Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

LLD-ish paladin...have fun with it

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Xenon[XoA], Apr 6, 2004.

1. Xenon[XoA]

Xenon[XoA] Banned

LLD-ish paladin...have fun with it

As ya may..or may not know, I play LLD a lot, but I figured I'd share a setup, so others can have fun with it.
    Anyway, its a charge/zeal paladin. Easy enough to make, but gear is important. Mine's lvl 37, prob armor reqs. Lvl 34 is possible if you change some of the gear. It's an 09 build, but still viable.

Combat Tree:
    1pt in each pre-req
    5pts in Zeal, 20 in charge, 1 in Holy shield

Offensive Tree:
    1pt in each pre-req
    16pts in Concentration

First off, rush a character through hell. Grab as many of those stat / skill quests as you can manage.

Stats:
    74 str
    50 dex
    130 vit
    base eng
    leaves about 10 stat pts remaining. (before gear bonus)
    Dex is prob more important because you get blocking, ar, and you can always get mass life from charms.

Resists: 80/55/52/28 Needs to be beefed up a bit, twink as you need.

Gear:
    Weap1: Honor Dimensional Blade. Amazing. If you can find a 5 sock knout, get that. Fastest available I think. This'll be your zeal weap.
    Weap2: Charge weapon. Maul for best dam. Was originally going to use a honor warclub, but reqs are way too high, and it cannot compare to the uniques. Bonesnap? no way. I found an eth steeldriver. Amazing as is, Use Ral + Sol +Perf em to upgrade it. You get a 500ish max dam weapon with L.34 reqs, and low str. 50 durability. I've been playing this pally for...1 year about, his weaps lost 12 dur.

Shield1: Moser's, resists, 2 os.
    Shield2: none (maul)

Armor: Some might want to go with 4 socket ones, but I like Spirit Forge. 74 str to use, gives +15str, life on char lvl, 2 os, 420+- def, and added fire damage.
    Ammy: had an eye, but LL nerfed, so go with a res all w/ life. I've a 89 life/33res ammy right now.
    Belt: String for DR possibly, bladebuckle for FHR.
    Boots: Waterwalks, hands down. max fire-res +5%, 65 life, +dex. phew.
    Gloves: Magnus' Skin, for ar, ias etc.
    Rings: 1 soj, 1 manald. keep at least a soj for the mana and skill. manald can be switched.

Sockets: As many max dam (15+) // ed jewels as you can find. If you want, socket up with shitty + max's so you can play earlier, then Hel +tp scroll them out when you get the good ones.

Charms: lotsa life charms (15life scs), dex, or sharp gc/lcs. +max/ar/frw +max/ar/fhr etc. or fine small charms. Tp's (if u use) into your belt, fill the invent with charms.

The end result: 933-1550 zeal, 4063-6351 charge.
    Enjoy :wave:

2. inatey

inatey IncGamers Member

ahh LLD?? please explain...

3. Xenon[XoA]

Xenon[XoA] Banned

Low Level Dueling.
    Basically you take a char, twink the hell out of it, then go dueling in normal games. Which reminds me, you're going to need another char - use a mule - to see your norm games.

4. SmokeyTreats

SmokeyTreats IncGamers Member

I will have to try this sometime.
    Thanks Xenon. :thumbsup:

5. Knarl

Knarl IncGamers Member

Since when are lvl 37 hell rushed characters considered LLD?

That's bordering more on MLD (Mid Level Dueling...basically 40-60 in most cases) Plus, most people who make level 30-40s use them for dueling higher level characters without resorting to bringing in a lvl 80 for example...not to duel lvl 30 or less characters because there is little challenge in that.

LLD generally ranges from 21 at the lowest to 30 at the highest. In LLD leagues, (namely LLD101 since I don't know of any others that are active ATM with their own ruleset) there are stricter level caps for each character class to ensure fairness and balance.

Usually, chargers are limited to lvl 27, and zealots are limited to lvl 29. Now I understand that you probably just suggested this build for fun to go around in random pubby games, which is fine and dandy, but if you really wanna try real LLDing with experienced people with a fair ruleset, then I'll suggest a build that I used for a charger/zealot, level 27...no hell rush...in fact, no killing of baal in any difficulty.

