Lookin for a little help with a 59 PVP

AzaZaz

Diabloii.Net Member
Lookin for a little help with a 59 PVP

I want to appologize for the double post....but it was naive of me to post in the PVP forum and to think that I was gonna get the quick responses that I'd get from the sexy HC members.

So again, sorry for double post in advance:

Making a lvl 59 druid, already made actually. Going for creativity Secks Points and decided that i'd go fire/shockwave (no bear) and see how well I can pull it off.

Gear:
wpn - spirit
shield - lidless (not going for any block, and spirit is too high str req)
belt - gloom
gloves - magefist
boots - waterwalks
ammy - +2 ele/40 life/5 str
rings - (would like sojs)
armor - viper
helm - .....

So I maxed geddon, volcano, put points into lycan, have base oak, hopefully my +skills are enough to get shockwave high enough. I have decent FCR

my question is what helm should I use.

Right now I have a:

fire faceted/jalal's
or
+5 geddon/+6 volcano/ 2 open socket helm

the 2 open sockets are beautiful but the +6 volcano is actually kind of useless since i'm in bear form i cant use it anyways. but the +5 geddon is quite nice.

I'm wondering which I should use, since i gain +3 in geddon with this helm, but I lose +4 lycan/shockwave/bear and +2 in oak. So my life is taking a big hit. However, i can prebuff bear with jalas, so it will really only be my oak and my shockwave taking the hit.

So if I should use the +5 geddon 2 socket helm, should I fire facet it? would that increase my dmg enough to make it worth while, more so then maybe 2 rubies giving me +76 life which after oak and bear is quite a big boost. Or would the -res and % of the 2 facets be an equal boost to my dmg?

As well what kind of dmg should I be looking for at lvl 59. I estimate after collecting my ele charms, I will probably have somewhere in the ballpark of 4.5k-5k geddon.

Any recommendations on gear is appreciated, suggestions on skills (even though they're already distributed I'd like to know where I went wrong if I did), help with the helm, and maybe ideal life/dmg.

Also note that this is hardcore ladder pvp

thanks in advance

Cheers

PawnOfChaos

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm curious as to how you think the geddon will kill in hc. Even if you manage to stun someone and let your geddon hit em, fire res will likely be maxed for them, you won't be doing damage fast enough to EVER compete with juving. Either they can't reach you and save-exit/chicken or they do, in which case they'll open up a can on someone with that caster gear.

I know ele charms used to be expensive, i'm curious as to how this build could compete with say, a windy of the same lvl using those charms, the multi-hit properties of nades would be sorely missed by someone who just tried stunning and letting rather weak fire damage kill for them.

This is why fire trappers don't work that well in hc dueling. You can mb someone all you want but the damage just won't kill anyone who can hit the escape key.

Also, I suppose rather key to this build, is the question of how often geddon hits? I have no clue to this, that would surely be big in determining its effectiveness.

Jeff

AzaZaz

Diabloii.Net Member
PawnOfChaos said:
I'm curious as to how you think the geddon will kill in hc. Even if you manage to stun someone and let your geddon hit em, fire res will likely be maxed for them, you won't be doing damage fast enough to EVER compete with juving. Either they can't reach you and save-exit/chicken or they do, in which case they'll open up a can on someone with that caster gear.

I know ele charms used to be expensive, i'm curious as to how this build could compete with say, a windy of the same lvl using those charms, the multi-hit properties of nades would be sorely missed by someone who just tried stunning and letting rather weak fire damage kill for them.

This is why fire trappers don't work that well in hc dueling. You can mb someone all you want but the damage just won't kill anyone who can hit the escape key.

Also, I suppose rather key to this build, is the question of how often geddon hits? I have no clue to this, that would surely be big in determining its effectiveness.

Jeff
guess you'll just have to wait and see ;)

once its done it'll pull approx 800 pvp before -res from fire facets.

and the purpose wasnt to find the most efficient 59 char i could have or to make another standard cookie cutter. It was to do something others cant, and no i dont expect it to dominate everyone but I plan on putting up a fight, of course dueling isnt 100% gear dependant.

PawnOfChaos

Diabloii.Net Member
800 pvp? Bah. All you fire druids are JEALOUS of us amer... erm, windies.

Seriously, Jeff wants calculations, is that based on zero/negative res? If not, you surely realize that sorcs/zons/sins/pallies/necros can be killed... would be a genius build :)

Jeff

AzaZaz

Diabloii.Net Member
PawnOfChaos said:
800 pvp? Bah. All you fire druids are JEALOUS of us amer... erm, windies.

Seriously, Jeff wants calculations, is that based on zero/negative res? If not, you surely realize that sorcs/zons/sins/pallies/necros can be killed... would be a genius build :)

Jeff

all honesty, the calculations i have no care for :)

its based on me testing my current dmg against one of my chars, taking 400 pvp. And doing the basic calculations, after %additions for some gear and +skills from other I should nearly double my dmg. Thats all that is.