Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

lol funness with bonemancer

Discussion in 'PvP' started by xxmunkyxx, Nov 12, 2006.

1. xxmunkyxx

xxmunkyxx IncGamers Member

lol funness with bonemancer

hahaha does anybody reckon here that there is any character that can even half match a bonemancer (its it is godly) in pvp?
    i dont think so.. ill state the reasons why.
    1. bonemancer does magic damage, you cannot magic sorb(far as i no) and there is no resistance to it.
    2. bonemancer built correctly can slow anybody down walking and attacking to as if they have no IAS.
    3. bonemancer built correctly can own ANY running char, (eg zon, assasin, barbarian, zealer, smiter, charger, ss druid etc..) since they can cast decrepify, use clay golem to slow opponents and bone prison.
    4. they can get VERY high FCR with the items they use.
    5. they hit about 4k with bone spear and about 4.5k with bone spirit wen godly (which considering is magic and will almost ALWAYS hit and do MAXIMUM damage is extremely good)
    6. they can choose wear to shoot there spells where as with some overly powerful pvp chars cant (eg. hdin and ele druid)
    7. when dueling casters u can cast lock bone spirit on them and as soon as they stop BAM they r dead!!! :)
    8. bonemancers r not very expensive, they kill quick and used correctly i believe to own anyone since the only chars that beat them fully are fohers, lite sorcs, cold sorcs n fire sorcs which can all b sorbed :)
    post a reply n tell me wot u think :p

2. Rabbitz

Rabbitz IncGamers Member

There is an whole brand of character specially designed to kill casters, and what do you know.. a boner is an caster :)

3. xxmunkyxx

yes but guess what, the chars that are designed to kill casters usually are casters them selves and amazons n guess what, i explained that they are no problem :)

4. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

Well...

First of all, the fact that you can outrun characters isn't always enough. Decrepify sure is useful, but people use enigma... For example, BvCs usually come with lots of life. If they teleport right next to you, no matter how much slower you made their walking, they still teleport at the same speed. When they land on you and start whirling, you are in big trouble.
    A whirling barb attacks you pretty fast even if decrepified, and every hit puts you into recovery, interrupting your attack.

As for the magic damage, hammerdins also do magic damage, only they do a lot more. They are harder to aim with if you are new to it, but believe me, some people are good at it. A hammer can also hit you more than just once. So when you run away (or teleport away) there is a risk you land into another hammer, and another, and another. 14k damage is a lot, and not many chars can tank 3-4 hammers.

High fcr means you can escape faster and attack faster, but keep in mind that there are other chars with high fcr. A winddruid can teleport at huge speed too, same with hammerdins, all sorcs, and what not...
    Necros are not alone with that advantage.

Bone spirits and bone spears do always hit if they come straight at the enemy. But all skills do that, you can't block a fireball either. Fireballs can come with 20k damage, which after resists come down to 5k.
    The problem is hitting.
    Bone spirits auto target, but they are awfully slow. Most chars can outrun them, and after a while they disappear. What you meant with "do maximum damage", I'm not sure. They do have a damage range just like any other skill...?
    Bone spears are just as easy to hit with as any other spell.
    If we compare to the druids tornado, the difference is that the tornado can hit more than once. Same goes for hammers.
    Spears can be used for long distance though, but since characters teleport, you can still get close and launch a wave of other spells.

Hammerdins and windys can chose where to aim their skills in another way, they need to teleport closer, thats the deal. Sure, as a necro, you can escape, but if you only escape, you can not attack. You need to stop in order to attack, and then they can catch you.

Locking spirits on casters isn't that useful, they teleport away. No big deal, spirits don't travel forever.

My point is not that bone necros are bad, because they aren't. They are good, but they are not the superior-one-that-noone-can-ever-kill.

