Looking for a picture viewer

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Looking for a picture viewer

Okay, MS Photo editor has given me the ****s for the last time.

What I'm looking for is a basic picture viewer that supports all the major formats - bmp, jpg, gif, etc. Support for animated gifs would in particular be nice. I'd also really like one that has a gallery function - you open a directory and it shows all the images in it in a big gallery (or small versions of them anyway).

But most importantly it has to open up fast, so I'm not clicking on images and then waiting forever for the dumb thing to initialise - which is what happens when I use Ulead Photo Explorer which came with something I bought, don't remember what. Ulead is buggy and hogs memory anyway.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Shut up, you. Does Mac's default viewer even have a gallery feature/animated gif support?

ael

Diabloii.Net Member
Try IrfanView. Freeware and supports a whole lot of img types. If you dont need fancy hud`s and that kinda stuff ofc. It has a gallery function somewhere but I forgot where exactly.

DurfBarian

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, I've heard good things about IrfanView and was going to suggest it . . . although Amra's idea was good too. :p

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, I've heard good things about IrfanView and was going to suggest it . . . although Amra's idea was good too. :p
Getting a Mac is like becoming celibate... sure, there's no chance of hang-ups or viruses, but what's the point?

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
98 > XP, because I do retrogaming.

Also XP does nothing 98 can't, it just hogs way more resources.