Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Logging in the same acct twice?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by I-bring-realm-down, Sep 27, 2006.

1. I-bring-realm-down

I-bring-realm-down Banned

Logging in the same acct twice?

I have 2 copies of diablo 2. When I log in my account and make a game, I am able to log in again under the same account on another computer. So for example, my one account is *mcardle. I am able to log in the same account on my other comp. I actually was able to log onto the SAME CHARACTER as well! What gives?

2. sic_of_it_all

sic_of_it_all IncGamers Member

yes you log onto the same character but the can not make games or join games.

but i think it is strange beceause i can't log in with the same characters. it's weird :undecided:

just my brainspin

3. I-bring-realm-down

I-bring-realm-down Banned

yeah it is odd, but when I tried to join the same game, I got connection lost on my other comp. It is cool though cause I can mule from the same account :)

4. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

I've had 2 copies of d2/LOD on 2 different computers for years. You can have the same character in the chat on one computer and in a game on another computer. But you can't have the same character in the same place (chat or in game) on both computers. Be careful because both machines may be operating off the same IP address. In that case you're twice as likely to get a temp IP ban if you're entering and exiting games "quickly" on both machines.:undecided:

5. Zukarius

Zukarius IncGamers Member

Having two pcs and two copies of D2 and LOD is the only way to go for transferring items. No need to worry about items disappearing and having to be in a game for x number of minutes.

I do find that I get lost connection a lot, especially if I am say baaling two characters from the same account. What I have learned to do is exit the game one at a time. Make the new game and just as I have pressed "create", then I exit the old game and type like mad to get into the new game.

6. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

You can log on freely with two characters from the same account, enter games, even the same game, but you can't be in the channels or in the lobby with both at the same time. That means you have to coordinate the whole a little.

You can even log in twice with the same character, but #1 has to be in the lobby/channels while #2 is in a game and there isn't really a point in doing that.

7. sic_of_it_all

sic_of_it_all IncGamers Member

is this true? weird. so if i got my hammerdin and his twin (second cdkey, same character) in the same game. so the are in the same game. what happens when you transfer items from hammerdin 2 his twin and log out hammerdin and then log out his twin. will the twin have the items? if this is true i see this as duping. or am i wrong :undecided:

ppfff weird

8. peleluvs

peleluvs IncGamers Member

I don't know about this, if i go into the same game with two chars from the same account on diff comps i get lost connection to bnet after a minute or two every time. (may be a NAT/router thing though)

9. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

You're mistaken. What krischan meant was that you can have two *different* chars from the same account go into the same game. If you try to go into the same game with the same char, the second one would get a failed to join game message (ie. you enter a game with hammerdin A, and you get a second copy to try to enter the same/different game with the same hammerdin A, the game will give the second instance the failed to join game message since the hammerdin in the first instance is already reported to be in a game).