Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Looking for Hell-Viable max valk/Decoy guide

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Animation, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Animation

Animation IncGamers Member

Looking for Hell-Viable max valk/Decoy guide

All,

I looked through the titles of some of the Amazon guides (there sure are a lot of them) and I didnt see any that, by title, were based around a max (20+) Valk and Decoy. I'd really like to do that, but I'm not sure what build could do that and still have enough points to be viable in Hell. I wouldnt have enough for an elemental synergy for Freezing Arrow, and I think I'd have an issue with Physical Immunes.

I do have 2 WWS bows in the stash (the ones that can amp damage). One is unsocketed, and one has both sockets with Shaels (was trying something on an all-summons druid; didnt work well). I hear strafe triggers the Amp Damage frequently so maybe i could deal with Physical Immunes. Strafe isnt my fave skill conceptually but I'd be willing to try it. I guess I could also max Cold Arrow OR Fire Arrow, not for damage but for the percentage of damage converted to elemental. I'm not sure if thats viable.

Anyway I'm rambling but does anyone have a hell-viable Bowazon build that has the luxury room for 20 in Valk and 20 in Decoy? I would need one that (other than WWS) isnt gear dependent since this is single player and I dont have much good gear. I mainly only have resists gear, a couple of WWs, a Buriza, a Hellwrack and a Kuko. I would also prefer to not have to play past level 82 or so to finish all my skills.

Is there any hope of such a thing?

Thanks,

Lewis

2. Spookie

Spookie IncGamers Member

Re: Looking for Hell-Viable max valk/Decoy guide

I'm probably not addressing exactly what you are looking for but If I could share that with 1 point in Valk/Decoy (well geared Merc helps too) my Light Jav usually has plenty of time to cut her enemies down.

I'm only at +7 skills currently, so we're talking a level 8 Valk and Decoy. If my Valk/Decoy were both at say.. level 28 I doubt they'd ever die in Hell. Hope this helps a li'l.

3. Linpopo

Linpopo IncGamers Member

Four build come to mind: LF-zon, ice maiden, Strafer and dagger-zon.

LFzon and Ice maiden mainly uses valk as PI killer while strafer use her as tank. Dagger-zon depends on valk most because she can't wipe out half screen with her skills.

4. Animation

Linpopo,

My current Amazon is a Fishyzon (Max CA, FA, LF, CS, 1 point in pierce, no other passives). So' I guess I'd want to NOT go a LF zon or an Ice Maiden, just to do something different.

So, that'd be either a Daggerzon or a Strafer.

I'm not sure I'm hard-$$$ enough to make a Daggerzon. I used to have one in Hell in 1.09 but havent bothered since 1.10.

What would a strafer do vs Physical Immunes? Cold Arrow? Witchwild String? What would you slot WWS with?

Thanks,

Lewis

5. HellPlayer

HellPlayer IncGamers Member

A strafer zon with wws dont have problems with PIs, amplify dmg or magic arrow(use normal attack with wws) is enough and with such valk you want you have plenty of time to kill any PI.
    To socket normal choices are 2xshael or shael+nef, depends on what you use to determine how much ias you need and if you have or not a source of knockback.
    HellPlayer

Edit:Another great solution zons use for PIs is a merc equiped with reapers tool, the chance to cast decrepify is very effective and triggers a lot.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2008
  6. Animation

Thanks!

After lots of Meph Running, I have 4 Reapers Tolls and 2 Witchwild strings. One is already Shael+Shael, the other is empty. Do people usually upgrade them or is the WWS already the top bow of its form? I'll go research that. How vital is the Nef? I wasnt planning on that.

As an aside, where is a good place to reasonably make runs to get Shaels? I am out, and I need some if I do Shael+Nef, and also I want to upgrade Nightsmoke to Exceptional for a different character. Maybe Nightmare Countess? I guess I need to dig around in the strategy sections.

Anyway, I'm thinking out loud at this point.

Thanks!

Lewis

7. syndrohm

syndrohm IncGamers Member

Yes, you can up the WWS to a Diamond Bow and you will get a tighter damage range. For all WWS Strafer questions I hit up this guide Chipmc's Witchwild String Strafeazon Guide Excellent write up with a cheaper gear section that might help with Single Player.