Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

lol: A List of LAUGHABLY STUPID blunders

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Cerebron, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Cerebron

Cerebron IncGamers Member

lol: A List of LAUGHABLY STUPID blunders

Many people complained that there are no new threads in this forum. People (including myself) keep spamming this site with MF problems, build evaluation......

This thread is supposed to be brand-new.

I was muling my stuff in a private game. My inventory was full so I dropped a summoning GC on the ground. I forgot to pick it up and it became a charity to the b.net.

I told this story to a party member in the next game. He told me it's not a big deal. I asked why. He said,

"i know a guy who has put enigma in the wrong order. he's still wearing the armor to get the mods from each rune."

I almost choked to death.

You want to share some stories like this?

2. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

Well it's not as bad as the Enigma guy, but I've blown countless runes mixing up Amn el ith tir sol//Amn el tir ith sol for Honor. So now every time I make I runeword I check the Summit, then II.net, then the summit again befor I make

3. UserMathias

UserMathias IncGamers Member

ouch.. that actually hurts

... :lol:

4. grogthecaveman

grogthecaveman IncGamers Member

i've made some blunders while muling. my favorites are going into a new game, dropping a whole inventory, and then exiting. then i try to join the game witha a mule and it doesn't exist. *smacks forehead* the worst i've lost by doing this is frosties

5. the_tree

the_tree IncGamers Member

There should be some sort of warning put up before posts like this. That could be dangerous. I'll be laughing about that for awhile, admitedly, there is a slight histerical tinge to the laughter.

I pulled a real boner when I finally found a lightsabre for trade, I was so excited that I didn't pay much attention to the stats. It's low grade across the board. Only 150% ed, lvl 14 cl, etc. To say the least it's basically worthless, does almost no damage. I traded a Stone Crusher for it. :hanky: .

6. JCX

JCX IncGamers Member

I am a self-muler and one time I was trying to transfer a perfect Lightning Facet to trade. At this point I was of the opinion that the faster I get in and out of the game with the mules, the better. Well if you join, exit, change chars, join, exit, change chars B net thinks you're a bot and locks you out. Well sure enough I locked myself out and my facet was eaten by the rougue encampment.

It was an expensive lesson, but it's served me well.

For sheer looking stupid this is probably the worst. I usually hotkey F1 to Dim Vision. Well for some reason I had changed it to life tap. Then I joined a Hel baal run and tp'ed to the throne. I large gang of black souls were there and instead of DVing them I Life Tapped them. The room full of dead soricies luckily didn't notice my faux-pas.

7. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

I stopped playing and all my stuff vanished, including two .08 visceratuants

8. Kn1ves

Kn1ves IncGamers Member

one time i tried to personalize an ear...

9. Sigus

Sigus IncGamers Member

I was muling an enigma and no friends on-line. Chose a public game over 5 mins with 3 players in. I dropped hidded in Act2 and left the game. I then realise I didnt look at the game name... I could have vomited. :rant: :rant: :rant:

10. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

I've done that before! Not with an enigma, but other precious 1.09 items... made me so mad, but taught me a valuable lesson nonetheless.

--fatty

11. Sigus

Sigus IncGamers Member

Also letting my bro way back (ie 1.08 or maybe pre) play my account. He beleived a duper and got corspe popped. I could have cried. :rant:

12. memememe173

But instead you hung him from a flagpole by his undies

13. TheKbob

TheKbob IncGamers Member

Worst thing:

Trader: Hey I need your Chains of Honor and I offer *good deal for it*

I thought nothing wrong and I was full where the chains was for his offer so I transed it in act 2, but I KNOW the game name, but the guy was just an ***, left the game and let it die and eat my Chains... now that isn't enough to cry... :rant: :scratch:

~Kbob

14. tl998

tl998 Banned

You know, I hink I'm gonna make a char named Bodiccea on USWest and make a Spearazon :lol:

15. Imconfused123

Imconfused123 IncGamers Member

i finally found my first stormshield ever! but my sorc died!(i play hc ladder)

fortunately i got that monarch muled the game before i was soooo happy :lol:

so i wanted to make another sorc again so i can mf... but i had no gear... so i traded my stormshield and got: a baba; skullders; silkweave boots; soj; ravenfrost. :thumbsup:

I THOUGHT IT WAS A GREAT DEAL... but since it was so many items i had no room in any of my any of my exisiting mules, so i made a new char.

i had all those items and was happy... then all of a sudden im like "hey i'll start my new char now" but making that last mule filled up all the slots in my account name... i looked at my last mule (the one with all the items in it) and said hey i never use this mule lets delete it... :idea:

i clicked on delete, and right when i clicked ok, i realized it had the all the items on it...

ive lost many +80clvl chars during my time playing hardcore... and this was the first time i ever screamed because of this game

god damnit... :rant:

16. Invictus_prime

Invictus_prime IncGamers Member

I've lost 3 hardcore characters so far to hitting the Function keys F1-F4 instead of the number keys. So instead of getting a full rejuv, I got squat. Lost Gull and 2 Nagels this morning...stupid F4!

17. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Just redefine your hot keys. Putting belt slot number four on space has saved my pale behind a number of times.

18. patheticloser

patheticloser IncGamers Member

Here is a fix for you, go to www.belkin.com and get either the N50 or N52 speedpad. I got my pots programmed on the thumb toggle. Works great, except when I get trigger happy and drink a full belt of pots.

19. toolthegod

toolthegod IncGamers Member

What about the Hoto runeword put into a 4 socket scourge? :flip:
    I see them all the time. when I ask why, I hear, "it's worth more." :fish:

20. memememe173

I'd make an eth HotO if it didn't have charges

Traded a pgem for an Eth Dark Clan Shrusher for my Summoner Druid, but it dosn't look any different on the pally who did the trading, so I'm hoping it will on the Druid

Style>damage>all