Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

LLD Poison Javazon...viable?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Harkenrider, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Harkenrider

Harkenrider IncGamers Member

LLD Poison Javazon...viable?

Obviously fully synregized poison javelin attacks are better, but would plague javelin be good for low level dueling?

Say for instance level 25.

11 Dodge...(49% chance to dodge melee attack)
    1 Jab...(backup attack and for leveling)
    7 Poison Javelin...(for 10% more poison per point)
    8 Plague Javelin...(max for lvl)

Doesn't look to bad, anybody tried this?

-Hark

2. mastrinidad

mastrinidad IncGamers Member

By level 25 you can have about 29 skill points if youve done all the quests till act 4...hmm Interesting. What sort of + to skills items will you use if any at all to boost ur skills/damage? Its not easy but if you shop long enough you can find some + to skills spears at 25

I dont believe 11 to Dodge would be a good thing to put points in...instead I say use 2 on evade and as much as you can on avoid. if lets say you had 5 to Dodge, 4 to Avoid and 2 to Evade..youd have...

37% against melee(dodge)
    41% against missle(avoid)
    24% to both missile and melee(evade).

Still using 11 points. This to me is a better setup especially since you desire to be a ranged character and will most defenitely get into some duesl that will have some people using ranged attacks. having that extra form of defense is great.

a possibility could be as far as point spread for 29..

1 in critical Strike, Jab and lightning Bolt
    2 in Dodge, Evade and Penetrate
    4 in Avoid
    8 in Poison Javelin and Plague Javelin.

How does that possibly look?

3. Harkenrider

Yes I agree, only + to skill items I can think of at this lvl would be on javs.

Yeah, I was considering adding evade, and kinda rounding out D/A/E as this Amazon probably won't want to go toe to toe. My orginal skill set-up was coming from a jabbers perspective.

Doesn't look to bad to me BUT, does plague jav dmg get the pvp dmg reduction?....Will Death's gloves nullify all this poison in an instant?

Any plague javelin pro's out there willing to share what they know?

Did you happen to take a look at the poison #'s?....seems reasonable unless I'm reading it wrong...lol, casting delay worries me though. :(

Guess I'll give it a try, I'm shopping/looking for javs right now....if you're interested I'll post results or pm you if you prefer.

Thanks for the input.

-Hark

4. mastrinidad

No problem.....for items that have +skills you can always go for the easy ones Eye of Etlich and Tarnhelm. Or if you cant find those then get angelic rainment, ring and the amulet..gives good AR bonuses and +1 to the amulet.

Also, for the casting delay fear, you might want to use slow items if your opponent will NOT object to it. It can certainly help as far as poisons casting delays. Or Slow missile the ranged characters so that you can easier dodge their missiles in between ur javelins. =)

For a switch in tactic, you could also try faking them out with a good Pike with Jab first. Just to make your opponent go "huh?..you gotta be kidding"..then switch and spank em with the plague javelin when they get really close..:D

If you're on ladder on useast let me know...I think i still have one + to amazon spear (level 22)

5. Jerkazoid

Jerkazoid IncGamers Member

the build is a range fighter, using most of your skills points in psn to get a viable amount of dmg.

some builds dont use the deaths glove option, however dont be surprised when u encounter those who are basicly immune to your attack.

u are limited by the level u will choice to build at. keep in mind 39 is the liberal maximum lvl u could build to be called "LLD" ..i would adivse 29 being ur goal,,nd only consider dueling against other range fighters, (as throwing and running will just completely :rant: melee players)

dont try to go melee hybrid with this build,, u dont have critical and barely enough dodge or dmg to do anything,, u need all ur points to get the psn to actually work for you, so just stick with being range.

i can give the setup for a 29.,, and listed the difference for going lvl 25.

heres a lvl 29 :

psn jav - 16
    plague jav - 12 (highet possible for 29)
    light bolt -1
    dodge - 1
    avoid - 1
    evade -1

get a maiden jav with the inherint +3 on it from act5nm or later.
    cerimonial has too high a dex req and the physical dmg is uselless to you.

healm - peasent crown +1
    belt - string of ears
    armor - spirit shroud +1
    boots - natalyas
    gloves - bloodfists (FHR)
    ammy - eye of eltich +1
    shield - sigons+1
    rings- sojs +2

(syn's calculated)
    slvl12(+9) plg jav: 5540-5675 over 11 second
    slvl 16(+9) psn jav: 11741-12862 over 58 seconds

peasent => Tarn helm
    string => deaths sash for CBF
    shroud => probably a twitch

ur slvl 12 plag jav will drop to slvl8
    with +3 jav and +1jav gloves +3 all (tarn, sig ,eye,)
    +7 to ur jav skills

so slvl 8 (+7) plag = 2466-2575 over 8.6 seconds... so its about half the dmg in a lil less time then the 29 build.

get your resistances with charms, Pdiamond in sigons, maybe some runes in the armor for res or -15% req. use as much stats as possible for Vit. +5str LC's are a last resort however.. statistically using stats for str and just having +15 sc's for life will come out better.

its up to you to develop ur tactic. id go with plag jav and just work around the counter.

u could try for another +1 jav on gloves,,it will be almost neccesary for the 25 build.

worst case scenario for the lvl 29 build:
    individual with deaths gloves 75% res and 75% length reduction.

560 each second (1/4 pvp vs elements) = 140/sec
    131 -75% = 35/sec
    11 sec -75% = 2.75 seconds

end dmg = 96 dmg in 2.75 seconds

the 25 build will see about half this dmg.

now i dont think psn will finish them.. so u can use Light bolt for the kill and it has no AR check either.

now if u happen to meet someone with the Jade tan do... just say no kids.

6. Harkenrider

This is what I was afraid of, all that dmg negated by a pair of gloves and a belt... :lol:

Yeah obviously a higher lvl setup would work best, I was trying to stay as low as possible. You are definitely right about the throwing and running, I get the "quit running noob and take a beating" when I play my lld Necro and my lld Throw Barb... :lol:

Maiden jav +3 is exactly what I'm looking for. Found lots of +1's and a +2 but no +3's yet still looking.

Excellent this is what I needed to see. My numbers were just a little bit off from yours but not much.

This pretty much blows.... :mad: but what can ya do?

I'm still going to give it a try.

That's the good thing about lld, it doesn't take to long to build a character, so if it doesn't work delete it and try again.

Thanks for taking the time to answer as in depth as you did, all this info is excellent and very helpful.

-Hark

7. mastrinidad

okay call me a dork but whats "LLD"

8. Harkenrider

It stands for Low Level Dueling.