Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

lld necro build

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by baalos, Mar 1, 2004.

1. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

lld necro build

Rawrrrr! I'm toying with the idea of making a 24-27 necro for dueling. I've never made a necro for that and was looking for some strategy for the build and gear. Any and all ideas are welcome.

I bought a teleport staff and want to use this as part of the fun, please keep that in mind. Thanks in advance.

2. AnubisXy

AnubisXy IncGamers Member

IG out of a high damage weapon and teleport on top of people.

3. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

i dont belive it works too well anymore. I made one, my golem was a cruel thunder maul, my merc wore life armor, eth honor partizan, i wore the usual, all life gear and a tele staff, had a couple skeles, amp, the typical (well, not so typical anymore, never see em around) build.

I did my normal thing each time, amp, tele on top of them, even with amp+might merc, i was very low on kills, only 2ish i belive. I ended up retiring the character (more like a dishonorable discharge, he was terrible) and putting the gear to better use.

Oh, and if you are still thinking of making one, its pretty basic, aim for 600+ dmg weapon, make it a golem, life gear all over on you, telestaff on backup, might merc. If you want a bit more damage, give the merc an honor weapon and +max gear. Skills: 1-5 in amp, 5ish in skele, 1 bone armor, rest bonewall. Also, I didnt use bonewall on mine, though now that i have seen it used in pvp, i very much wish i had, i think it would be a good investment in this build, espically for pking, its very effective in trapping people now.

-Matt

4. NightShade

NightShade IncGamers Member

Bout time fred ^^.

I like the following gear (here Rah, Rah, Rah)

lvl 29
    Umes wand
    Whistans sheild
    +2 summoning skill ammy
    Dual sojs (ideally) - fcr ring
    Caster boots
    Caster gloves (teleporting fast is good)
    4 socket gothic plate(life)
    3 socket helm (life)
    String of ears.

Tele stick on switch.

Amp them, teleport on top of them (might merc + IG). You may or may not want to boneprison them. I personally would so they would stand still long enough for the golem/merc to get in range.

5. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

LOL Shade, dual sojs? This is me, remember I'm not that rich and even if I was don't think I'd risk them on a dueler.

Thanks for the tips folks. Keep you ideas coming plz ^^ I've rushed my necro with skills quests, etc. to act 5, now I just have to remember how to get him into the WS. He just has to visit ancients, right? I'd like to get him skills quested, life book and resists thru nm.

6. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

Ohhh I just fould a hellslayer that has little use for me. Think I'll use that. Thanks for the tip!

7. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

What about skill points? Max skellies? And do curses work in pvp situations?

8. AnubisXy

Forget about ancients, and you don't need to go to ws. You just need to be partied with someone who is there when baal dies who needed the quest. All you have to do is wait in town.

9. AnubisXy

Not sure about skill points as I don't duel well and never with a necro. As far as rushing through NM, if you need a hand feel free to send me a /w. I met you once in a game through CAT. Didn't play long though as the game wasn't going well due to him lagging cause of my skellies.

10. NightShade

Tripple posting? I bow to you sir.

Skills :

Level 5 ish amp. It'll stick long enough for you to land.
    Decrep is free, use it against fast movers.

Max golem mast for the level. Losing a hellslayer because a merc poked your golem is irritating

11. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

Well that is one way of course, but I thought there is another. Its kinda like the deal with just killing the council and talking to cain instead of gathering up all the parts. The wp becomes available to you. Anyone remember the secret?

12. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

Since you'll be lvl 29, one of those lvls can be via getting ancient quest.

Then you can go to ws all u like.

13. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

@ AnubisXy, every game Cat is in is laggy, or unstable. Thats what he gets for his free connection I guess! Wish I remember that game, but I don't. I'll take you up on that offer, but if anyone cares to post the alternate way I'm sure it would be helpful.

@Shade :lol: gogo post count... *Looks over to the left* Er, or maybe not :p

14. AnubisXy

Yeah, I think if you're under lvl 20 and in the summit when they die, you won't get ancients quest but you can walk through the door and walk to the WP in WSK lvl 2.

15. AnubisXy

Yeah I told him to get rid of that AOL crap lol. Anyway, *AnubisXy *AnubisXy1 2 or 3 are the accounts. Look me up anytime, usually run with bear and a couple others I met in GAT. Good group of people, can help you through NM anytime as I'm rushing chars alot on second computer for hellforge quests anyway.

16. SonOfRah

SonOfRah IncGamers Member

The build still works, but the high level killing has undertaken a twist. Meaning you don't want more than 25 levels between you and the target, at least.

enter the game with as much +summoning skills as you can on switch, umes, +golem mastery head (idealy +3GM, +3bone armor, +3 bone wall).

rest of the gear for lvl 29:
    telestaff
    angelic ring/ammy
    stat ring
    string of ears
    life helm
    life armor (hint, 3 ruby breast plate is better than a 4 ruby goth plate - run the numbers - more stamina PLZ)
    bloodfists
    sanders boots

scrap the hellslayer. seriously. trade it for honor runes. the dmg is pathetically low for a golem at lvl 29. even an eth honor partizan is better than this.

how to kill is simple.
    amp
    then tele
    pause for 1/2 a sec
    tele again
    repeat the above 2 until you either run out of tele charges, your golem/merc dies, or your target dies.

17. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

Woot. Thats exactly what I was looking for Rah. Thanks!

18. SonOfRah

rememeber:

Merc = allows your IG to deal roughly double dmg at that level.
    Give the merc an eth honor partizan and whatever for helm/armor (life, whatever etc. iceblink to chill if you feel mean)

lvl 27 might merc with honor partizan ~600 dmg (iirc been ages since i last looked). 3 pokes from jab, 1 jab per tele ~1800 dmg per teleport. Assume 1/4 of the time DS takes effect so on average your merc has a chance for ~2200 max damage.

lvl 27 IG (IG's level is the same as your char's level) with ~600dmg weapon is about 1200 damage max with might. assume no DS. with DS golems become scary......2400 max.

Amp removes the 1/2 pvp penalty from both your merc/IG.

thus one tele allows for ~3400 maximum damage possible.

This build is even more scary should you come across my ultimate dream weapon in 1.10: perfect 500% ed rare eth thunder maul with 2 sockets, +max dmg or a crafted eth thunder maul with 560%ed and 2 sockets. Throw in 2 Lo runes and you have an IG with over 1700 max dmg with 40% DS. might throws that up to 3400, DS even more up to a possible 6800 damage. Amp isn't included because it removes the pvp penalty (1/2 pvp penalty *2 (amp) = 1). *snif* if anyone should find this weapon please don't waste it on anything except on an IG :D

19. NightShade

zerker. ..

20. SonOfRah

:p

If you like attacking sloooooooow.

Not sure on the exact ias needed to reach a 9 frame zerk with a t-maul. Must be at least around 100.