Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

lld/pker how much life?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Hobbesmsu, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Hobbesmsu

Hobbesmsu IncGamers Member

lld/pker how much life?

I've got a question for all the pkers/duelers out there. How much life is a lld/pker looking at? More to the point the lvl 9 12 18 paladins, and low lvl assassins. Just trying to get some info to run a few numbers. Thanks for your help.

2. Christor

Christor IncGamers Member

A lvl 9 should shoot for about 300, a lvl 12 about 400, and a lvl 18 about 500. Take into consideration that these are basically minimum values and having more is always a good thing. Granted it can be difficult unless you have a large charm base to siphon from.

3. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

My lvl 9 sin has ~325 life, and one slot open in invent for one ear. I consider that marginal. If you have all +13-15 life lg charms, you could push that to closer to 400.

4. Eblocher

Eblocher IncGamers Member

Ok now....Theoretically my wicked level 18 necro should then consider BOTH bone armor and life into that equation right?

5. rachil0

rachil0 IncGamers Member

Hmm, I think you should end up with the same amount of redbulb life, and the bone armor just taking you above and beyond that baseline. While everyone else is spending their skill points on offense, you only have that defensive skill to invest heavily in. So your "effective" life should be all of theirs and then some. I made a 14 necro that ended up with 450 life and 155 bonearmor, IIRC.

For lld necros, almost all your hard stat points should be going into strength and dexterity. You shouldn't stock up on +5 str/dex larges or whatnot, because that 5 vitality is WORSE than the ~14 life large that could've gone in that slot. Does that make sense? I stocked up on life charms, and made hard point investments in str/dex, not vice versa. You'll end up with equivalent base (red globe) life and the big extra from bone armor.

Alternatively, you could stock up on damage charms to augment your weaker offense. Then invest in str/dex for your equipment but have a lower redbulb total to show for it. Necros seem to have a lot of tradeoffs, mostly due to their somewhat lower natural damage output (even when using charges of combat skills).

6. HelzCaretaker

HelzCaretaker IncGamers Member

a lvl 9 should post around 400 if any good a lvl 12 should be hmm I'd say 500-550 and an 18 should be 700 minimum. My lvl 16 goes toe to toe with basically an 20 or lower guys and not only survives but generally kicks their sorry butts around. 500 life on a lvl 18 is plain pathetic since a good charger would 1 hit that, basically if you don't have the gear/charms don't make the dueler until you have all the charms/jewels you need. If you don't wait and constanly make half assed duelers you end up with a cycle of endless deaths and countless remakes.

7. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

I suggest max Strenght build with all max charms.......it will be the easiest way for a PKK to kill you!!!

Personally i think one who wishes to induldge in such activity best know what the potential of all his targets are and be able to take that potential head on or you will simply fail. At the same time I personally love PKs that dont really know what they are doing as they are so easy to smoke!

Have fun on your learning curve!

8. Eblocher

Eblocher IncGamers Member

Are you talking to me stinger? Just curious.

I'm not going to spend stat points til I have my charms completed.

I haven't made this kind of necro before and was wondering about life estimates myself, hence the comment.

I have a question, has anyone tried Blood boots for an LLDer?

9. BILLY

BILLY IncGamers Member

Well, my lvl 15 paladin has 618 life and I know that I could get more with better charms. My old (now dead) lvl 18 conc barb had around 800 and it seems that was not enough for him lol. I would go with as much life as you can possibly get with the gear that you have. My opinion is that you shouldn't duel serious duelers if you have, less than 300 life at lvl 9, less than 400 at lvl 12 and less than 600 at lvl 18. Just an estimate but I'm sure you can easily get more life than that at those lvls with the right equipment.

10. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Why would you? Just to craft a useful pair is hard enough, the lvl req is always way higher than it should be, and LL is useless in duels, especially at low lvls.

11. Hobbesmsu

Hobbesmsu IncGamers Member

thx too everyone who replied. I guess I was just underestimating the chargers in the sewers on their life. They seem to almost always have time to flux or run away before they die. As for Stinger, if that pleasant comment was directed at me, nice to meet you too. I've lld before but not with an assassin or paly. I prefer the more uncommon builds ie. lvl 19 fireball sorc (thx baranor I think for posting that btw) and a lvl 19 jabazon. Now that I'm not playing counter-strike as much I've found that I would like to start pkking instead of pking because I find the challenge much more fun. That is why I modified a build cafe' posted a while back about a necro that uses a merc to kill. It is absolutely hilarious. I've just started using him and was wondering why the pkers were not dying like they should. In short I know what a pvm and most pvps can dish out but thx for assuming 0_0.

12. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

My lvl 12 pala charger, before he died, had 603 life.
    I usually try to get them as high as possible.
    Remember, Bloodfist and Angelic's gives 155 life.

13. Unholy_VI

Unholy_VI IncGamers Member

About blood boots:

I tried blood gloves with one of my low level pk chars becuase i wanted the crushing blow.

I made it from the absolute crappiest gloves I could find and crafted with a level 1 char. it got nothing but really bad level 1 mods (fine, I ddint make it for that) but the level was 17, 5 levels higher than the intended char.

I'm not rich enouh to waste perfect gems and jewels and runes confirming this but im betting that level 17 is about the lowest possible level for blood items

UH6