The comment that "characters designed to kill casters usually are casters themselves" is somewhat right, at least in general.
    But when you said "I already explained they are no problem", I start to wonder. A 200fcr sorc would be all over the place when you duel it, and launching fireballs from every direction. I'd like to know if you try snipe it with your bonespear or if you lock bonespirits on it first. And if it really is that successful, since you'll go down yourself in 3-4-5 fireballs.

In addition to this, your bonespirits/spears will be down to less than 800 damage each after pvp penalty.

Counting on this, and also comparing to bvc's, you need to launch and hit about 5-6-7-8 bonespirits to kill a bvc. The problem is to launch all those with some big nasty barb spinning and hitting you constantly.

Btw, a little funny that you start the post by saying "there's virtually no char that can beat them", and then end by giving the exceptions to the first statements. And there are a few of those. :azn:

Gah, long post, hope you read it all. :tongue:

5. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

I don't see BvC's as casters. They can be pretty nasty.

Spirit shields will reduce Bone spells damage. As will Oath weapons. It's called Magic Absorb. It's very small, but it's still there. Your 4.5k BS, 750 after PvP penalty, will be reduced to 734 with a perfect (8) Mag.sorb Spirit user, it's a 2.13% damage reduction.

6. Flayed One

Flayed One IncGamers Member

There is magic resistance, but there is only one item in game that grant's it - safety crafted shield if I remember correctly... no that it's usefull, or anything...:tongue:

7. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

200 fcr es fb...? You'll always be slower? She tanks more? Does more damage?

8. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Guys, give it up... obviously a troll.

*Whips out his Trollbane flamethrower*

*********!! * ***** ** ** **** *** *!!! ** * ** *** * * *%*$**$**!!!*!

***? *!**!*&&$*!**!*#*&(!!!

9. De4dEyE

De4dEyE IncGamers Member

Yeah.. a terrible troll attempt.

10. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

Duel now, you crazy Necro.

11. bobofuzzlymunky

bobofuzzlymunky IncGamers Member

WEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! ME AND NYAX AMP'D A BONER AND SLOW MISSILED HIM!!! CUTE LITTLE SPIRITS!

12. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

With all seriousness, there are not many ways a Necro can, without ungodly resist and sorb gear, beat a god Javazon. LF multiplies off the BPs, so using BP is pretty much a terrible idea. It let's the Zon basically auto-hit you. If you are mean, they will probably use SM, which pretty much takes you out of the long-range battle and forces you to pretty much tele ONTO them, at which point they switch to CS and rip your insides out and string them up near Akara's tent. If you sorb, yah...but a good Javazon will have...idk, where's Tinn when you need him. -50% or so Lit Res? And even with 85% res, you'll still get eaten. You'd need like, 95% res and Blackhorns and TGods to be able to live through mass CSs, which is what you'd probably need...

13. bobofuzzlymunky

bobofuzzlymunky IncGamers Member

-20% griffs
    -20%armor (4x 5-5 facet)
    -20% shield
    -15% (those lightning javs... rofl cant remember)

boom.

not even 95res/tgods/blackhorns/2x wisps could save you. (wait... i lied, it could but good luck achieveing that on a necro. that would also lower your spears to what? 2k? maybe 3?

14. jsyou

jsyou Banned

160 light resist shield 10x light resist scs tgods ort kiras wizardspike with res jewel,
    thats enough to counter conviction even if the necro have like 3k spirits spear you will still die after 6 or 7,while you cant even hurt the necro if he decides to completely absorb you.

15. Here For Skulls

Here For Skulls Banned

the only sorb you mentioned is the straight 20 sorb from tgods.

There is no need to sorb fohers, or even outstack their conviction.

But if you want to hear them cry, or just feel like standing still and watching them not do much dmg to you, stacking works just fine.

16. xxmunkyxx

ok first off with the whole hdin being good n all... each hammer can only hit you once, and most hdins teleport around a circle around you casting hammers now with a good bonemancer u can have 3k hp WITH bo and if you have magic sorb which from ppl saying dus less damage n with the hell thing were damage is reduced and if they are teleporting around in circles the bone spirits are going to catch you lol and as soon as 1 dus hit u ur gone, now with barbarians lol they do not under any circumstance stand a chance against any bonemancer.. wanna no y? IRON MAIDEN THEN BONE PRISON or if they attack your clay golem, you cant life leech from bones or a clay golem lol so they r screwd thru that, yes a wind druid can beat them BUT they wuld have 2 catch you first and in order from fastest casters to slowest is goes sorc, barb, bonemancer, pali, WIND DRUID etc. etc.
    now as for fb sorcs, lol my personal fire resis is 80 so thats 80% damage reduce in hell + hell damage reduce+ if u get a fire sorb item there u go thats like 1k fb if that n a sorc that has 200% fcr will not do high damage in hell because they will b concentrating on gettin fcr up.
    zons with slow missle, yes that dus work but zonz being the slowest of all the casters have to catch a bonemancer teleporting around like a nut case and if they cast the spell (them being so slow 2 cast and all) they can alrdy b dead.

did i leave anything out? :laugh:

hehehe looking 4ward to more replys

17. xxmunkyxx

o and java with java zons, yeh sure if they can HIT you they can kill you lol but unless they have extremely good aim they lose straight out since 4 1 they r a zon lol and 2 light damage is sorbed and resisted easily, my mates lite sorc dus 67k lite damage n wen my barb with tgods and max lite resis on owned him everytime since i sorbed his lite damage...

18. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

munky, note that although you go about low fb sorc's dmg, good ones will almost negate your spears/spirits.

Palys/Necs have the same bp's afaik.

19. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

For your information, there is something called pvp penalty, meaning your attacks only do 1/6th of the damage to other players. I'm not sure how you think one spirit will kill a hammerdin, since a 3k spirit does 500 damage in pvp. Most hammerdins do really have more than 500 hp.

Your problem is, that if your spirits should have a chance locking on to the hammerdin, you need to be close enough to him. When you are close enough, he'll teleport right on you and put hammers in your belly. When that happens, there is no chance at all that you will be able to tank it, and when you teleport away you also need to look out for hammerfields.

A 12k hammer (not very unusual in pvp?) does 2k damage to you. A necromancer might have more than 2k hp with bo, but at least you sure don't have enough to tank 2 hammers.

Summing up: He needs 1-2 hits, you need 4+. You need to be at least a little close, and that invites him to attack. (Unless you prefer sniping from one screen away with bone spear, but that sure is possible to dodge)
    As the hammerdin does pure magical damage, there is no chance for you to negate it with resists/block/bonearmor either.

And hey, firesorcs with 200fcr do get high damage. A fb sorc with only skillers+torch+anni would deliver 10k fireballs. That is ~333 damage after resists and pvp penalty. Getting an additional +5 to all skills is very easy, and would increase the damage by almost 50%, that is ~500 damage.
    Now, how many fireballs can your necro tank? I'd say 5 at most. Now, they come fast. How do you do?
    Also, I see not many problems for the sorc to reach an additional +5 skills...

20. xxmunkyxx

ok 1st off, hdins r **** duelers and there is a thing called cast lock, any smart pvper knows that so there goes ur "you need to be close 2 hdin to attack" thoery, 2ndly u 4 got about fire resistance AND firesorb, i culd jsut use rising sun ammy n there is like 40 fire sorc off that straight away. so there goes fb sorc and so far every hdin i duel i nail quite easy :) cos all they do is tele around u and try 2 hammer u but i hate 2 tell u but i can teleport faster then a paladin SINCE necros have a HIGHER BASE fcr then palidins, i double cast almost every single time i cast n hdins do it wot once every 6 hammers? so there goes that theory. and since i can cast so fast n if spirit dus only 500 damage well wtf r u gonna do wen u have 10 spirits after you? cos im pretty sure even a hdin culd tank that :flip:
    ne more takers?