Level 27 Charger/Zealot:

Gear:
    -Honor Knout (best choice to honor in terms of range, speed, and dmg)
    -Twitchthroe
    -Angelic Rings + Ammy, or substitute one of the rings for a rare ring with high +mana and stats to ensure enough mana for charge. I used one with ~100 ar, 4%LL, str/dex, 56 mana, lit resist
    -Max Dmg Jeweled Mask/Death Mask (15+ maxers preferably, not ed/max because they are bugged in non-weapons so they only add the max dmg and negate the ed)
    (I personally used a rare circlet with +1 pally skills, 20 frw, +ar, +ar based on char lvl, 8 str, etc...with a P ruby...it used to be on my lvl 27 smiter :p)
    -Deaths Gloves/Belt
    -Sanders Boots

Skills:
    16 Charge
    1-3 zeal depending on your +skills (you need to get 5 hits, or level 4 zeal at least)
    11 Might

Stats:
    Enough str to equip honor knout
    Enough dex to equip honor knout/get max block, whichever comes last
    Rest in Vit
    None in Nrg

Basically, my stats were something like this:

191-1366 zeal dmg
    480-3420 charge dmg

With my rare lance that I also used:

820-5283 charge dmg

He had kinda low life considering he had to pump str/dex to equip his lance, like around 650 life, which is really good considering how few points I was able to spend in vit.

But I deleted him recently in favor of a pure lvl 29 zealot with 4 fpa zeal. He does 17xx max dmg with 6.2k ar and 720 life. :D

6. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

Just so you know, this is NOT possible anymore, as you need to be clvl 40 to pass NM ancients and 60 for hell.

I agree this is a little too high for LLD.

crg

7. SmokeyTreats

SmokeyTreats IncGamers Member

This is not true.

8. raffster

raffster IncGamers Member

Hmmm...I thought LLD was strictly for clvl9 characters only??? Wojc14's L9 Assassin beat the crap out of my L34 Barb. Or is there LLD for level 9 only? I'm confused.

9. ButterFace

ButterFace IncGamers Member

All you have to do to get past the ancients lvl restriction is to be partied with a character that can do the quest. Then the character being rushed can just stand in town and get the ancient and baal quests. Yet another bug left in 1.10. So dont be surprised to see a lvl 1 in hell

10. Knarl

Knarl IncGamers Member

Lvl 9-20 or so is called vlld, or very low lvl dueling.

LLD is basically 21-30, with specific lvl caps for different characters.

11. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Knarl, I JUST made one of those on hardcore... gear was:
    64% ed paladin shield w/ Carnages, +max was 42 i think...
    twitch w/ 15 max
    sanders boots
    deaths gloves/belt (5 frame zeal)
    Honor Knout (would go eth next time and replace it once in a while for its better dmg and more importantly, lower reqs!)
    angelic rings/amulet
    3x Carnage'd crown, less +max, i got bored getting my last few jewels and threw some +13's in it ;) so it was like +35 max
    just clegs sword/25 max shield on switch, fakes for mh lamers.

Charms were a mix. A few sharps, two fines with life (larges) one fine grand w/ life, some smalls of life, some larges of sustinence, like two smalls of sustinence, a few grands of life (ran out of charms :) ) and some fine smalls/larges, the larges having some +stats.

Died dueling the 74 druid of a 42 I killed, the bastard ambushed me at a little over half health (just made a 49 druid flux ;) ), but thats no excuse, i should know better than to run past 74 druids to town, ahh well, had my looter there, so its rebuild time when i get some more charms.

His life was a tad low, very close to 600, I would ideally like 800 or thereabouts before i felt somewhat safe, but 700 would be ok. Zeal was listed as about 1500 per hit max, and charge was a little over 2k, I did NOT use might, skills:
    Max conc for level (like it more on a hybrid zeal/charge)
    10 smite (for zeal synergy)
    3 zeal (with +1 from honor, i hit 5 hits per zeal)
    1 in prerequisites
    Rest in charge.

Also, I think a few gear choices were not so hot on the original build, mosers and spirit forge are not great low level dueling items... focus on max number of sockets per item (as a charger that is) and toss carnages in them, for a charge/zealot or pure zealot, i say go with twitch for its 20 stats and +fhr, ias, blocking ETC.
    -Matt

12. Sober_Irishman69

Sober_Irishman69 IncGamers Member

my lvl 17 lld tore up. IMO, i believe lld is 17 and below... i had a 9 asn in 09 as well...
    but yes, 37+ is mld, i think... joJo or someone on USEast looked for 3socketed executioners with dmg/IAS in 09... i htink it was like a 150ED/30IAS sword.... all you had to do was walk into a nm blood run game (now kinda worthless) but yea... ppl died fast O_O

13. Xenon[XoA]

Xenon[XoA] Banned

Pfft, semantics. I said ISH : /
    mld would be more accurate though.
    Vlld...lvl 9, lld, 10-30, mld 31-42..or whatever. Most of the mid duel games I've seen feature lvl 50s though. Then again, lotsa "low duels" are packed with 90s.

For lowers, the honor sword'd still work, and there's always Upped Eth B-snap.

Point was, have fun with it :wave: