Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Looking for Diablows story\history :P

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Titanchik, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Titanchik

Titanchik IncGamers Member

Looking for Diablows story\history :p

Hi people!
    I played all the game (besides hellfire) D2, LOd, D1. I really love the story line of those games! And I though - may be ill find some where the full history of Diablo.
    So I came to the biggest fan fiction-forum on the net :rolleyes: .
    Ok, I need the full history\story of Diablo 1+2+exp and may be hellfire :D
    But I don’t want it like a walk trough, I want it as a story or as a history book.

so if some one got a link plizz give me it ;)

big
    TNX

2. RevenantsKnight

RevenantsKnight IncGamers Member

More or less all that is known concerning the history and such of the Diablo world is the information given in the game manuals for Diablo, Diablo II, and Lord of Destruction. The Dark Library, the fan fiction archive related to these forums, has a section of articles that includes almost all of the text from these three manuals, as well as NPC dialogues from the game and quest info, which also touch on Sanctuary's past at times. Some stuff isn't there, such as an image of the map provided in the Diablo II manual, but if you still have questions after reading what TDL has, then I suggest you look at some of the past threads in this forum. If that doesn't work, then feel free to ask specific questions in this thread, and I'll see what I can dig up.

3. Titanchik

look i just want ot make a Diablo history book for my own...
    i need some thing like this:

The Great Conflict

Since the beginning, the forces of Light and Darkness have engaged in a eternal war: The Great Conflict, whose victor will rise from the apocalyptic ashes to hold sway over all creation. To this end, the Angels of the High Heavens adhere to strict militaristic disciplines. Seraphim warriors strike at the enemies of Light with swords imbued with righteous wrath and justice. The Angels believe that only absolute discipline can properly restore order to the myriad realms, while demonic denizens of the Burning Hells hold that absolute chaos is the true nature of all things

there is some thing like this on the net? mainly i need D2 history because i got a good example for D1 .... so i hope there is some thing :)

TNX

4. RevenantsKnight

Hrm...I'm a little confused about what you mean by "D2 history," since that is basically the same thing as Diablo history, as the second game occurs mere months (or maybe weeks; the exact length of time is unclear) after the first one. If you want to know what happened between the games, the only thing I've seen on that by Blizzard is Cain's journal entry in the Diablo II manual, which you should be able to find through the link I posted. My general sense is that things calmed down for a very short period of time, and then all hell broke loose again in the West immediately following the Wanderer's passing.

5. Titanchik

look...
    i need the story of D2+lod all what heppens in the game but written as a history...
    i dont want it lke this:
    aftertaht go to cain adn speak to him.he will give you a ring taht you must put in the cave forthe first quest.
    no i want it as a history
    after the long battel bloodraven was under my feet blooding as the gras turnes red.back there in the rouge camp cain gave me the ring that i must put in the cave of rot , i must destroy that cave.
    or
    after the bloody battel the hero stood in the darknes loking on the dead body of bloodraven,as the the birds flw to her body for there night feast the hero opened a blue portal by using one of him megical scrolls.

now you got it :)
    BTW
    jee i didnt knew i can write like this ^^
    BTW it can be from cains look too or some one from the side..

TNx

6. RevenantsKnight

Oh.

Obviously, there's no "official" tale of the games, since Blizzard hasn't released a sequel to Diablo II.

I doubt you'll find anything that spans the entirety of Diablo II and Lord of Destruction, simply because this story is one that has been worked to death by the games. Unless such a tale is very well told, most people I know will eventually just shrug and go play the game instead. Therefore, I know that I personally wouldn't write such a thing on my own, because very few people would bother reading it and it's definitely not my story, but a retelling of something that I've seen over and over again.

Also, a lot of Diablo fanfic tends to stay away from the strict plotlines of the games for this reason. Look around this forum and count the number of stories that stick closely to the game...I bet I could show that number with one hand.

Just so you have an idea of what you're requesting, know that the longest such piece that I've seen, after years of work, is still in Act I. Writing a decent story that covers such familiar ground but is still interesting is very difficult and time-consuming.

7. Titanchik

look i found this :
    http://pluto.spaceports.com/~thanatos/diablo/story1.html
    i really like it and the first lines are from this thing...
    some one wrote it right?

hmmf i dont know what to say... i just want ot finish my book...
    i could write it but im not an english speaker and i dont think i got enough level to writh such a story.

i dont know what to do...
    may be some one could write this thing - but who?
    BTW
    the official diablo fiction from blizzard is close to the game or its realy not as the game story line ?

8. RevenantsKnight

Yep. Blizzard. That text is, word for word, the information given in the Diablo I manual. Not nice of that person to not cite his/her sources... :mad:

Well, you could always write it in your mother language. You probably wouldn't get much feedback if you did and posted it here, but hey, I'm sure there're other folks out there who don't speak English as a first language and still read/write Diablo stories. If you don't feel confident enough to write this in English, that doesn't mean you can't write it at all. Or, if you know some folks who are bilingual, write your story in your best language and then see if they can translate it.

I haven't read any of the Blizzard-approved novels based on Diablo, so I can't comment on its possible validity. During my time here, though, I have never seen anyone reference them, so my guess would be that they're largely disregarded by most people.

9. Titanchik

hhmmf indeed not nice...
    hey...if there is a thing like this in D1 manul
    what about D2 manual?
    i remmber you sad some thing about it
    but its written in this tipe of writing?

10. RevenantsKnight

Yes, there is something like that in the Diablo II manual that addresses the time between Diablo I and Diablo II, as well as some other times before that. Try the link I posted at the beginning.

11. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

The official Diablo 2 books release by Blizzard take place in Sanctuary, the world that Diablo 2 takes place in, but have nothing at all to do with the storylines presented in the games.

Awesome books, though.