Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Looking at the Blender Build

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Rekkless, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Rekkless

Rekkless IncGamers Member

Looking at the Blender Build

Hello. I was looking at making a Blender Build based on the one in the 1.09 Strategy Compedium. Since it has many different unanswered questions in it, I was wondering about a couple of things before I start spending time in this char.

This is all assuming that crushing blow and freezes target (or slows target) works on Blade Shield.

A. What range does Blade Shield have? In 1.09 it was the range of the weapon even though it said it would be at 3.3 yards. Has this changed?
    B. How effective is Blade Shield now? ie. how fast does it hit, how many points should be put into it for it to be effective? It used to hit as fast as the equipped weapon.
    C. How does blade fury work? This includes the damage transferred onto it. ie. Venom, as well as any elemental damage on equipment.
    D. Also, does elemental damage work on Blade Shield now?
    E. What now is the best way to get the Freezes Target mod? I look on Arreat and still only found Ice Blink in terms of non-weapons, so I was wondering if there would be any good weapons to have... There are a number of mods with "Slows Target", but there isn't the shatter effect, and was wondering how useful it was.

If you could help me with this it would be greatly appreciated.

(C'mon, you know you want to... what else are you going to do here now? Actually play D2?)

2. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

Crushing Blow no longer works with Blade Shield, AFAIK. Crushing blow was removed from several things in this patch, like the explosions of exploding arrow.

3. belth

belth IncGamers Member

Dunno exact values or definitive answers, but got a kicker with bladeshield... Some is "seems to do this" answers though, so someone more knowledgeable should able to fill in the large gaps.

A. Seems pretty short range, I've read it's independent of weapon range.
    B. Hits once per second, you have to max it unless you feel like recasting it all the time. Venom is transferred as is leech, but no % to cast effects or any of the other fun stuff :( Not sure about elemental damage but I assume it transfers because poison does.
    C. See B, except % to cast (and propably CB/DS/etc) are transferred. 1 point wonder (if it wasn't in 1.09, didn't play asn then)
    D. See B ;)
    E. No idea really

4. Rekkless

heh... well that killed that idea...
    oh well...
    thanks

5. Frankeinstein

Frankeinstein IncGamers Member

Qeznart is in act1 Hell as of this morning. LVL 68. Still using BF as much as possible. Really hard now though...
    Need better weapon & backup shield.
    Biggest problem is still watching my HF merc. Getting kinda $$$$$ to heal him.

SM is maxed + 3pts so that does help alot.

DS is lvl 11 now
    Venom is maxed

% to cast does not seem to work on BF
    but CB does

Need more AR to hit things better...
    any suggestions would be welcome.

I invested too much time to scrap this build now. Working on getting $$$ so I can start to gamble again.

Would it be worth it to imbune (charis) (sp) quest an item I using a lightning axe on my switch & coldkill hachet as main weapon.

works but not as well in Hell.

6. bfandreas

bfandreas IncGamers Member

Have you tried to use a Shadowkiller? CM does apply to BF when using a claw. I guess you best bet would be an ethereal bartucs since BF doesn't damage your weapon. It's pretty tough to get enough AR when using a claw. But it is next to impossible when using an axe.

7. bleuless

bleuless IncGamers Member

howdy, your screen name is similiar to me, and also interest!! i was thinking about building a blender also, but with the research i've done basically it all comes down to "1.10 blender doesn't work"

sorry, but it was never meant to work like the way it did, so blizzard fixed it. period. blade shield is really a defensive tac on, not meant to be used kill things left and right.

D. there ARE some weapons that has the freeze target mod. look in the uniques. or the cham rune.

8. Rekkless

alright, since blade shield is dead...

lextalionis said that there were rumours that the "pierces" mod may may work with blade fury... if so... razortail might be a good belt to wear...

9. Frankeinstein

Shadowkiller? haven't heard of that yet. I was trying to work toward the guide that was posted on this earlier before the... well you all know.

Anyway, I would switch to a Claw if I can find one w/ the stats as least as good as coldkill (overall)

I just for some reason have not found of gotten anything decent gambling when looking for a weapon or equipment.

Met a barb yesterday on b-net, had 3 Bartucs, but wanted way too much for just one of them. Only thing I have in my stash is a razortail thats worth anything... wearing a peasant crown, but I'm not gonna give that up yet.

I don't have any mules yet. probably won't for some time yet.

I just may have to start over & start a ladder char or go to SP again.

Thing is I can tank LE dung beetles in late NM all day long... Figure it should count for something... Ah well, need to find some MF items.
    Should I socket the peasant crown w/ Ptopaz? for something else... any opions?

BTW, razortail is a waste using BF... isn't it? I seem to get better results using Hwiann's belt & armor. (+100 life & def bonuses)

Btww... wear would be best place for a bartuc drop?

10. Rekkless

razortail would be a waste if piercing attack didn't work on.

Shadowkiller would indeed be good (and it looks cool to... being indestructable ethereal, and all) ...unless freezes target doesn't work.

+170-220% Enhanced Damage (varies)
    -25% Target Defense
    Freezes Target +2
    +10-15 To Mana After Each Kill (varies)
    33% Chance To Cast Level 8 Frost Nova On Striking
    Indestructible
    Ethereal (Cannot Be Repaired)*

looks pretty nice to me... if only the frost nova worked

11. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

Piercing doesn't work.

CTC on striking definately does work.

12. bfandreas

bfandreas IncGamers Member

And the freeze does work, too.
    But the chance to freeze is dependent on the difference between clvl and mlvl. Nothing new here :p

13. Frankeinstein

14. Rekkless

ok... just wondering

15. Scriptkiddie

Scriptkiddie IncGamers Member

hey frankeinstein

frankeinstein on what server do you play? if you play on europe I got a shadowkiller for u for free. I also have a perfect shadowkiller there but I will need something for that one. if you play on europe msg me /w *patrick_lierop

hope to see u soon :xgift:

16. Frankeinstein

Thanks for the offer, but I'm on East ATM... If you can hang on to it, I'll create a european character when I get back.
    I won't be around for just over a week... Going to Mexico tomorrow to escape the cold (-21 below zero F this morning)
    Hope to catch some sailfish & marlin again :D

I'll also be on the lookout for the giant squid :p

17. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

Basically, everything that used to work in 1.09 on Blade Shield now works in 1.10 on Blade Fury.

The only exception I can think of offhand is Hit Freezes Target.

Unlike Blade Shield, Blade Fury is considered a ranged attack which makes a difference in terms of Crushing Blow et al.

18. Scriptkiddie

Scriptkiddie IncGamers Member

hehe

cool, just msg me. Big game fishing is still one of my dreams :D I do carpfishing here in holland, but I want to biggamefishing atleast once in my life. gl