Loading old characters

Brown Recluse

Diabloii.Net Member
Loading old characters

Hey ya'll.
I started playing Diablo II exp after a few years of not playing. I had to reinstall it onto my comp, but i had my characters saved onto a cd. How do I continue with them. I tried sticking them into the save folder in the Diablo folder,but nothing happened.
Any ideas?
Thanks ya'll

omgwtfbbqpwned

Diabloii.Net Member
Make the characters using the Create New Character function using the same names, and then override the files like you've done. Welcome to the forums.

Cattleya

Diabloii.Net Member
The characters will only show up on the character screen if they are from the current patch or earlier. So, if your characters are from 1.09 and you installed 1.07, you characters won't appear until you patch to at least 1.09.

Also, make sure that your characters are not read only. Sometimes tey become read only when they are copied from a CD.

Brown Recluse

Diabloii.Net Member
ok then. New problem.
I dont know how the firewall on my parents comp works. I'm setting this up for my sister.
So how do I download the latest patches without going onto battlenet?
and where do I save them?
Probably a simple answer tat I should know, but I'm on pain killers, so not at 100% here. This is how I feel, :jig: :flip: and :drunk: all at once. Damn wisdom teeth.

Hp_Sauce

Diabloii.Net Member
ok then. New problem.
I dont know how the firewall on my parents comp works. I'm setting this up for my sister.
So how do I download the latest patches without going onto battlenet?
and where do I save them?
Probably a simple answer tat I should know, but I'm on pain killers, so not at 100% here. This is how I feel, and all at once. Damn wisdom teeth.
http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=mdt0387p

-hps