Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Looking for Fortitude

Discussion in 'US West Standard - Ladder' started by GavinUnit, Jul 8, 2010.

1. GavinUnit

GavinUnit IncGamers Member

Looking for Fortitude

Hello
    I've recently started up D2 again, and after collecting and building up my rune collection I have 1xpul 3xum 1xist, along with many lower ones.

I'm a WF/Titans LF/CS/Strafe/Multi zon and am currently using a Peace runeword armor because it's pretty darn cheap to make with nice +skills.

Anyways, I am constantly told that Fortitude is the armor I need for my build to be more effective (I do seem to die a fair amount and have a very hard time with unique L immunes on Meph runs).
    I've been sitting around in games with the offer of my

8x ist

for a Fortitude, question is, am I wasting my time or is it just passable enough that I may get a catch? I've considered CoH also, tho I don't think It offers very much to my build.
    I'm perfectly happy, or actually even happier, to just get a Lo and make my own Fort, too.

Thanks for your time :)

edit- just got my hands on a few more runes, added them to the trade. Probably still wasting my time tho. Haha.

edit- 4 ist's now! hopefully i can get one soon :D

edit - 6 ists! Surely someone will trade

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  2. RealmOftheWolf

RealmOftheWolf IncGamers Member

Re: Looking for Fortitude

Im going to say that you conservatively have around 2.5 ist with standard Lo runes going for 3-6 depending on the seller. I wish you luck with it but I dont think you will get a bite.

3. GavinUnit

Oh, well thank you.
    I guess I'll try to get 3+ ist's.

I ended up trading off all the pgems for an ist, so theres another one.
    Do you think I could get anything for any of my charms?
    14life, 8psn res SC
    15life, 8psn res SC
    3 frw, 3fire res SC
    30life LC
    5dex, 14fire res LC
    34life, 29light res GC

4. GavinUnit

I dont seem to be having any luck with even the 6xist, which was at the high end of the trade spectrum. What gives?
    I completely understand if the prices may have changed a bit recently, so, does anyone know what people are looking to get in terms of ist's for a Lo? I hope to god it's not much higher than 6 because I dont think I can go any further haha.

PS. and while i'm at it, does anyone know what 20L sc's go for?

5. kavlor

kavlor IncGamers Member

Yeah Id just make your own if I was you easier to buy the parts seperately IMO.

6. Dbun

Dbun IncGamers Member

Hey Gavin, just wanted to share my most recent attempts to getting a Lo rune since it looks like you're having the same problems that I had getting a freaking Lo rune. The first Lo I ever got on bnet, I had to trade.. lets see Gul Ist Ist Mal Um Um Um. Found some dude that sympathized with me, even tho it took me a longgggg time to get just those runes. I got more currency recently and bought two Lo runes on Bnet today. The first one I traded Vex Vex Ist Ist for and the second I got Lo and a Vex from trading my Ber rune. I don't know if this will help, but this is a good example of what some people are willing to part with their Lo runes for. Hope this helps!

7. GavinUnit

Alright, thanks :)
    So I guess I'm not tooooooo far off then, i think.
    I suppose If i just keep tryin someone will go for it :/

Thanks!

8. Dbun

Dbun IncGamers Member

No problem at all man. Just make a game like "All for Lo Rune" or something like that. Tell him everything you have for trade and make him feel bad and Bam! His conscience will make him accept your offer. :p Well good luck man, hope you get your Lo!

9. GavinUnit

Haha, well thanks again.
    I actually just traded a Earth Shifter i had on a mule for 2x 20L sc'z and a fcr ammy/mf (the tradee is going to make an ele/phys druid, which hopefully ends up being kickass).
    I then traded the 2 sc's for 2 ist's. Now I have 8! I'm super surprised i've managed to get 8 friggin ist's. Every other time i've played D, um was my top rune.

Soooooo, I know 8 has to work, if anything I'd like to keep 1 so that I can get a better armor for my merc (he's using Shaft/insight/talhelm and dies ever so quickly when I'm not feeding him a never ending supply of full rejuvs. On top of that, i NEED him because his insight is the only thing feeding my mana (except when I use the WF on switch).
    To add more to this long post, my merc is a freezy act2 one, because I figured it'd be nice to slow down the mobs from crushing me, but do you think it'd be more beneficial if I got a diff one? I'm sticking with a2 ones tho (theres no way I can afford Faith lol).\

Thanks a bunch for the replies :)

10. Dbun

Dbun IncGamers Member

No problem again. Actually a freezy merc is always my first choice. As for those ists, wait til you get two more! I saw a couple of games named Ber for 10ists. I am certain you can get a Lo Vex for a Ber cause thats the trade I got! So now you can make Fort AND a hoto. High hotos can get you plenty of runes. Good luck again.

11. GavinUnit

Well thats a good idea :)
    I might just go for that

Top offer i've had for the 8x ist's is zod,vex. I told him i was sorry but needed a Lo. Zod isnt worth Lo is it? I know it's the highest rune but I never really see many people asking for it

12. TheRedFuneral

TheRedFuneral IncGamers Member

Lo runes consistently go for 7x ist runes in-game, go to the ladder trade channel-1, you'll get one pretty quick. GL

13. GavinUnit

Well, thanks for the msg.

After waiting a bazillion hours in games and trading in the channels, I ended up finding someone to at least give me Lo for 8ists. Judging by how difficult it was to get that trade, I'd say you need at LEAST 8 for a Lo at the moment.