Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Long wait, but...

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by ESVAburnout, Jul 30, 2010.

1. ESVAburnout

ESVAburnout Banned

Long wait, but...

How many people plan on going to the midnight launch and getting on around 12:30 A.M. and playing through the night and day until about 8 the next night? I'm in excellent shape but I'm a huge Diablo fan so I will be at a midnight launch assuming they have one. Kind of excites me to think about running around the game as a Monk, not knowing where to place skills or anything, not knowing what the hell to do and all. Depending on the length might even complete the game that first 24hrs and I guess the only thing to do next is to find items and submit them.

2. Apocalypse

Apocalypse IncGamers Member

Re: Long wait, but...

without a doubt i will be at the midnight sale and i will not be going to work the rest of the week so i hope the game is as good as i hope for. i will be home running around like an idiot with my wizard (unless they give me good news about my bow class) trying my best to kill what i can before i start over and do it better. i plan to get there early also so i will be one of the first people out of the store

3. ThomasJ

ThomasJ IncGamers Member

Midnight release ? Ofcourse I'm there!

4. Slevinn

Slevinn IncGamers Member

Irrelevant randomness? lol ftw.

Why would you need to start over? Aren't they planning on allowing you to re-spec?

As for me, I live in a very rural area.. Won't have any midnight launches around here.. But probably about an hour north of my place.. So yes, I will probably try and make it to the midnight laaaunnnccchhh :D

5. Apocalypse

even with respec i will still remake characters at first and probably have multiples later on. i just like having a lot of characters and if this is anything like D2 i will be playing for a long time. i dont give a damn about the ladder so the rush out of the gate has never been an interest to me

6. konfeta

konfeta IncGamers Member

Well, I can think of 2 reasons. One, some people might want to play single-player to avoid the initial release lag and server crashing to fully enjoy the freshness of the game, and two, there is hope that Blizzard succeeds in making early levels fun enough to actually replay them for sake of trying a different build.

7. ESVAburnout

ESVAburnout Banned

Just wanted to make it to the lurkers here that it is indeed okay to play Diablo :thumbup:.

8. Zeek

Zeek IncGamers Member

Midnight launch just seems nerdy to me. I'll probably go the early digital download route and then activate it and play for a day straight. I plan on taking a vacation day for D3 :thumbup:

9. Slevinn

Slevinn IncGamers Member

Both very valid responses. I guess I misunderstood the way he said it. When he said "Do it better" it made it sound as though he would make mistakes in his build and would have to correct them by re-making his character.

Eh, midnight launches are slightly nerdy, but people go to midnight launches all the time. Think about all of the girls in this world that went to all of the Twilight midnight launches. That's nerdy, but no one cares.

10. djfriesen

djfriesen IncGamers Member

the contradiction here makes me *chuckle*

11. Apocalypse

one could argue the entire D3 scene is nerdy. people following a game for 4-6 years on a forum dying for new info... does not sound very "cool" to me. however the point is who cares how it seems, if its fun or you enjoy it then do it. some of the best convos i have with complete strangers are at midnight launches lol

12. mince pies

mince pies IncGamers Member

Do people go to midnight launches to buy/see something before it runs out of stock or just to be the first to buy them? Because if it's the latter then I'll just buy it the following day so I'll be able to avoid the massive lag caused by everybody playing for the first time

13. Apocalypse

i go simply because i really want to get my hands on the game (whatever game it is at the time). several times i have brought a game home and the online was not even up yet but thats not a big deal cause single player is always lag free

14. Moonfrost

Moonfrost IncGamers Member

I like how he added "but I'm a huge Diablo fan" afterwards, as if being in shape and being a Diablo fan are somehow mutually exclusive. :p

15. mince pies

mince pies IncGamers Member

He'll be easy to recognise at the midnight launch as the only Diablo fan to be in shape :)

16. Putz

Putz IncGamers Member

I am planning on pulling an all nighter, try and survive work (if it's a week day) or call in sick.

Or ignore the better half entirely and play for a week straight.

17. Klonki

Klonki IncGamers Member

Even if it's at 12am, i will be outside the store to grab a copy. :) Just know the feeling that you own the game. Time to hurry up Blizzard, now when sc2 is released. The third exp for Wow on the agenda now?

18. Thecla

Thecla IncGamers Member

Well, like nudity, there's a difference between public and private nerdity. ;)

19. Apocalypse

lol putz, i actually have already informed my wife that she is back burnered for a week. told her that i will be taking the rest of the week off which should be tuesday through friday since pretty much all games launch on tuesday

20. Crumbling Pyramid

Crumbling Pyramid IncGamers Member

Personally, I'm gonna do my darndest to be at the now-obligatory midnight launch. True, it might seem nerdy as someone pointed out, but it's Diablo 3 for Gosh Sakes!! No other game really appeals to me at this point. I find myself thinking about playing D3 way too much already.

I don't believe everyone goes to midnight releases simply because they want to be the 1st to play a game - though it doesn't hurt. I just know myself, and I know I wouldn't be able to SLEEP the night of D3's midnight release: tossing and turning, thinking of some ingrate teen getting their mitts on the game before me...let alone logging on before me. You know what? Nevermind. It IS ABOUT GETTING THE GAME first. Especially Diablo.

Oh, and, I do believe I will take at least a weeks worth of paid vacation to play it. Just taking enough time to eat each day and perhaps shower. Sad, yes, but again, it's Diablo 3. I could give less of a damn about any other game right now. To put it in perspective, if my long-time girlfriend was to propose to me on the eve of D3's release, I would tell her we'd have to postpone it at least a week. I would put the ring back in the box and slide it back across the table. If the president of the U.S. invited me over for dinner and cigars the eve of D3's release, I would respectfully decline. If my townhouse caught fire on the eve of D3's release, I would forsake all of my possessions save for my PC, risking life and limb to drag it from the blazing inferno. I'd proceed to my friends house...plug in my pc, and play the game for a week and THEN call the fire/flood claims adjuster. If my father was sick and dying of cancer on the eve of D3's release....well....I would go see him in the hosipital and stay with him, of course, but I would be DARN tempted to bring a decent laptop with me and install D3 in the waiting room.

At this point, only death by dismemberment (knock on) would prevent me from being with my beloved diablo on release night.

The end.