Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Looking for advice 4 killing baal Faster

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by KadoorieNuts, Oct 4, 2006.

1. KadoorieNuts

KadoorieNuts IncGamers Member

Looking for advice 4 killing baal Faster

I am looking for some advice for killing Baal fast with a Faith/Bowzon setup. This is my first bowzon so I duno whether it is possible to speed up the process. All my other character e.g. smiter, javazon, kickersin, Frenzybrab finish baal under 30 sec. However, my bowzon with faith/Strafe/Pride-Merc did it very slow. Any idea? Tx in advance.

2. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

baal has 55% block and 50% dr so don't expect miracles (act bosses in general are quite unbalanced when it comes to physical resistance vs. elemental resistance)

your other chars probably have crushing blow which works good vs.bosses, but unfortunately cb is severely reduced with ranged attacks

what i usually do is cast lifetap on the boss and strafe/ga away

3. KadoorieNuts

tx Leo for your prompt reply. I did cast LT but my merc survived marginally. Will it help with a Reaper instead of Pride?

4. themachine

themachine IncGamers Member

LOH gloves gives +350% dmg vs Demons, including act bosses.
    Atma's Scarab amulet gives CtC AmpDmg on striking, essentially doubling the physical dmg you do.

That alone should help. I was able to kill Hell Baal in 30-40 secs with my lvl88 Faith Strafezon untill I got hacked and lost her Faith and Fort. Now she's mostly a mule.

5. KadoorieNuts

Tx M for your advice. I will try out the Atma's Scarab. (Switch out Cat's eye for Atma, I will lose 20ias but let c. Stats sometimes fool us.) BTW, I switch reaper for pride. It works much better.

6. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

Actually, since hell Baal has 50% DR, Amp would reduce this to -50%.

Damage would be tripled if he was Amp'd.

7. smeer

smeer IncGamers Member

I find reaper to be equal (compared to pride) in most situations, but especially if a monster has >50 DR reapers is much better (if a monster has 50% DR, your damage will be doubled because of decrep, but also the monsters damage output will be 25% because of 50%weaken + 50% slow).

edit:
    There are a lot off monsters with 50% DR, baal, Duriel, Andariel, Blood Lord, Siege Beast, most undeads to name a few.
    Not to mention the fact that reapers is much much cheaper.

8. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

yeah reapers is a viable option but if you do cs runs you'll want pride because you'll want to keep the merc behind action

anyway, lifetap seems to work well with my merc (a2 nm offensive, andy mask, eth shaft & pride), 50% ll does the trick i guess

9. thefranklin

thefranklin IncGamers Member

Does crushing blow help? I know it is nerfed for ranged, but only in half right, and if you strafe you fire arrows damn fast at one target. I am just building a bow zon now, so I am interested to know.

10. KremBanan

KremBanan IncGamers Member

If I remember correctly, its nerfed 1/16 for ranged attacks + champions/unique monsters.

11. Perfect Hatred

Perfect Hatred IncGamers Member

Well the problem with reapers toll in most situations is that you usually kill the enemy before your merc has a chance to attack them and decreptify to go off. Pride on the other hand is active all the time (concentration). This is especially evident when you walk up the river of Flame to CS and your merc gets stuck in places and you have to fight without him. Usually I switch my merc weapon from pride right before I kill diablo to reapers since it handles Diablo very well. Also for the cows eth reapers really own. Even 50 cows around your merc cant kill him if he has Reapers and they are all decreptified since they stand in a tight crowd :smiley:

So to sum things up:
    Standard weapon = Pride
    for Diablo/Baal/Cows = eth Reapers Toll

12. thefranklin

thefranklin IncGamers Member

I think you are right, but melee is nerfed 1/8 for thos monsters, so it is still exactly half as effective, and if you fire arrows fast enough, wouldn't that offset the nerfness?

13. KadoorieNuts

tx PH and frank for your input. I did a comparison on Baal run for both setup; namely, Pride and Reaper's (eth & regular). I found Reaper's speed up the process by 40-50% (all the way). Not only does reaper's handle PI monster, especially in group, better, it also slow dw other monsters and that make life easier for my bowzon.

Magic arrow does handle these PI well but not fast enf. With Reaper's they go down faster. It is especially important for group of PI monsters (don't remember their name) which cast spell (?) to lower your life. My tactic is frozen arrow x2/3 > move away > give time for merc to approach them > magic arrow> frozen arrow x2> magic arrow. Reapeat these until they are all taken care of.

Pride seems to work (better ?) at other area with less PI or less packed PI. For the bosses, Reaper's is king. For these reasons, I believe Pride is not necessary. If you are rich, try it out for fun!!