Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

LLD necro questions (several)

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Eblocher, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Eblocher

Eblocher IncGamers Member

LLD necro questions (several)

The melee necro. From what I recall they are usually level 15 and as I picture it (just my initial thoughts are)

all points in BS and 1 in amp then use bone wall to get better bonuses aftetr level 12

Should all stats should be life or str? Should I plug str for dmg and use life charms for the boost? (I only get 2 life per vitality but get a better return on life) charms

Gear
    3 socket helm Max dmg
    3 socket armor Max dmg (or socketed twitch love the mods ias blocking etc)
    Deaths belt and gloves
    CK boots
    angelic ammy / ring
    other stat / life ring / manald or what kind?
    6 socket eth military pick ith'd (15 max in level 18)
    BSOD (I cant get a ATSOD) with max (2 holes)
    +3 bone armor wand / bone armor head on switch

Do I get the approximate idea on the gear?

Faster run grands? Or use those max/ar level 16 grands that are so nice? Or just stick with lifes?

Why stop at 15? Wouldn't 18 be better for the better jewels?

Whats a good level of bone amor and dmg to shoot for?

Should I use golems? clay to slow em and cast in the way? Teeth to slow them?

Is anything invested in mana or do you just potion away.

I know thats a lot of questions, but I have just been thinking about it and thought it might be a fun LLD / hunting character.

Comments / suggestions welcome

2. Unholy_VI

Unholy_VI IncGamers Member

sounds pretty nasty for sure.

I think if you really were trying to make the best possible with that equipment a zealot would be nice.

But if the idea is to get ears in pk, not many people even pvmers would be afraid to fight a low level necro so I think you have a great idea. :lol:

3. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

4. Eblocher

Thanks for the link.

I still have a few questions like what about twitch vs socketed armor. You should be able to get max block then.

Why didn't you use cow king boots?

What was that hidden skill? Is there anything I am missing?

5. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

I had max block anyway, just takes some more dex to get it, and a lot more dmg than with Twitch (now I use a 4-sock armor).

I don't have Cow Kings boots, as simple as that :p

The hidden skill is hidden for a reason, but maybe you can figure it out ;)

/Magnus

6. Eblocher

my guess is a rare with charges of something

If it was poison dagger the duration isn't long enough at low levels to last unless the AR boost still stays when not cast

I'm stumped, but I haven't lloked at all posibilities yet.

7. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

... think Pally skills... low lvl ones.

8. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

;)
    10 chars

9. Baranor

Baranor IncGamers Member

s..........................

10. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

I know, I know, I know: Smite!! :surprise:

11. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

ROFL :lol:

12. stevethatsmyname

stevethatsmyname IncGamers Member

give me a try!!!!!!

salvation?? Shield, Holy?!!! For the love of god, just tell us already!!!!! :lol:

:lol:

13. rachil0

rachil0 IncGamers Member

Problems and tactics.

I thought this was such an original idea that I went and made one. IMO, this is a really tough character to get any kills with. I've hostiled on the order of ..40 games? And got one ear, from another 22 necro. Although it is pretty fun for everyone to freak out upon being hostiled and then relax once they see it's a necro. My final stats were: 25-380 pvm damage before amp, 400 life, 155 bone armor at level 14. Not as good as the original but I didn't put as much effort into the weapon, I bet.

My main complaints with him are:

1) Your "smite" charges run out really quick, especially since it's so slow and tends to whiff when people are on the move. Once you're out of charges, your normal attack is pretty lackluster.
    2) I think that low vita is the way to go since the return on life per stat point is so poor. Put your hard stat points into strength and dex, and use charms for life. But you'll have terribly low stamina ... unless you use treads or vidalas. Unfortunately that would screw up my sigons combo, so I didn't do that. I may ditch deaths sash for sigons belt, and use gloves+belt and vidalas to counter this problem.
    3) It's a lot of damage for a necro, but not particularly a lot for a pker. No 1-hits, and a lot of whiffs.
    4) The advantage of being a "wolf in sheeps clothes" are hard to gauge and IMO small. Even the weakest build/class could hostile but people just won't take the chance.

On the upside, he's cool!

I've found that IM can be just as effective as amp. I noticed people were tending to ignore me and just fight the monsters instead (even when I was right next to them!) so I put a point into IM and have probably dealt more total damage through IM than my charges.

