Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

LK running

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Ergroilnin, May 26, 2015.

1. Ergroilnin

Ergroilnin IncGamers Member

Hello guys,

so after all, I decided to give LK running a try and found it at least so far to be kind of fun which is nice. However I am confused a little bit about the proper players setting. I've read few threads here and found out that 1.13 patterns differ between the threads. Thus I am not sure which one is correct.

At the moment I am running with /p7 since if I understood it correctly, there should be chance for Lo, Ohm, Sur and Ber is that right? I am mainly going for enigma/infinity but lo for grief or fortitude would be great as well and ohm for cta.

Also any particular tips? I am running with my trapper assassin with 100 frw from gear (30 frw, 2 assa skills circlet, Cat's eye amulet (is that the name? whatever, the frw unique) and aldur's. Completely empty inventory and I have harmony on main switch, with that and my lvl 9 (1+skills) BoS I am running ridiculously fast so I don't think more frw would be of much use. I have about 1600 hp and all resists in pluses so I don't have problems with survivability as well.

My map is imo pretty nice, from wp its one teleport to one fire and second teleport takes me from third superchest to another fire camp. I use that set staff with teleport charges so I need to repair once in thirty runs which isn't bad I think and there is no problem with money from all the amulets, circlets etc.

So far my time is about 30 seconds from hitting exit to another exit, surely I will be able to shave off few seconds with a bit of practice. Does it get any better than that?

Lastly I plan to run LK exclusively with the assassin not only because I don't need keys which is always a plus but also because I have shitty LK map on my Sorc which has godly AT map that I seriously don't want to lose.

2. TreeOfSmoke

TreeOfSmoke IncGamers Member

The relevant threads are buried somewhere on this forum. Luckily I dug them up a while ago:)

For some reason an LK chest can only drop 2^16=65536 patterns, so the same drops keep coming up.
    A list of all possible drops in 1.13c was compiled here.
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/threads/1-13-lk-patterns.764531/page-24

I don't know if patterns are different in 1.13d, but that seems very unlikely. As you can see P7 is a good setting to run.

Here is a pre 1.13 guide.
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/threads/lower-kurast-lk-faq.720492/
    Not relevant for the drops, but some good advice.

3. Zylo

Zylo IncGamers Member

You could always make a new sorceress. Back when I was doing LK for infinity, I made a pure Lightning sorc. She wasn't really a powerhouse until I got infinity for her, so it was a nice incentive to keep plugging away.

4. Gripphon

Gripphon IncGamers Member

Sorry to disappoint you, but assassin will never be sorc when it comes to efficiency of running. I know for fact that 200 fcr sorc can run LK in sub 20 seconds (even if you collect gems), and no other char can do that. Telekinesis is just too strong that you can open chests and waypoint from distance with it. That and fcr breakpoints is what makes sorc so godly.

5. Cyrax

Cyrax IncGamers Member

You should not be running LK at all right now. There's an RFO going on!

My preferred LK runner is 200 FCR barb. No telekinesis, but much sturdier and howl to get monsters away from chests.

pharphis likes this.
  6. srrw

srrw IncGamers Member

Tips:

- /p7 all the way
    - make a new sorc, it's much faster; 105fcr is good enough, 200fcr is slightly better
    - roll a circular map so WP > Chests > Back to WP > Act IV > S&E
    - (personal experience) I had 3 times more Bers dropped from bodies rather then Superchests, if you have any inside the huts/next to WP/on running path it doesn't take more than 2 secs a run to pop them. From my experience it's worth it.
    - (Grip does this, I'm not that deep into efficiency) Pick up only Charms/Jewels/Circlets/Rare Rings/Gems/Runes, when full just move everything in a GoMule stash and continue running. When you're done check what's worth saving and delete the rest. This will definitely drop the run times sub-20 seconds including muling. (Only use Inventory, don't stash anything in-game)
    - Watch TV shows/movies/streams while you're running, it seems fun now but it gets boring quickly :p

GL and gieb runes!

Last edited: May 26, 2015
    Zenigma, BBS_Agonistes and pharphis like this.
  7. Dazliare

Dazliare IncGamers Member

Listen to SRRW and Grip. Make a sorc and do this with teleport. With a good map, you can get sub 20s (I averaged 18s per run when I was running LK for Enigma), and you don't need 200 FCR for it.

8. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

Ya, but you need 200 fcr to live life to its fullest.

Zenigma likes this.
  9. japanzaman

japanzaman IncGamers Member

I did some LK runs with an Assassin because I was playing HC wanted to build the character entirely from scratch, self found. If you are playing as an Assassin for this reason, then that's okay but if you are just trying to run LK more efficiently then you need to be using a sorc as your times will be on average 10~15 seconds faster on a decent map.

