lol, softcore is horrible...

Afro AmeriZON

Diabloii.Net Member
lol, softcore is horrible...

I haven't played d2 in a long time but I got a new computer about a month and a half ago, so I decided to throw d2 on there, just to have it on there, i really had no intention of playing. SO one day I decided to hop on good ol' b-net and make a char to mess around with.

Anyways, when I played before I was always HC and I had forgot that you need to go through SC first before you can use HC.

So I made a character, got bored of SC before cold plains and stopped playing and told myself i'd come back on before the 10 days is up, didn't and got char expired. Did it again, same thing happens, and again. They should just enable HC right from the get-go because now I don't want to play because SC sucks, there's no excitement whatsoever!

:D

Tao_of_Xero

Diabloii.Net Member
Y'know I used to have an incredible amount of wealth in SC, then one day I decided if I was going to be a HC player, I had to just get rid of all of that and play strictly HC. I managed to amass a sizeable amount of wealth in HC shortly thereafter and really enjoyed the fact that none of my characters had white-font names :D even so, the thrill of D2 left and I ended up letting all my hc chars expire a few months ago...such is life.

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
You can enable HC through the registry pretty easily.

You can download a SP char that has beaten normal Baal.

You can have someone with HC enabled to create an account for you.

Paddle

Diabloii.Net Member
PhatTrumpet said:

+you can hang around in public games and complete norm SC in about an hour, maybe less.

Afro AmeriZON

Diabloii.Net Member
Paddle said:
+you can hang around in public games and complete norm SC in about an hour, maybe less.
Nope, looked for those games...there were none. Everyone was leaving the games or no one ever joined.

Afro AmeriZON

Diabloii.Net Member
PhatTrumpet said:

How do you enable it through the registry?

Syd Barrett

Diabloii.Net Member
Send me a PM with acct name and password u want and I will create it and a hc char on there. after that you can make as many hc chars on there as you want to.

Syd

"Your right I dont have spades"
-John Malkovich (Rounders)

Cleglaw_Himself

Diabloii.Net Member
Afro AmeriZON said:
How do you enable it through the registry?
Goto Run.
Type: regedit
Then press enter.

Find Blizzard entertainment, then diablo.
You'll see an item called Allow Hardcore.

Doubleclick on it, and change the value from 0 to 1.
Save.
Should work.