I am not sure what happens when a player is slain by IM cast by a hostile player "... was slain by ??" "evil force"? "necro_pk"? No clue. I toyed around with swinging my normal attack (which just tickles) until they ignored me, then waiting for them to get focused on fighting monsters, then IM them so they start quickly hurting themselves and release amp/charges for the big finish. I'm still getting the hang of this.

14. rachil0

rachil0 IncGamers Member

One more thing .. I pumped bone armor just like the original author did, although I don't feel this is really necessary to be an effective fighter. At lvl 14, I had 17 skills to distribute and that's a lot! I think that maybe pumping summons to maybe 2 skeletons / 2 mages / 1 golem / ?1 mastery? could be an interesting twist, maybe you could fool more people into thinking that you're just a summoner and they would fight your minions while you sneak in for the big attack. Your angelics bonus will grant you a 3rd skeleton/mage .. so you'd look pretty convincing as a summoner with those 7 guys following you around. Kill monsters in the moor to minimize exp gain when summoning ... and don't let them fight the monsters in the hunting grounds! They'll die easily.

15. TheMeat

TheMeat IncGamers Member

Okay I have a few more questions about this build...

1) What is best class of weapon? War Axe? Sword of some type?
    2) Is the best weapon magical or rare?
    3) Where can you find such items?

Thanks alot!

16. rachil0

rachil0 IncGamers Member

I used a war sword, but it's not that good imo. I am not sure what the best weapon would be, I didn't go to the trouble of calculating attack frames. I suspect war axe is probably best. I think anyway you cut it, you'll be swinging pretty sluggishly. I shopped my weapon from larzuk in normal, you could probably shop one in NM or Hell just as easily.

A rare could be better than a magic weapon, as long as it spawned with charges. You could get a max damage mod and an enhanced damage mod, in addition to the essential charges. I think my weapon listed about 30 max damage, which is pretty lackluster. But you're doing a lot more damage from your wrath gear, not necessarily your weapon.

17. Phantom_Man

Phantom_Man IncGamers Member

This throws me off. :lol:

Phantom- :drink:

18. Baranor

Baranor IncGamers Member

Here's another tip: Get a mrec, stick a nice 100+ damage pike on him (pref a 6 sock eth pike with 6 20%ED jools), give him +max armor and helmet and let him whack at the opposition together with you. If you also get an army chances are people will totally ignore the 600+ dam per jab merc and get killed by him. Preferably a concentration merc as he has the higher AR and greatly enhances yours as well.

The other option is Cleglaws sword for the DS effectively doubling your listed damage, and then AMp will double it up again. Your 25-150 starting damage or so would end up as 100-600 damage per hit, and clegs sword is at -10 base speed so its quite fast.

19. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

A small update on my progress. I have finally started to use him frequently, and I have to say it's very fun :)

Thx to some max-dmg charms and a Gothic 4 sock-armor my max dmg tops out at 516 IIRC, and that is before Amp.

Further more I tend to see him as a dueller more then a hunter, so I have taken up Baranors advice I got some weeks ago and gotten him a good merc that can dish out up to 390 PvP dmg per hit when Amp is on. Still looking for an Eth Pike though. I use a normal one filled with Ith's for now.

I am thinking of switching a life charm or two for FRW charms, because I think the speed will help me alot in regular duells. That will also help my merc to survive longer, since the smart ones kill him first. With me, constantly in their face, maybe my merc can get one more hit in before he dies, and that can settle the deal.

So far I scout sewer games and look for duells, preferably in sewer, where Palas and Asns don't have so much space.

Two biggest wins must be a lvl 18 Jabber in an open-space duell and a lvl 21 Asn in Sewers (Kicker with str/dex gear) who said they had some pretty good gear. The duelling Palas have escaped me so far. 2 of them, both lvl 18, fluxed with 10-20 life left :lol:

Apart from that I have a decent number of ears from PvM'ers who wanted to try me out :p

edit: I have a normal boost. I have thought about going to NM, just so I could get a Might merc (Blessed Aim at the moment), still haven't decided if it's worth not seeing normal games? I guess it's a good idéa, so maybe it's just me being lazy, hehe...

20. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

rachil0: The stamina should pose no real problem as of 1.10. You know those white stamina pots we all love to collect? They work so that they give you ~30 seconds of "infinite" stamina now, instead of just filling the bar as in 1.09. So, just chug one of those before the fight and you probably don't have to worry about stamina oriented gear!