Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

looking for 1.00 version

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Krupa, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Krupa

Krupa IncGamers Member

looking for 1.00 version

hi guys

i´m looking for a 1.00 version of the game
    installed from my old discs and it turns out to be 1.03
    if i download from blizz it will be the same or even higher i guess
    does anyone have an idea how i can get my hands on a 1.00?

also it turns out to be impossible to create a hc char. i know there was a restriction, i just forgot how to work around it...

regards
    joe

2. Bogan

Bogan IncGamers Member

Re: looking for 1.00 version

I ended up having to buy a used copy from an online website. And as for creating hardcore characters, you need to beat Diablo in softcore mode first. Alternatively, placing a character that has in your saves folder should let you create one.

3. BKC

BKC IncGamers Member

Krupa m8, i can dig up my old cd's i think i have an 1.0 version for you available :) there is a registry edit to work around the inability to create HC chars (it should be in the HC faq over in the HC forums!).

Ill check upon my CD's tonight to see if i really have 1.0 but i am pretty sure about it!

4. Chromesto

Chromesto IncGamers Member

I have an old set of d2 cds from some kind of Exclusive Gift Set (contained the game + useless Official strategy guide + DVD containing all the cinematics from the original game). Just few days ago I wanted to try how the game was when it was released so I installed my copy from those cds and it was 1.00. I don't know if there is multiple versions of this kind of Exclusive Gift Set but at least my version of it contained old enough media. Good luck finding one anyway if you're up for it.

(Although upgrading to 1.06 isn't that bad as there weren't any "big" changes to that point. Only some balance (Whirlwind seemed totally op when I tried it on 1.00) or bug fixes unless I missed something critical.)

The installers downloaded from Blizzard installed 1.12 for me so I suppose they install either 1.12 or 1.13 these days.