Looking for advice on best areas to find a couple bows.

Steellord

Diabloii.Net Member
I am trying to find a Witchwyld String bow and a Riphook bow for a couple builds I want to try. What areas should I be looking to have the best chance of finding these bows? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have a lvl 78 blizz sorc that I have been running NM areas looking for items and am wondering if I should abandon NM and start running her in Hell. I have been away from D2 for awhile and am not sure how much has changed in the interim. TIA

Yng

Diabloii.Net Member

Select item type at the bottom (unique), grade (exceptional), specifics (witchwild or riphook) then select all difficulties (sort by chance) which will open another window with drop probabilities in order most likely to least likely. It’s important to take into account how long each target takes to kill and what (if) other items you’re looking for. For example, for witchwild specifically, NM Mephisto is your best bet for outright producing only that but quest bugged Hell Andariel is only slightly behind and has some good drop rates of other things you might want.

Steellord

Diabloii.Net Member

Select item type at the bottom (unique), grade (exceptional), specifics (witchwild or riphook) then select all difficulties (sort by chance) which will open another window with drop probabilities in order most likely to least likely. It’s important to take into account how long each target takes to kill and what (if) other items you’re looking for. For example, for witchwild specifically, NM Mephisto is your best bet for outright producing only that but quest bugged Hell Andariel is only slightly behind and has some good drop rates of other things you might want.
Thank you for the link. What do you mean by quest bugged Hell Andariel?

Yng

Diabloii.Net Member
Quest bugged andariel always gets the better drop rates of the first time you kill a boss for a quest. Take TP that opens after andariel kill, warriv to act 2, save and exit. IIRC the other bosses are a lot harder to bug.

Kartongen

Diabloii.Net Member
Quest bugged andariel always gets the better drop rates of the first time you kill a boss for a quest. Take TP that opens after andariel kill, warriv to act 2, save and exit. IIRC the other bosses are a lot harder to bug.
Just wanna point out that to questbug Andariel, all you need to do is talk to Warriv before you S&E (the first time you kill her). The other steps are superstition.