For a Sorc just get a Wizard Spike, Spirit, FCR rings/amulets, Arach's, and Vipermagi and you'll be rocking.

For an Assassin, you're gear sounds good enough but you'll need an almost godly map with perfect linear alignment and enemy positioning (no packs in the huts) to make it work. Also check the breakpoints for FRW and see if you can hit the next break point with some FRW charms or by pumping BoS a little. An extra boost can make a difference over the course of thousands of runs.

For Enigma, you are likely looking at a range of 4K~5K runs at P7 unless you are lucky. Surs drop about 1/900 rate and will drop more than Lo and Ohm, so you will likely be getting your Ber runes from cubing those. You could always get lucky and get a Ber to drop, but I never got one in any of my 5k runs with my Assassin.

But let's assume you can get 30 sec per run (pretty fast for a trapper). Compared to a fully optimized sorc over 5k runs you will end up taking an extra 1250 minutes or about 21 hours. If you have a sorc in Hell and ready to respec and equip, you should just use that character. If you don't have a sorc ready to run, then maybe just stick with your Assassin, but only if you can keep the runs in the low 30 sec range. If you want both Infinity and Enigma, you'll probably need to run on the order of 8k-10k, which means making a sorc is the better idea.

AntAnkh and BBS_Agonistes like this.
  10. bondcho

bondcho IncGamers Member

If you play vanilla barbarian is best LK runner because he could use 2 weapons(no spirit shield, barb fcr == sorc fcr) to hit 200 fcr break point , plus he could run faster, has more life and mana and clear the screen from mobs BUT you need enigma.

11. GooberGrape

GooberGrape IncGamers Member

My vote is stick with the assassin. Sure a sorceress will do faster runs, but it also takes time to build up a new character...time you could simply spend doing runs with the assassin. You'll likely have your Enigma in the time it would take to level up a new sorc from scratch.

12. Ergroilnin

Holy molly! My first ever HR of this caliber. I am pretty lucky I guess since I couldn't do more than 250 runs.

[​IMG]

13. japanzaman

japanzaman IncGamers Member

Nice find! They're actually not as rare as you might think- obviously still pretty rare but you'll see them from time to time if you stick to it. Just 5 more and you are in the promised land!

14. Ergroilnin

Just got my second Sur! I didn't have enough time to screen it though since there was a boss pack in the hut but damn, this is my very first Ber EVER. Only 4 more Surs and I got myself an enigma, something I never even thought I could have. I love LK.

15. Naturallog

Naturallog IncGamers Member

HRs have gotten a lot easier with the 1.13 drop rates. You might try Travincal as well once you get some gear. If you have a good WW Barb you can chew through Trav in no time at all. I find Travincal more satisfying than LK chests, probably because I'm killing stuff instead of just popping chests.

16. Ergroilnin

The LK has been really good to me so far. I must be on the lucky/very lucky side since I've been "running" LK for three days now (about ten hours total so nowhere intense running) and so far I got 2 Surs, 1 Lo, 1 Gul, 2 Puls, 2 Mals and many skillers and other nice charms/jewels. This place feels almost cheesy to me since I am used to low to non existend drops of pre 1.13 but I am more than willing to get use to this :D And just now I got this too:

[​IMG]

TBH I am really surprised about how high the chance of getting high runes and other goodies is. If i am not looking for specific rune and just take the high-mid - high runes, it's about 30 in 65535 which is not bad considering how fast the runs are and that there are 6 chests per run.

Atratees likes this.
  17. GooberGrape

GooberGrape IncGamers Member

Good job! You've definitely got the right attitude for LK running, just take it as it comes and enjoy the ride.

Atratees likes this.
  18. Ergroilnin

I cannot believe this! I saw something I never though of seeing to actually drop!

[​IMG]

I love LK so much, it will be almost hard to normally play the game when I get my RWs :D I just love to see the good drops.

zticazzy and Atratees like this.
  19. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

How many runs are you doing? Congrats on the drops, but they are generally not the most common item... In my experience, there are still 'droughts' where you find nothing of value for several hundred runs, but people generally only post their good drops, and not the significant time/droughts between good drops. Are you on a very lucky streak, or just running LK hard at the moment?

Please check and update the 1.13 LK running thread as well, and compare your finds with those established. These are probably pre-discovered drop patterns, but there's a slim chance they could be new.

Again, congrats on the drops, and hope this luck continues for you.

20. Gripphon

Gripphon IncGamers Member

Welcome to 1.13 where runes are not so rare anymore, with exception of Zod which is the only big fish among runes.