Lookin for a R.P.G. That has some aspects of d2

theorysmage

Diabloii.Net Member
Lookin for a R.P.G. That has some aspects of d2

I suck at trying to rundown games that might interest me.DIABLO 2 has been my bread and water for past 2 yrs or so.I am finding it hard to hang in and play now.So was hoping someone could give me a suggestion where i might be able to find a cool game list (virus free) and i could go to browsing

Appreciate the help

TheorysMage

Leohappy

Diabloii.Net Member
There are many games similar to Diablo 2 out there. Try Divine Divinity, Beyond Divinity or Sacred. Nox is also good but quite old. And probably some other titles...

Diab

Diabloii.Net Member
I've played Sacred and Divine Divinity; they're pretty good games. Also, don't forget Diablo 1. I haven't really played it, but Dungeon Siege may also resemble D2 in some ways.

theorysmage

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks guys i will go and try to find them.Just needing a side game to d2 its getting kinda burnedout on my side.

Appreciate the help

Theorysmage

Twoflower

Banned
sacred is a cheap rip off, and not as good quality... well, when it first came out anyway, havent even bothered to try it since then

ahcw

Diabloii.Net Member
The Champions of Norrath games on PS2 are quite similar, although I didn't enjoy them nearly as much as D2 for some reason.....

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
theorysmage said:
I suck at trying to rundown games that might interest me.DIABLO 2 has been my bread and water for past 2 yrs or so.I am finding it hard to hang in and play now
Dungeon Siege is a bit of a problem --- they had some nice ideas, but overall gameplay is MUCH more boring than D2.

I've always liked Darkstone in the past, but it's getting old... I don't even know whether I tried it since I got the XP box, so it might not even run on current boxes.

EDIT: If you get it, don't forget to drop a piece of gold into the bag of the two musicians near the big tree in the middle of town for a bonus song :) Doesn't do anything to the game, so you could just do this once and restart.

EDIT: The most interesting thing about Darkstone is that you are playing a 2-char party --- the active char is controlled by you, the other one is running on AI like a D2 merc, but you can switch between them any time.

There is also Nox --- it's been a while since I played it, and I think I didn't finish it for some reason. Might actually have to dig it out again some day...

I've always wanted to get Sacred and/or Divine Divinity, but it hasn't happened so far.

Probably forgot some games, though...

Frosty_The_Snowman

Diabloii.Net Member
I've been playing NOX some years ago, in fact I completed it twice (always solo). This game is simply GREAT ! No comparison to D2 of course, since this game is now ageing, but if you want to make a short/medium break, this is a cheap alternative, very fun to play, beautiful to see. I strongly encourage you to try this game (try the Conjurer first, he's very powerful :lol: ) !

Leohappy

Diabloii.Net Member
Frosty_The_Snowman said:
I strongly encourage you to try this game (try the Conjurer first, he's very powerful :lol: ) !
IMO Fighter is better :p, Conjurer is too fragile.

Frosty_The_Snowman

Diabloii.Net Member
Leohappy said:
IMO Fighter is better :p, Conjurer is too fragile.
In fact, I've been playing the whole game fully with all three classes, including all secret passages that I've found myself by looking carefully to the map :lol: ! I was very surprised to see how different they are. What's more, the game scenario isn't the same for the different character classes :thumbsup: ! A feature that doesn't exist in D2 :thanks: ! Really, just give it a try, along with the other games mentionned.

Senor Bezeer

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm, this NOX game sounds kinda cool, maybe Ill have to give it a try. To tell you the truth Ive never even heard of it. Could someone give me the low down on what its all about? thx :)

Tao_of_Xero

Diabloii.Net Member
free mmorpgs

two I can suggest, one I can recommend. First is Muonline. Set up quite a bit like diablo.
Problems with this game:
1. It's hacked beyond belief.
2. Leveling once you get past level 50 or so (cap for Mu global is level 300 iirc) is a major grind.
3. Item drop rate is incredibly low, making it kind of difficult to be 'wealthy'

Upside:

The game looks cool, not only the characters, but the areas in the game as well as the monsters. As an added bonus, once you reach level 180 you get wings. The game was just updated, so some things have changed (new areas,skills,etc)

Game 2: Conquer online

Conquer is pretty much hack and slash with a bunch of random quests tossed in for fun. Decent looks, 5 different characters (well 4 to start with, a slightly different class is available at level 40) to choose from, relatively easy to get 'wealthy.' Unique market area and a training area where you can level up without using mana or losing weapon/item durability,etc.

Downside: Be prepared in the early to stages of playing to be pk'ed. A lot. By everyone.

I recommend Conquer over Mu. Both are free to play and Conquer is getting ready to upgrade to version 2.0, bringing a lot of changes with it.

jake007

Diabloii.Net Member
two I can suggest, one I can recommend. First is Muonline. Set up quite a bit like diablo.
Problems with this game:
1. It's hacked beyond belief.
2. Leveling once you get past level 50 or so (cap for Mu global is level 300 iirc) is a major grind.
3. Item drop rate is incredibly low, making it kind of difficult to be 'wealthy'

Upside:

The game looks cool, not only the characters, but the areas in the game as well as the monsters. As an added bonus, once you reach level 180 you get wings. The game was just updated, so some things have changed (new areas,skills,etc)
Yup, very cool game and it's sorta a full-mmorpg. Imagine diablo with 1000 players playing at one time on 1 server.

My level 9x character was jacked in the database hacking about a year and abit ago, along with many high levels. (lvl 2xx)

Only if they get the security issue sorted...