Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lo! Equip Up Time!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Shaila, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Shaila

Shaila IncGamers Member

Lo! Equip Up Time!

Hello,

I've been reading the forums for a couple of years now, and a month ago I decided to take the big step into Single Player Legit Dupe/Bots-Free healthy environment :nod:

I've been running lower kurast like a madman and in a week I have found a Sur, Gul, Um and finally... a Lo!! I can't believe it, I had never found a high rune myself.

This Lo has a really exciting future, which is Fort or Grief.

I regulary swap equips within my chars for casual playing, this meaning that whichever rw I make will be used by:

- A WW Barb, for Trav runs
    - Wolfie! (fury/rabies)
    - Strafe/FA Zon (if made Fort)

Barb and wolf dude currently using 2H stuff

Bear in mind I can also make: Duress, Treachery and have twitchthroe (spelling?) as armor posibilities

Question is, which one would you make? I'd really need some help here, too many variables :crazyeyes:

Cheers,

2. Virtue

Virtue IncGamers Member

Re: Lo! Equip Up Time!

Welcome welcome, well the grief/fort battle will never be won. I personally went the fort route first because of my barb/morons.. but if you're going to be doing a lot of trav running you may make the fort back quicker. It's a personal choice on that one.

BTW: Twitch is my favourite armor in the game, the moment we were able to upgrade a few patches back I was in my glory.

3. ReadyTorches

ReadyTorches IncGamers Member

Well I good fort is in order I believe because it would over all benefit you the most Barb can use it, fury can, good merc armor. The builds you have seem to be higher strength users, you could go with a Ap, Kraken, or Lacquered; most will probably say Ap though.

Anyways good luck hunting for the weapon/armor you choose to make.

4. Hammy

Hammy IncGamers Member

Huge grats on the Lo!

Without a little more info, it's hard to say... Do you have any other high-end runeword weapons (Oath, Death, etc)? What is your most-played class?

Personally, I would make the Fort first UNLESS you are a huge Barb/Paladin player lacking any good weapons, then the Grief will change your life. Keep in mind though, that Grief takes a Mal too, and if you have a Mal and a Lo, you can make a Fort AND an Oath, which will likely outperform a Grief and any other armor.

In the end, it's not a life and death decision. If you play long enough, another Lo will certainly drop.

-Hammy

5. ReadyTorches

Yeah my druids rockin a eth oath glorious axe.

6. Fabian

Fabian IncGamers Member

I disagree, and would direct your attention to this post in the huge Travincal WW Barb thread. To summarize, under these specific circumstances, Oath (average roll) does 6025 damage when wearing Fortitude; Grief PB (average roll) does 7806 damage when wearing no armor at all. There are more comparisons you can look at in the post, but that's the most relevant one for this.

If you like your Travincal Barb, I think you should make Grief and not think twice about it. Fortitude definitely is more versatile though.

7. Shaila

Shaila IncGamers Member

Decided to make Grief!
    I'm playing the barb the most at the moment, to get some more of those needed runes.
    Too bad I'll be missing the 50% cb from windhammer tho

Do off-hand weaps matter in WW ias breakpoints? Can't remember...
    However, if they don't, I'm thinking that if I manage to get a Vex I could make Death, in a high damage eth base... 50% cb is most certainly nice.

Thanks,

8. Fabian

Fabian IncGamers Member

All that matters for WW is the IAS on the weapon itself. A Grief PB will always hit the last WW Breakpoint, and Death will never hit the last breakpoint no matter what the base. Oath will always hit the last breakpoint, no matter what the base. For this reason, Oath is a more popular (and better, imo) weapon for a Whirlwinder than Death.

9. Hammy

Hammy IncGamers Member

Bah, I've been contradicted by numbers...

That'll teach me to open my mouth before my calculator.

I will say that I had much a better experience with Death than Oath though, for what that's worth. I subscribe to a little different school of thought than most of the Barb community, but that's neither here nor there.

One note though, Oath Decapitators and Glorious Axes don't hit the last breakpoint, but any sword base will.

-Hammy

10. ReadyTorches

Oath misses the last bp for werewolf by 2 ias, but a ebotd great poleaxe makes it clean. And Hammy numbers while proving one better then the other doesn't mean anything, just be proud you can do it just as easy with less.

11. Shaila

Shaila IncGamers Member

Okay, decided to set aside the wolfie for a while, to get some more runes with the barb
    Mmm, if that last bp really outweights the mods on Death I guess I gotta start searching for another Mal,

Tempted by Silence too, but lacking those Vex and Ist atm.

Cheers

12. ReadyTorches

I would stay away from silence because while 75 all res, fhr, and blind are cool it is lacking in the power category. It always gets 160% ed no matter what so a zerk axe maxes at 213. really not really worth it.

13. Fabian

Fabian IncGamers Member

Yeah Silence is no good, comparatively. Oath and Death are both fantastic melee weapons, Silence not so much.