Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

LLD questions...

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Mt Dew, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Mt Dew

Mt Dew Banned

LLD questions...

I'm getting a little, for lack of words, bored with D2. I just started again but its just the same old thing over and over. I heard about LLDers when I first came back but just now thought about building one.

1)What lvl is it? 29 or 30? (I'm USEast SC-L)

2)How many skills do you have, see above for base, with Normal/Nightmare/Hell skill quests completed as well.

3)Build suggestions...

Thanks,
    -Mt. Dew

2. jmsplat

jmsplat IncGamers Member

There are different categories of LLD- VLLD= lvl 9, MLLD= lvl 18, and HLLD= lvl 30. If you get bug rushed, you'll have 41 skills at level 30. As for builds, there are a myriad do a google search there is a site devoted to LLD

3. Mt Dew

Mt Dew Banned

I'm looking at building something of my own I guess. I looked at diffrent attacks and what not, I think I'll end up doing a HLLD Assassin. After work tomarrow, away I go lol.

4. zeiris

zeiris IncGamers Member

1) There is a site out there (google it) that has standards and rules for LLD. Their levels vary depending on the class (usually fitting into 9/18/30 brackets, lower as needed) and some things are not allowed. Whether you want to participate in that is your choice though: their tournaments happen once in a blue moon and tend to be too elite to be worth joining (since they've been LLDing longer than you've played D2) and in pub games nobody really cares about those rules. So just go with whatever level you'd like - I tend to go for the lowest level I can use my equip yet, or the coolest looking level.

2) At base you've got (level-1) skills, so 29 at level 30 or 17 at level 18, since you get no skill at level 1. To that, add 4 skills for every mode you've completed. +4 for norm, +4 for for nm, etc.

3) Depends on what you like. If you want a cheap and easy start into LLD, make a level 9 TSer/18 zealot/30 charger. Cheap, simple, cookie cutter. Progress from there according to personal preference and information you dig up on the net.

5. Mt Dew

Mt Dew Banned

Alright, cool...I get what you mean. I got to get to work in like an hour this morning so I have no time. I'll probably do a low character just so it looks cool when your killing guys like double your level lol.

6. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

What Is Hlld?

7. Mt Dew

Mt Dew Banned

HLLD is lvl 30.

Look at like the 3rd post, the guy explained everything...

8. jmsplat

jmsplat IncGamers Member

Actually those are just what I call them :/ Though VLLD is used a lot for lvl 9

9. Mt Dew

Mt Dew Banned

How can you do anything at lvl 9? Truely, lol. I'm gonna try it though with a Assassin...

10. HappyAssassin

HappyAssassin IncGamers Member

Here's what you want at VLLD. Make an Assassin with 1 point BoS, rest Tiger Strike, use Umbral Disk as a shield and equip the highest Damage claw you can find on the other hand. Get as much life as possible, and Socket Max Damage jewels (+9) ideally into as much of your gear as possible, using multi socket items. Then just charge and attack, and youll kill suprisingly well.

11. DelinquentFury

DelinquentFury Banned

or you could mindblast and use lightning traps with over 1k dmg at lvl 30.

12. zeiris

zeiris IncGamers Member

Or even better, fire traps. They have a range problem and suck up mana like mad, but stunlock like crazy. Just be sure to pack a belt of mana potions.

13. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

That's the worst TS sin advice I've ever read.

First of all, you have 20 skill points to use on a hell rushed level 9.
    2 bos
    9 ts
    9 claw mastery

Second of all, Umbral disk sucks - slow blocking. Pelta is the only choice for a TS sin.

Use a 3 socket blade talon with +max jewels.

My level 9 sacrafice pally does 1400 max damage. You can easily kill players much higher than you.

The best TS vllds are min dmg builds, they end up doing like 950-951 damage charged.

14. HappyAssassin

HappyAssassin IncGamers Member

So the difference is that you use a different shield and spent the time to get rushed through hell and do all the skill quests. Sorry if my suggestion wasn't right for building a serious VLLDer, I just suggested the one I've used for pub pking.

Also, you recommend Max Damage in the claw, but should the other sockets be Minimum Damage? I assume this is the case since you say that Minimum is the way to go. Please elaborate.

15. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Just go with one or the other. Max dmg is going to be cheap and effective, but the damage range ends up being extremely wide. Min dmg is going to be much more expensive and much harder to get your hands on since not many people think to keep such jewels/charms. The idea is to increase your min dmg by so much that it also increases your max dmg (your min obviously can't be more than your max), resulting in very good, consistent dmg output. The major catch is that it requires very good jewels and charms to outclass the max dmg build.

16. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

It's not the only choice. I'm partial to a good (take your pick of prefix) Bone shield of Deflecting with 2 sockets to be filled with +max (or +min if thats your preference) jewels.

-Matt

17. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

A lot of people use a 2os BSoD with a prefix (or 17 fhr rare with mechanics mod and deflecting) but I can tell you from personal experience that is is nowhere NEAR as effective as a Pelta. The extra frame blocking is essential in VLLD duels. It's worth the loss of a socket.

Heres a shield I was using on my mini TS sin. It looks absolutely godly, but Pelta works much better.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m55/bbbbzzzz/zzzzaaa.jpg

It's best to go with all minimum damage. Theres no point in getting +max on 1 or 2 jewels if you're using a min build. The max will do nothing since your total +min exceeds your total +max

I just mentioned max in the claw because not many people can afford to make a good min build. Then I recommended a min build as the best, but I don't expect someone who is new to vlld to actually afford a good one. Sorry for the confusion.

18. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Each to his own I suppose, I've had some very, very nice BSoD's on level 9 assassins before, as well as peltas with nice jewels, and I've never found the pelta to be anything close to the BSoD's. This is probably another hc/sc or case by case scenario (hc vs sc because of the potential for extra damage compared to a frame of blocking which wont do much in a hc duel, but might be the difference in a SC one)

-Matt

-Matt

19. Mt Dew

Mt Dew Banned

Yeah, I've been reading all of these by the way. I'm ISO a Luna Pelta as well as min damage jewels. I figure if I'm gonna spend the time to build it, I might as well build the best I possibly can.

...and so the search begins for min damage jewels.

Where can you find jewels like that, or the charms? Normal...Nightmare...Hell...

Thanks.

20. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

You can find them anywhere.

8 min is the most min damage possible on a level 9 jewel.

4 min prefix + 4min suffix = 8 min total. On a min only build, this is the equivalent of a 16 max jewel in average damage. Of course 14 is the highest max actually possible on a level 9 jewel. That's why min damage is superior to max damage.

On a rare jewel, you can get 2 other mods as well.

My best min jewel is 8min 25ar -15 req.

Most vllds use a -60 req ancient armor, so you will want 4 jewels with -req on them. Also, with a ts sin, you will want -15 req on your claw, or -30 req if you are using a bone shield of deflection.