Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Looking for BowMancer help

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by smilts, Oct 26, 2006.

1. smilts

smilts IncGamers Member

Looking for BowMancer help

I want to build a BowMancer without using summons or at least no more than a golem. I was kinda wanting to explore the iron golem also was thinking of going lower resist with a High elemental bow along with confuse for crouds and a really low either decrep or amp damage though Im leaning toward amp as it was a suggestion that makes sense other than that not real sure where to go with it.
    EDIT: Was also thinking to get a fairly strong wall and either prison or armor in the bone skills.

2. SSoG

SSoG IncGamers Member

If you have access to the resources, Brand is the best bow for a Bowmancer. You can crank up the Bone Prison and Bone Wall, and they'll actually synergize the ctc Bonespear on Brand.

As far as skills go... Lower Resist probably doesn't lower resistances enough to make a high-elemental damage bow (such as Harmony or Hellrack) viable on their own, especially given how slowly the Necromancer shoots. I'd rely on Dim Vision as my main curse (because if enemies can't see you, they can't hurt you), and Amp/Decrep as support curses. Max Bonewall and Boneprison for added fortifications, and be prepared to spend a lot of time, because Bowmancers have LOUSY cth and damage. He'll be a very slow killer, and there's not much you can do about it.

3. smilts

smilts IncGamers Member

was using a caculator to check on lower resist it kinda sucks SLvL 20 -62% SLvL 15 -60% but what realy sucks is SLvL 30 65% wich ruins my plans.
    but an explosive arrow bow like brand or even upped Kuko might be ok with it not real sure how the fire damage splash works with lower resist.

4. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

I really dont see the point in using brand, if you want to spam bonespear (and one that will do actual dmg) then make a bonemancer. I would suggest using a high physical dmg bow (ie. faith) and combine it with amp dmg and alot of physical +ed mods on items and auras. Such as
    300% ed : Fort Armor
    200%+ : Faith Bow
    345%+: Pride Polearm on Merc
    Thats about it, get a HF merc so you dont get swarmed, and stock up on ias equiment to get a reasonable attack speed. You wont be a fast killer, but you WILL be able to kill.

5. smilts

smilts IncGamers Member

Ahh one point I forgot to mention was I play SP only hard to get faith, I have RWM but thats it