Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

LLD ain't what it used to be (in ladder)

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Rice_Farmer3, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Rice_Farmer3

Rice_Farmer3 IncGamers Member

LLD ain't what it used to be (in ladder)

In ladder, there are so many low lvl people running around with spirit and insight ans stuff. it messed up the spirit of LLD'ing and especially VLLD. I keep forgetting there are spirits now and charge into a hammer whril of lvl 30 hammerdins. They used to be able to barely take my life down to 1/2 if they were lucky, but now they 1 hit kill me. Goold ole days when my untwinked :D , unsynergized, un-planned out, slapped together 18zealot could kill almost everyone under lvl35...

2. Davie.

Davie. IncGamers Member

So twink it and give it sc's.

3. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

First off, I'm not sure what time period your "good ole days" where but that sounds pretty horrible.

Second, Hammerdins even with Spirit are no match at all for a half decent bone necro.

Lastly, how did either of those runewords mess with VLLD? As far as I can tell, VLLD is the same it has been for a very long time since no runewords or changes at all for that matter have effected VLLDs since synergies were implemented.

4. eLight

eLight IncGamers Member

Burn those hammerdins with a firesorc dude. I got one with damn good dmg without sojs. But I agree with you that it was much better "in the good ole days", Tstrikers, jabbers, zealers mmhm.

5. Phyrexial

If they slap on a Hotspurs and or Noko you're pretty screwed.

6. aznbboi16

aznbboi16 IncGamers Member

Somehow, I don't think you've actually had much lld experience if you could kill "almost everyone under lvl35" with your "untwinked , unsynergized, un-planned out, slapped together 18zealot".

I completely fail to see how runewords have ruined VLLD (lv9), since vlld can't use a single rune...

So basically, you liked the days where you could kick ass with your untwinked zealot (which was never...) and run through hammers and have them tickle you at most?

Might want to work on your strategy dueling hammerdins then...Normally you don't just run through their hammers anyways...And if you're dying in one hit to a lld hammerdin's hammers, you need more life.

Zealers and jabbers are still around...TStrikers aren't a common ~lv30 build.

If your Fire Sorc doesn't have a decent EShield and replenish life, then I wouldn't even need nokozan/hotspurs to beat it with my lv30 hammerdin.

7. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

I never got into L lld after I saw one game filled with spirits, insights and whatnot. Whatever happened to the good old eHonour Lancers !! :c

PS: I'm sure lld with the new runewords can be fun, but the reason I started with lld is to *avoid* the overpowerd runewords..

HoD

8. Rice_Farmer3

Rice_Farmer3 IncGamers Member

Yeah, i would do all those things, but the problem is I made my "LLD" char in ladder by mistake when the rest of my acc is NL. i have no idea why i went on with the pally, i'm too young to drink or anything. But actually, i got some basic items off of nice people, like full death set (yes, i use death sword) and angelics. the rest are all crapy self-found rares though. But just by knowing what to do, i found i could kill most people in pubby games. and a lot of you doubted my word that i could kill all those people, but i'm serious. in pubby games, you can really kill those low lvl people just by knowing what to do. but when a 1/2 of a real lld'er enters, i was pretty much screwed. i'm working on a real, planned out 18 zealot in nonladder though, so that should fix the problem... yeah and whoever pointed out about my strategy duelling hammerdins, i exactly said the same thing on my original post. I'm used to them sucking so i dont even worry about their hammers. well, now thats changed... yeah and just to make myself sound more like an idiot to some of you, i actually did kill a lvl 64 druid (in no better condition than mine though) and i have the ear too. of course, taht was before all the over-godly runewords. i used to play with taht char a lot then i kinda quitted cuz i was into my windy druid in NL then some days ago i played with it again and after a couple days of playing, i think i'm gonna delete the char. and to HoD, who is like the only person that agreeed with me, i'm gonna make a eth honor lancer after i've had plenty of fun with my zealot :lol:

9. Davie.

Davie. IncGamers Member

OT: You should really try drinking :thumbsup: . You're never too young is what I say ^_^

10. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

Good for you :teeth: The chars I enjoyed the most in lld where my bonenecro (lvl29) and my lvl 18 zealot, but the charger was extremely fun too. Gogo 1hit KO's :clap:

HoD

11. IN_FLAMES

IN_FLAMES Banned

I was unaware that level 35 and under was considered LLD..

I have a level 18 charger that I use for LLD on ladder and Its all fun. Just make games with level restrictions.

12. Phyrexial

Hammers haven't been that weak since before 1.10. Even before Spirit and Insight, Hammers were easily some of the best melee lld killers. You make me laugh, go find HFCX and he'll kill practically any lld you've got besides a bone necro and he's on NL. No Spirit, no Insight. I don't know what game you've been playing, but Hammers are murder since synergies came out. The runewords don't drastically change this.