Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Longtime D2 fan returning

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Skateday, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Skateday

Skateday Diabloii.Net Member

Longtime D2 fan returning

So I've decided to start playing again after several years on vacation from this game. I played for several years prior to quitting, so I know most of what I need to know already.
    I was wondering what server I should start again on? Which is more populated/ more fun to play on? How is pvp now? Is there still tons of hackers?
    Also, if anyone could provide assistance with gear/powerrushing it would be GREATLY appreciated. A few of my friends are also interested in starting again, given they can get rushed through. We will offer all drops from rushes, including forges.
    I am planning on starting with a sorc so I can mf, but if anyone is kind enough to help me out with hammerdin gear I would forever be in your debt. I'd prefer starting with a hammerdin so I can MF, and rush other characters for myself and friends as legit rushing is hard to find(or atleast it was when I used to play). I'd hate to struggle for months just trying to level and gear one character. I want to start pvping ASAP since my friends and myself were BIGTIME pvpers.
    I just reinstalled/ updated my LOD and just seeing the loading screen and login screen has gotten me excited. I'm ready to play.
    THANKS!

2 side notes:
    I posted a similar thread on a different D2 forum. I'm not trolling for free gear, I legitimately need help starting over. I was trying to get this infront of as many eyes as possible.
    Also, I apologize if I posted this in the wrong section. I'm not necessarily a new player. I still recall playing d2 when I was in 7th grade. I'm now 21, lol.

2. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Longtime D2 fan returning

USEast and Europe are probably the more active realms.
    PvP is the same as always, and as always, a lot of botters.

No begging for free gear, no matter how great and articulate you pass yourself off as. It's just not really appreciated, although I'm sure some people (myself included) wouldn't mind helping you out with some starting stuff. Just try not to make it sound like, "hey I would love to play the game, but not ~90% of it, so help a broheim out."
    Also, there's not a lot of hammerdin love on this forum.

3. Skateday

I've already created a character on US east. I assumed that was the safest bet.
    And the bots are twice as bad as they were when I used to play.
    I wasn't trying to make myself sound great, lol. Nor do I like hammerdins either. I just use them for rushing and mfing. Trying to get a free hammerdin setup was worth the try. I recall playing endlessly and getting next to nowhere until I got my first enigma. Then I quickly made a hammerdin, and was able to create and gear several characters reasonably fast.

Buuuut, if someone is willing to powerrush my sorc all the way through tonight I'd be very grateful. If I could do that I probably won't even need help with gear, I could mf some of my own. Like I mentioned, you can keep all the drops and HRs.

4. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle Diabloii.Net Member

5. butchie

butchie Diabloii.Net Member

Now matter how nicely you try to put it, it's still begging for items, which is not allowed on this forum.

I'd suggest you and your friends play through the game once to see what has changed in d2 since you played it last time. If you put good party together it wont take more than few hours and you'll end up getting enough gear to get you mf started.

6. Valhauros

Valhauros Diabloii.Net Member

What's with some players and their ridiculous lack of effort? Geez, I remember when people actually played through the game in order to improve, without asking for items nor rushing... I guess those days are long over? And come on, the Hammerdin is by far the most broken class and spec combination in the game. How trying something like a Meleemancer, for a change?

7. Skateday

:whistling:

Begging ftw.
    Gunna be in ur gamez, griefin ur manz soon.

8. Gorny

Gorny Banned

We have a seperate thread as Turbulentturtle pointed out, as well as a whoel forum dedicated to requests for help.

Please use either of them.