LLD-Hammerdin: SKill placement + setup

LarryPaul

Diabloii.Net Member
LLD-Hammerdin: SKill placement + setup

I'm building a lvl 29 LLD hammerdin, but I don't know the most optimal skillplacement for this build, and I can't seem to find it on the forum or in the guides. So if you have any helpful information i'd be grateful.

Also, is charge a neccessity in LLD's? Or can it be done with vigor + some frw gear like Unique warhat and frw charms? (Really dont wanna waste 2 skills if i'm not gonna use 'em!)

btw, here's my item setup, if you have anything to comment:

unique warhat w/p ruby
viper w/p ruby
spirit shield in a 44res pala and spirit weap (cs)
2xsoj
frostburn or magefist.
sanders boots (for dex, str and 40frw)
no idea on the amulet so far... It gotta be rare.
nightsmoke or rare belt (nghtsmoke is the best i can do atm).

thanks!

Maccat

Diabloii.Net Member
Basically, this is what I'd do. Either go hardcore into concentration and then the rest into blessed aim (I'd say eff vigor and save the skill points. It's not going to help you that much imo but if you're dead set on it, put points into vigor instead of blessed aim). The reason behind hardcore concentration is if you team duel or use a merc it would help them greatly. Otherwise, I vote:

12 Blessed Hammer
12 Vigor
7 Blessed Aim
1 Concentration
1 Holy Shield

LarryPaul

Diabloii.Net Member
Basically, this is what I'd do. Either go hardcore into concentration and then the rest into blessed aim (I'd say eff vigor and save the skill points. It's not going to help you that much imo but if you're dead set on it, put points into vigor instead of blessed aim). The reason behind hardcore concentration is if you team duel or use a merc it would help them greatly. Otherwise, I vote:

12 Blessed Hammer
12 Vigor
7 Blessed Aim
1 Concentration
1 Holy Shield
thanks for this great reply :)

I'll surely look into it!

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
yeah, this link doesn't really work for me since I only get to lvl 29, leaving me with a base hammer lvl at 11.
Read it again; the information is in there. Base lvl of BH is irrelevant in the calculations. You always max the skill for your character level, then apply the synergy/aura rule needed for max damage.
Besides, i really need to know if holyshield and charge is skills I need to invest in!
Unless you want to have limited mobility and have to invest a ton of stat points into dex for max block...