about it :)
    I am curious how everybody is working on his grail. And to hear the big stories..

Anyone knows how many completed this quest?

2. Takis

Takis IncGamers Member

I am a fanatic Grail Junkie and play everyday in my quest to get every item. I ran Baal, Pits, Pindle 5- 10 times a day. By the way, I don’t speed ran Baal and Pits, I clear the house.

Takis (El_Greco)

3. SincereX13

SincereX13 IncGamers Member

Yeh, I am a grail junkie, I am pushing hard (40 self found items away) to get their so that I can give this addictive game a rest. :thumbsup:

4. Death_Dealer

Death_Dealer IncGamers Member

Well my grail quest is still alive but on hold until I get the pc's fixed, power spike toasted them. I am currently at around 75% complete with most items self found. I have 3 chars that I use to MF with and hit the usual spots most of the time. If I get bored then I will do full clears.

5. Tennant

Tennant IncGamers Member

I am a long time grail junkie! I am currently leveling a 1.10 character (Skellimancer) to a point where I can start MFing in earnest. My 1.09 characters do fine for the Pit but get their a** handed to them on Baal (and Pindle for that matter :rant: ).

I just finished normal yesterday and hope to be into hell by the end of the week :thumbsup:

Tennant

6. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

I am 25 items away from complete grail. I have traded a bit, but most of the items I have found afterwards and that also is main reason why I don't trade anymore (it is frustrating to trade item and pay high, then find it after few days of playing). Some TC3 items are pain to get, I still haven't found Torch of Iro Wand or Sander's Paragon which is even harder.

I guess I will boost my grailing speed now, I gambled a ammy with 25 teleport charges and now I can do hell Baal run in ~7 minutes with my skellymancer (~700% MF if merc gets the kill)

I just hope I will get Tyrael's Might someday, that is the greatest challenge if you are not going to include all runes to your grail :teeth:

7. flying_dug0ng

flying_dug0ng IncGamers Member

I'm still doing Piddle ~3 hours everynight. No sleep for the obsessive!

8. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

I only have 16 items left to my grail. I try to do Pindleskin and Baal to get the last items. The Pit has never dropped anything nice, except Griswold's Honor (which I got from Baal before that).

With my springbreak, I hope to find the remaining unique items. I am not hopefully I can find them late at night, but we will see. Out of the 16 items, I have 12 TC87 items left to find. :(

In addition to those items, I probably will need to find another Tyrael's Might, since purist still give me trouble with it being found under shady circumstances (it was on a map seed generated map without the map seed command activated when found). Hopefully, I can find one again under totally legit circumstances and assuage my endless suffering. :)

9. buster

buster IncGamers Member

I usually split time about equally between Mat'ing and Pat'ing new characters (6 done so far) and grailing. Currently my self-found 1.10 grail is missing (57) items. I do trade quite a bit too, so I'm probably only about 20-something away from a grail there, but the self-found one is my ultimate goal.

10. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

Why exactly does it matter what the purists think? All that matters is what you think of your item, nothing else. If you don't like it, delete it and find a new one. If you're happy, keep it and ignore those that try to get you down.

As for the grail... I stopped a few months ago when I quit playing D2. The only item I'm missing is tyrael's might. I don't think I'll pick up the quest for the grail again in the future.

11. Davemetalhead

Davemetalhead IncGamers Member

Well, thanks to a HD crash I gotta start all over again. Still, not too much of a biggie as I didn't have much (highest ever rune for instance was a HEL) as only ever got one character to Hell difficulty, and have never really done any MF'ing. I found it very difficult to get enough % of MF (how anyone gets near 700% I'll never know - most I ever had was around 230%)

12. Dave in the basement

Dave in the basement IncGamers Member

I am a 'new' grailer, and I still need 168 items. At least that huge number should make it somewhat easy to fill in some of the gaps...for now!

13. TenYearsGone

TenYearsGone IncGamers Member

I'm still doing the 1.09 SF grail and have a little over 100 (103, I think) items left. That puts me at about 75%. I spend about 60-70% of my D2 looking for items and leveling my MFer and the rest of the time playing other characters. That said, I only get to play a handfull of hours per week.

14. farting bob

farting bob Banned

i odnt want to try, but recently i put my things into medieval mart and i have 41% done. the MFO has brought that up to 44% :D

15. ShadowStone

ShadowStone IncGamers Member

After find a Ward and Kraken Shell last night, I'm around 76% completed with my self-found 1.10 Grail. This is going to take awhile :grrr:

16. ricrestoni

ricrestoni IncGamers Member

quick hijack:

How do you grailers keep account of what you have and what is left? Fara? Paper & pencil? Do you keep all stuff in stashes or chars?

17. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

My grailing's pretty much on hold, 66 items left, 136 or so from self found.

I keep my stuff in separate 1.10 stash (only count 1.10 items towards grail, which is why I'm missing that many, also started counting them from last december, not before). As for otherwise keeping track, Medieval Mart's the one I use, though I also use ATMA along with Fara to create the reports.

18. TenYearsGone

TenYearsGone IncGamers Member

I've made my own spreadsheet for my grailing. But I might look into the FARA download. It'll prevent my human errors.

Edit: sp

19. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

I use Medieval Mart for that. It is also wonderful if you want to check stats of some items, you don't have to go to d2 site and search for them there.

PS. I just counted that I need 31 items for selffound grail (25 if I count traded items as I mentioned above in my previous post). And before I get Tyrael's... I think this defeats the point of trading for grailers. Nowadays I trade only if I need a basic items like Shaftstop and I don't bother to start running Meph for them

20. Chaldan

Chaldan IncGamers Member

I wrote my own program, don't have excel so I can't use Medieval Mart. Not that my program is very encouraging, it tells me that I need about 200 items...