Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Looking for a.....

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by ELNINO, Jun 21, 2005.

1. ELNINO

ELNINO IncGamers Member

Looking for a.....

Im looking for a godly build, that can breeze hell, mf, etc....Can any1 suggest any build? Is there anything other then a hammerdin thats fits this, b/c i really need a good build to start rebuilding up my account (b/c it expired) but i just really dont like hammerdins. But, if need be, ill prob make a hammerdin.

thanks

2. DjSlayer

DjSlayer IncGamers Member

Necro:
    Pure summoner: This one can breaze hell and tank any creature, but it has no back-up skill to get the first corpses. (the best gear for this one is found in normal difficulty)
    Summoner/poison: A summon/poison hybrid with more points in the summon tree than the poison/bone (just enough to get the first corpses in act 1)
    poison/summoner: More skill points in poison and can do serious damage.
    Summoner/bone: Just as summon/poison hybrid, but with bonespear and spirit as a first corpse getter.
    bone/summoner: Heavely investment in bone spear and spirit and their synergies (and perhaps the abuse of marrowalks). relies only on the summons as tanks.

- D.J.

3. JakethePeanut

JakethePeanut IncGamers Member

They aren't 'godly' builds, but I prefer meteorb sorceress and whirlwind barbs

The barbs equipment would either have to be full IK (which is pretty good) or a more expensive option of things like BotD, Enigma, Shako etc

4. Bert

Bert IncGamers Member

If you can afford BotD and enigma you better make a hammerdin, i know you don't like it but in fact when played corectly it's a very party friendly char that can do everything.

Bert

5. 5Ws

5Ws Banned

Errr, Hammerdins don't use BOTD.

6. HardyTarget

HardyTarget IncGamers Member

I think you mean HOTO instead of BoTD.
    Very good caster weapon, ideal for hammerdins.

7. Angelclaw

Angelclaw IncGamers Member

I think he means that, if you can afford a BotD, you can for sure get your hands on a decent HotO.

8. 5Ws

5Ws Banned

Not even HOTO is needed, Wizzy+HoZ does just fine, so will 2x Spirit.

9. Bert

Bert IncGamers Member

Was it that unclear that only Angelclaw got it? :rolleyes:

BTW: did nobody saw the Uber hammerdin using BotD where every hammer explodes into bursts of venom? :D

10. HardyTarget

HardyTarget IncGamers Member

Er, well spirit has only +2 skills, 35fcr and less resists.
    Wizzy has no +skills.
    Hoto has +3skills/40fcr and, in some cases, 40allres and with Hoz, it's an ideal equipment for a hammerdin.

Spirit and wiz are nice if you can't afford a Hoto, of course.

11. drinkturps

drinkturps IncGamers Member

If you can find a good base shield for Spirit it can be rather nice. I made mine in a +44 Res All shield so I have +44 Fire Res and +79 Res for the rest. Rather nice if you have the patience to look for one.

12. Gix

Gix IncGamers Member

Dual Dream Bear Assassin

-Gix

13. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

Actually I prefer Wizzy to HOTO on my hammerdin but meh.

@ELNINO: Fishymancer (summoning necro) is probably the best starting character ever. You can also make a Meteorb sorc and farm NM meph pretty easily to get some nice starting gear.

14. Twoflower

Twoflower Banned

stop talking about runewords, he was asking for a char to REBUILD his acount which EXPIRED, so he probably wont have a single vex rune...

hammerdin can kill whit cheap equip too, meteorb, summoning necro

the classic 3 :thumbsup:

15. ELNINO

ELNINO IncGamers Member

I started a summon necro, he going pretty good... He is level 24 and getting ready for baal runs. Hopefully he will live up to my expectations in hell. Does any1 have a equipment ideas of him?

Thanks

16. Twoflower

Twoflower Banned

i whit wand does wonders and is cheap ( dol - io )

apart from that, marrowwalk, homunculus, shako, sojs, maras, vipermagi, arachnid, all the caster stuff... but it will probably take you time to get it :)

oh, and, summoner is so great since he never has to be on the front line, so you dont need to worry about eitther defense nor resists... gear up as much magic find as you can :thumbsup:

17. ELNINO

ELNINO IncGamers Member

Yea, I was thinking I need to get homoculus and shako. Right now I have about 22 pgems, but i dont know how much a shako or homo cost in pgems...Prob alot more then 22...Well, i have a long ways to go... thanks for the help

18. Bullet-Tooth Tony

Bullet-Tooth Tony IncGamers Member

On Europe HCL Shako costs about Mal or Um (if you're lucky). Um = 2 Puls.
    Pul can be traded (again, if you're lucky) for 20-25 PGems. So, I beleive, the cheapest possible price for Shako can be 40-50 PGems.
    IMHO, it'll be much cheaper not to try to get Shako for PGems directly (I don't think it's possible), but first, trade for some runes, cube'em up and then buy Shako.
    About Homonoculus:
    great item for summoner, but think a little bit, can you go without it? I think, you can. The great thing about summoner is that once you've summoned your army, you don't need to permanently have tons of +Summoning stuff on you, because you'll most of the time use curses/CE.
    Homonoculus has only +2 to Necro skills, and no more to summoning. I'm sure you can easily get a better summoning head. +3 summoning, or even +1/+2 with some RS/SM/CG/GM will be better than Homonoculus.
    Summon your skelies and weapon-switch to different setup. There's no real need for a head - go for any high-block/resist shield - Rhyme Bone shield, for instance. Worse than Homo, but great choice if you can't afford it, and also CBF and Magic Find on it (you need MF, don't you?).
    So, I think it will be a good idea for a poor summoner to have summoning weapon switch, and general purpose other switch.

19. Bert

Bert IncGamers Member

edit: not reading everyting and wanted to make a comment :D

20. kitehellion

kitehellion IncGamers Member

White is more of a bone necro wand. I think that Arm of King Leoric would be better. And cheaper, I think. And Marrow walks suck, and are only good for the glitch, which would give an up'd synergy for spirit, which is a Bone Necro skill. But the other gear would be great. BTW, with Vipermagi, I use Enigma for my summon necro, just cus of having alot of them. (Seriously, I have like 5 of them. I've actually given a few away. Its good to have about 20 friends who have played since the first patch of D1) :D But anyway, about the Vipermagi, you may want to up it. I forgot exactly, but I think with some rune and tome of town portal, you can up the quality... It may be somewhere on the website. I'll ask my friends what the recipe is, and post it.