Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Looking for hangover cures

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Keldaris, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Keldaris

Keldaris IncGamers Member

Looking for hangover cures

anyone able to suggest a decent hangover cure?

2. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Drink a beer in the morning.

3. HAMC8112

HAMC8112 IncGamers Member

Less drinking? :D

4. Necrolestes

Necrolestes IncGamers Member

Dr. Necro's Handy Hangover Tips

Don't sober up.

Seriously, there's no real cure for a hangover. You can alleviate it by drinking plenty of fluids (one of the problems with a hangover is that it results from dehydration) and eating foods high in vitamin B12, thiamine, and potassium (like red, lightly salted meats, green leafy vegetables, and bananas/yogurt). This won't cure it but it may shorten its duration. Take naproxen (Aleve) for the headache (aspirin and acetominophen work just as well but you need more aspirin to get the same anti-pain effect as Aleve; acetominophen is detoxified in the liver and that organ's too preoccupied with getting rid of the alcohol in your system to deal with acetominophen at that point in time so instead of receiving a safe dose of acetominophen, the body may get a more toxic though not fatal dose).

5. Jimi-

Jimi- IncGamers Member

got milk?

6. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

I like almost burnt toast with a little bit of butter, a glass of gatorade, a glass of iced tea and a multi-vitamin. The carbon from the burnt toast supposedly absorbs some toxins.

Of course the best way to avoid a hangover when drinking is to drink better (more expensive) alcohol. And always stay hydrated before bed.

7. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

Go to McDonalds, get a large Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese combo and a Coke. Your nausea will be gone by the time you finish eating it, and if you shower afterwards you'll feel human again once you're out. It's worked for me hundreds of times--only twice in my life have I not managed to keep it down, and even those two times I felt better afterwards.

8. SpiritWalker

SpiritWalker IncGamers Member

Not a cure, but when you have had a lot to drink and want to go to bed, drink a lot of water befor doing so.

9. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Set alarm for an hour before you intend to actually get up. Take two pain killers and a large glass of water, go back to sleep. Works for me every time.

10. cotton

cotton IncGamers Member

BC powder, followed by a glass of Tomato Jucie. The BC has aspirin and caffeine, the juice has liquid, vitamins, and sodium. It helps.

11. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

Caffeine is a double edged sword, it helps the headache but it is a diuretic so it dehydrates you even more if you don't chase it with a bunch of water.

12. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

Craziness. If I wake up anytime within 3 hours of when I have to get up, my hangover is usually so bad that I lay in bed miserable and trying to fight the urge to run to the toilet and vomit until I finally succumb and get up.

13. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

I can't even wake up and go back to sleep sober, j00 advice suxxorz

what is this "realm" crap?

14. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

Usually beating the ugly woman who ended up in my bed helps.[/bad taste]

I've often found just getting up and moving around a bit helps me, as well as drinking a good amount of water. Then again, I don't usually seem to get hangovers, just a nasty nasty taste in my mouth no matter how long I brush my teeth the night before. (I suppose if I'm able to brush my teeth the night before, I'm probably not drunk enough to end up with a hangover).

15. bigD72

bigD72 IncGamers Member

Drinking again does not cure the hang over. It merely delays it.

16. SpiritWalker

SpiritWalker IncGamers Member

The dehydration causes the headache, that's why you have to drink a lot of water befor you go to bed.
    I always brush my teeth after a good night out, seriously when I wake up the taste in my mouth is so freaking horrible if I don't..

17. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

It must be different for everybody. If I drink more than 1 glass of water when I'm really hungover, that's just asking to vomit. I might as well shove my hand down my throat and force it to happen rather than drink a lot of water, because its a lot less unpleasant for me. Something about it all just unhappily sitting in my stomach swishing around. Ugh.

Another friend of mine cures his hangover by working out at the gym. If I exert myself even the slightest bit, I'm also guaranteed to get sick. Walking to the metro in the morning before work has more than once been enough to make me need to pull over in the bushes by the station.

18. Croup

Croup IncGamers Member

As soon as I read the thread title, I knew this post was going to make it in there at some point.

I'm horrible at dealing with hangovers. I often go through entire days while feeling the nausea, so I'm not the one to go to for advice. I'm going to start following the DrunkCajun plan. I figure that if it works, I'm cured of hangovers and if it doesn't, I can create a huge smear campaign against the trustworthiness of DC. It can't fail.

19. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

Ugh, workouts definitely make me sick if I'm feeling hungover. I tried climbing once after a night of drinking, that was ugly.

20. Isolde212

Isolde212 Banned

The best way to get over a hangover is to lay on the couch all afternoon and whine to your fiance on how your wee head is hurty and wait for pity smooches.