Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Loads Of questions!

Discussion in 'Classic' started by grShaman, Jun 14, 2005.

1. grShaman

grShaman IncGamers Member

Loads Of questions!

Hi there! I'm new in the forums, although diabloii.net is my all-time favorite site...

I have a lot of questions guys, and i would appreciate your help...

1.If i have a shield with a 45% chance to block, can that chance be raised by high dexterity?
    2.What is the max MF i can get and with which items?
    3.What are the best items i can get for a hammerdin?
    4.Suppose i am lvl 1. If i get a good enchant and can easily kill cows, will i get any exp?
    5.From what lvl can i begin hell cs and flayruns?
    6.What are the best items (unique or set) for lvl 1-3?
    7.Where does Gull drop more often?

That's all folks... Plz help!

2. Murrogh

Murrogh IncGamers Member

1. no
    2. 2x 40 mf rings, goldwrap, 40chance guards, tancreds boots and ammy, gull for wep, milabregas shield(gull on baba), 3 ptopaz helm. total 420, 500 on baba.
    3. oahaah. now ur asking. enogh ressits for gear to keep all of them at 75% in hell w/ lots of stats so you can do all points into life and +life if u can get it. and some fcr.
    4. yes you can kill cows but they will also kill you. and you wont get very good exp.
    5 you can start leeching at lvl 1. but killing hmm. with a hammeradin and bilz around 50-60 depending on gear.
    6. I like bezerkenrs set and arctic.
    7. norm andarial drops pretty good. I used a holy fire pally w/ hight mf to look for em.

3. Locke07

Locke07 IncGamers Member

7) ATMA says cold crow has the best chance of dropping them and I would agree. First time killed her I droped one, but I did have over 300 mf. Never got another one though.

for mf I use tancs armor and ammy(78), then find a pair of mf boots(25), 40mf rings(80), perf gwrap(30), Perf chancies (40), milebreagas(20), and gull(100), 3 perf topaz helm. total is 437

4. stanzaman

stanzaman IncGamers Member

That's basically the highest you can achieve in classic (barb can dual wield Gulls for an extra 80%). Otherwise, the only way to get more MF is to find some old school pre-1.08 rare boots that can have up to 34% magic find on them (good luck!).

5. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

For #4: I tried this kind of thing once. While the damage may be sufficient for killing cows, the factor that I forgot about was AR. You won't normally have enough of a chance to hit the cows, enchant or no enchant.

6. grShaman

One more question... Which auras raise my blessed hammers' damage?

7. PetePizza

PetePizza IncGamers Member

I think only Concentration.

8. Fearlessone

Fearlessone IncGamers Member

Yeah, thats it, although I've heard here and on the field that fanaticism raises damage on ur char screen, but its a bug. In some ways, its good that fan doesnt work with conc anymore (it used to pre 1.10!, u could use either...) Can u imagine the damage pallys would do if it did work? Fan works in a party by adding only 50% of the damage bonus, but u still get all of the ar and ias.

There are no curses to raise magic damage, which is what bh is. Strange then that it works with a physical damage aura like conc...

9. grShaman

One more question... Best bow for ama?

10. sardoniclysane

sardoniclysane Banned

Ias wouldn't effect bh speed however, as bh is a spell.

11. sardoniclysane

sardoniclysane Banned

Godly goth (150++ed, 20 ias, -20 req if you can get that as well)

Bow's are kind of hard to have back here...I don't see many bowazons running around anymore.

If you wan't a lld bow, just make a 6 p emerald bow, then use either clegs gloves or howltusk for the knockback (pref howltusk, so you can use deaths sash and gloves for the ias, and then throw twich on there for that as well)

Then pump guided arrow, and go have fun in a lld game.

12. grShaman

Maybe it's an idiot question, but what is lld?

13. sardoniclysane

sardoniclysane Banned

Low level duels.

It's about the only reason I would make a bowazon back on classic. They are rather underpowered.

14. fredsta54

fredsta54 IncGamers Member

thats not really the best bow. i personally prefer a 20ias 100+ dmg rune bow for a frame faster attack, and thats only for physical damage zons.

On a FA zon nothing comes close to a perf wizendraw (20 ias -35% enemies cr, cold resist and mana)

On a fire amazon i think rouges bow would be the top choice, or a 20 ias +2 zon bow with resists and such.

Of course those are only amazon bows, imo, a paladin ranger is much more effective at PvM classic.

Fred

15. sardoniclysane

sardoniclysane Banned

Using the lower end bows you will do no where near enough damage. I thought about bringing in the rune, but the likely hood of getting 100+ and 20 ias is rather low.

While 120+ goths with ias spawn on a rather often basis.

16. SwampBox

SwampBox IncGamers Member

I have a lvl 89 Guided-Zon on USEAST rank #7 or #8 it might have changed by now though. Anyway- 140 Gothic IAS and it still isn't even that good. Dont go BowZons, they suck.

17. grShaman

Well, i wanna make a Bowzon, i dont care about their power! Can u tell me the best skills and what should i max? Shall i max strafe?

18. stanzaman

stanzaman IncGamers Member

My experience with 1.10 (physical damage, PvM) Bowazons is that strafe is the only skill you have with any real killing power. So yeah, max that. I don't think it's even worth putting points into guided. Getting multishot up there might be worthwhile too, but I have found it's hard to keep the mana ball full with MS, making it not too useful either. Otherwise, I guess get critical strike high too, perhaps penetrate. You should probably put points into Valk cause you'll need her.

19. PetePizza

PetePizza IncGamers Member

Never seen a Ranger before, what's that build look like? Which auras work with a bow?