Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

LL question

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Voice, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

LL question

I know ll blows in pvp now ... but how does a low lvl or high lvl hunger fare in pvp ... does it suck as much as all the other ll's?

2. ~Kazama Fury~

~Kazama Fury~ IncGamers Member

well, hunger seems to still work quite a bit.
    when victus and i were testing our builds, i decided to try SoB with 5 spirit wolves out, knowing that leech doesnt work that well in pvp anymore. victus took damage from the SoB'ed wolves while i tried to come in for some attacks. the plan seemed to be working, he was at near death. i decided to go on with my plan. the duel started to prolong and i found it kind of odd on how he was able to kill my spirit wolves and he was still able to live. i went closeup and he had a nice amount of life recovered. i was amazed. victus used hunger. Even though the wolves didnt have that much hp, he was able to get around 100 life for each kill. this is probably from enigma also, but i mean, enigma gives 14 life per kill? where did the rest of the hp come from? not to mention he still took some damage from SoB. Hunger still helps in some occasions, unfortunately these are one of the few things victus and i havent fully tested out.

just thought i could share this, i hope this answered a part of your question. i would want to answer how it would fare comparing to 1.09, but ill leave this to victus. oh, one more thing, i think the hunger bug is fixed, you are no longer open to all hits when you hunger.

3. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

thanks for reply if this isnt answered soon i'll make a druid to test this specifically i guess ... i am just curious if a hunger pvp would work b/c maybe it will lose damage ... but if it regains life a decent bit it will work like ll and therefore mass damage wouldnt be necessary.

4. VictusMetuo

VictusMetuo IncGamers Member

There's no damage pentalty on Summons, there is on Players. So Summons you will get insane amounts from, and Players, you won't get incredible amounts from, but few hundred every hit depending on your damage.

5. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

would you say that this maxed would be viable in pvp for ll benefits? Also does gear ll stack w/ this so lets say lvl 28 hunger w/ 40 other ll ... would i get hunger ll +40ll and would it be worth it?

6. VictusMetuo

Hunger drops off incredibly in the later skill points. You can get to the point where you need a couple points to get 1 extra %. It's not really a skill to max. And yes you get more LL from items, but it's also at the Hunger Damage, which is of course lower than normal.

7. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

So basically my idea just went to the poo poo hole after you posted that ...

8. VictusMetuo

17-20 give 1-2% per point and 176% for level 20, compared to 165% at slvl 14 where my Hybrid has it at with +Skills. If you had another +10 skills and had the skill maxed it would be at 186%.

9. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

Yea but even at that % it wouldnt get me back to leeching like we did in 09 w/o hunger ... which is what i was kind of hoping for.

10. Black_Dog

Black_Dog IncGamers Member

especially when ur dmg is reduced by 3/4 :(
    4k dmg x .25 = 1k/10 = 100/2 = 50 x 1.86 = 93 life back per hit... and that's with 4k dmg...

11. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

thanks for the replys folks ... guess im gonna have to move on to another pvp idea .... i dont want to make the same ol boring pvp but i want to be effective, and i dont really want to read a guide on a build either .... back to the drawling board.