Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Looking back...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by London, Mar 20, 2004.

1. London

London IncGamers Member

Looking back...

A lot of stuff has happened since school started for me in October. I've been in 2 car accidents, had 2 girl friends, had thousands of dollars pass through my bank accout, or my hands. Not missing a day of school, still putting a lot of effort into my car, losing some of my friends, but making some ones at the same time.

I don't even know why I'm posting this, maybe just to get some feelings out. About 15 minutes ago, I was ransacking my cubbards and I saw something that said "Martin" on it, the first thing that popped into my head was my last girlfriend, Aubrey. I see her everyonce in awhile at school, and today while I was driving. I still do catch myself thinking about her at night, about what we had, how happy I was, everything. Early today, when I was my Foreign Policy class, I rememberd the last time she was at my house, it was a Friday. The reason I remember it, is that next day (Saturday) was a car show, and I still have the ticket stub in my wallet.

I don't know why I think these thoughts, or why I'm sitting here posting about, well, what I'm posting about. I don't know what it was about her, that attracted me to her. Last year, I'd see her around school and say to myself "Ooh man, Aubrey Martin". Never thinking that I'd date her, let alone kiss her. Remembering those times I'd get off work, calling her and her asking me to come over.

Or when, my bumper for my car came. Then I drove down to her house, we went to go look at cars, and then back to my house again. The night before the day I just explained... I was talking with her on the internet and I the topic of dating came up, and I asked her what she wanted. (At this time, I didn't know she had feelings for me, and I didn't really have feelings for her.) I asked her what she wanted, and she told me "If what I want is meant to happen, it will happen." and that was us, and it did happen.

Oooh man, I'm listening to music on my computer right now. Out of the 134 songs on my winamp player, and it being on 'shuffle', its playing New Found Glory - The Story So Far. This was the song I listened to religeously before we dated, it made me think about her, and at the time I liked to think about her. I remember, for about 4 or 5 nights in a row, me and her would talk for a minimum of 2 hours each of those 5 nights, we just talked, about everything. Damn, it sure is ironic how this song is playing right now....

One time that sticks out in my head the most is when I went over to her house afterwork one night, there was nothing special about it... That night, of all the times we spent together sticks out the most.

We broke up on a Friday, and a week later we fooled around. Like I stated before, that was the last time she was at my house. We continued to talk, despite it was werid and akward. Then we stopped talking for a long period of time, she withdrew, I got busy with school/work. Some stuff got around to her about stuff I apparently said about her, and she was upset with me for awhile, I didn't really care. She always told me she thought we were gonna end up together.

About 4 months later, I haven't dated a girl since. I couldn't love single life more. Aubrey and I went out to dinner awhile ago, she was the one who asked me, we went out and had a good time. When I dropped her off that night, I said "I had fun. Goodnight Aubrey". That was the last time I ever spoke with her, don't really know why, don't really care. Didn't try to call her, she didn't try to call me.

Looking back, I know I did all I could. I treated her the best I could, I did everything I thought was right, and thats all a person can do. I'm not sure why I made my longest post to date on one of my ex-girlfriends. It's strange how a can that reads "Martin" can envoke such memories to me.

She's still with her rude, controlling boyfriend. He still treats her like crap, she still cheats on him (one of the people she cheated on him with was me). Like I said before, I did the best I could in that relationship, her actions just reflect on her as a person. Last week, my brothers girlfriend of 8 months asked me if I ever thought about falling in love, or getting a girlfriend. I told her it was the last thing on my mind, and there are more important things to me.

If this didn't make sense to any of you, I'm sorry. A lot of thoughts were going through my head, and I tried to organize them and explain them as best I could.

2. Akira

Akira Member

Alot of people still think about their exes a while after they break up. The longer you've gone out with someone the more you're going to think about them afterwards. If i'm remembering correctly you are in highschool yes? i wouldn't worry about it not working out, .000000000000001% of highschool relationships end up in a happy marriage.

From what it sounds like she has alot of growing up to do, and i wouldn't put it past anyone to keep growing up, so don't take it personally when i say you'll probably grow up more too. Anyways, if what you've said is accurate it seems she needs to figure out how to be a person with self-confidence and self-esteem and also figure out just what the hell she wants.

And 134 songs? You need to get some more music in there.

3. London

London IncGamers Member

Haha... I don't know where to download music anymore, I don't want anything to do with Kazaa. To reply to the rest of your post...

I knew that relationship was going to last more then 3 months. Yes, I am a senior in high school. Oh, and yes I do have a lot of growing up to do as well, just in different areas. I think the main reason of my post was just to vent and get some things off my chest. She is very pretty, easily the prettiest girl I've ever dated, maybe thats one of the reasons why she lingers in the back of my mind...

4. Akira

Akira Member

Venting is all good, i should probably do it more myself.

Memories of pretty girls do seem to get stuck in guys minds easily, especially where relationships are involved. Hell, i still think about this girl i was dating in november sometimes even though we only had what amounted to a 1 month fling.

As for downloading more music... hrm...

i remember someone saying the word limewire once, maybe you should investigate that further.

5. superman22

superman22 IncGamers Member

:) just want to tell you to smile.. keep your head up...

and love. not only your friends.. but your enemies as well...

6. London

London IncGamers Member

Oh, I'm plenty happy with my life right now. Sure, I'd want to change a few things, but for the most part... I'm happy with my life.

7. Starfishied

Starfishied IncGamers Member

You're still young. Try to have fun with life while you can. Being single isn't as bad as you think. If you really want to look for someone special, the best way to look is not to look for one. When the right time comes, it'll happen before you know it.

8. London

London IncGamers Member

Not to be Captain Obvious but... The reason for this post was to just get some stuff off my chest, I really did like that girl, as I do no longer have feelings for her, looking at that can... Just opened the floodgate of memories for me...

9. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

I think I know what your problem is. You were listening to nfg :D

10. London

London IncGamers Member

Hahaha... Thats the only song I like by them, and at the time... I made me think really happy thoughts.

11. London

London IncGamers Member

To tell some more...

Listening to this song, Blink 182 - All of this. And sitting in my room, looking at the edge of my bed... Listening to this song is where I poured my eyes out, because I knew it was over between me and her. Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this all now... After this long, wow.

12. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

hmmm what you just said seems like it would go well in a song....

13. Hashmalum

Hashmalum IncGamers Member

Firstly, being a d2 internet nerd its highly unlikley you have or had a girlfriend. Secondly, noone cares about this ******** topic. Thirdly, if this story is true I shudder to think how ugly this girl must be.

14. zodiac66

zodiac66 IncGamers Member

Your first post in the OTF certainly was not a nice one. Good way of building up your reputation. :grrr:

15. Freet

Freet IncGamers Member

If you are looking to get booted you are certainly on the right path.

Read the forum FAQ and learn.

16. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Given that you're just as much as a "d2 internet nerd" as anyone here, I doubt you're in a position to talk. Most of the people here are in a serious relationship or are married.

Oh, and you're a moron, so I refer you to the link.. Please die now, kthxbuhbye.

17. masterazn

masterazn Banned

I used to be a d2 nerd when I had a girlfriend. Then when I left her, I wasn't a d2 nerd anymore. And I haven't hooked up with a girl since.

18. ZeppelinAngel

ZeppelinAngel IncGamers Member

that has to be the dumbest thing i've ever read, don't assume things about people here, because you don't know any of us, so please keep your stupid comments to yourself, thanks :)

and anakha's right, many people here have partners

19. London

London IncGamers Member

Hmmm, well since I'm a nerd. I guess, everything I just told was a lie, and it was just for attention. I could say a bunch of nasty things about you, but guess what... I'm not. Have you ever heard the word 'mature'? Apparently not. :grrr:

Back to the topic, yes that song did suit that moment quite well I might add. I believe the point in this post was just to get some belated things off my chest. Seeing her around isn't hard, it just brings back memories I do and do not want in my head.

20. London

London IncGamers Member

Oh, I forgot to add... Also, have you ever heard the term 'Bueaty is in the eye of the beholder'? Apparently not, every man has different tastes in women. Like I said, I could go into a lot of stuff about you, or assume things (like you did) but I'm not, because I'm... MATURE. As to quote Anakha, please die now.