Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

LK runner Q's

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by TemplarRoadkill, Jul 10, 2010.

1. TemplarRoadkill

TemplarRoadkill IncGamers Member

LK runner Q's

I have tried to get some maps with 3 campfire but after a 30 map swapping i gave up as i founded one with 2 campfire right next to waypoint

Question are:
    -is it even possible to get 3 campfire in same map?
    -would it still better to keep my 2 camp near WP instead of 3 scattered around map?

I just use my sorc to tele around the chests. 315 MF and /p8

I just started to give a 1k run up and after 155 runs ive already got:
    - 1 Vex
    - 1 sparkling skiller
    - 1 acrobat skiller
    - a very nice 10max72ar27life large charm
    + i pick usually all flawless gems up and got over 20 pgms

run speed average of 25sec for those 6 chests

2. Nepenthe

Nepenthe IncGamers Member

Re: LK runner Q's

LK map can spawn with 2 campfires max.
    Check this guide out for more info.
    Good luck popping the chests!

3. Greebo

Greebo IncGamers Member

MF is useless.

Let me elaborate a little. The chests pop all magic or all rare, with chances of either independent of MF. If you're killing monsters (in which case MF would matter), you're doing it wrong.

--Greebo

4. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod IncGamers Member

You're doing it just fine except lose the MF. Set players to 7 on the first run. Its up to you which equiptment and merc you choose to assist you. Don't forget you can also get some nice craftable gear here too. Some people re-roll ilvl 45 grand charms while they are running so as not to have the stash fill up with perfect gems. Having a harmony bow on switch for running across the dock will speed you up a bit. There IS a lot of riches in these chests. You will only get 2 camps in 1 LK so you've done well. :thumbup:

5. xxnothing

xxnothing IncGamers Member

Just a note... I have well over a thousand LK runs under my Sorceress' belt (not counting however many runs with other characters as well), and have yet to find anything higher than an Um from the special chests.
    I have however found a Zod, Ber, Ist, Vex and Mal from random logs, chests and monsters that I hit on the way to or from the chests.
    Two Tal's armors and sundry other useful items also came from LK monsters that I decided to kill on my way through.

So the statement "You're doing it wrong" is relative to goals. If your goal is to ONLY pop the special chests as quickly as possible, then yeah, I'm doing it wrong. But to be honest the extra few seconds per run killing bosspacks that spawned in or near the huts and popping other chest/logs/etc along the route has paid off quite well for me.

To the OP: Decide what YOUR goal is and then decide what "doing it wrong" means to you.
    Speed and chests only? MF is not needed. If you can for example drop some MF for FCR to tele faster, then consider that. If you do kill the odd beastie along the way, then by all means keep some MF on!

6. TemplarRoadkill

Na i go for the chests yes but now as i count between the camps i pop: 3 laying corpse 3 sittin corpse 2 skellies 2 logs and random chests and stashs which spawns everytime at different places! anyway founded now at run #274 1 more skiller (barb) 2 Um and a bunch of Sol runes.. alsoa specific skellie have dropped me 3 uniques

Oh and btw the Vex was from a special chest :)

According to this thread you cant get a Zod in act 3 if i read it correctly..

7. xxnothing

Can't get a Zod from a chest I believe, but you CAN from a monster.
    Find with screenshots reported here.

8. Darkwell

Darkwell IncGamers Member

lvl 82 and up mobs anywhere can drop a zod. The Champion mobs in lk are lvl 83 as I recall.

9. TemplarRoadkill

Yea thats what i ment as we were talkjin about chests :) anyway did your herth missed few strokes when it dropped? :)

10. xxnothing

Oh heck yes. I had never in 10 years of playing D2 seen a Zod (except for on BNET which doesn't count in my opinion). I nearly hammered my Prt Scrn key right through the keyboard. :)

11. TemplarRoadkill

Been running past 700 lk runs now and i think my luck just turned.. althou got like 50 pgms, got only a fal rune since 2 Ums before 300.. so already got a Vex from under 150 and i need another one so i can cube it up to make my a CTA!

anyway read on a post above abotu running on /p3-4 for chences on a Ber but.. sooo boring as at /p3 doesnt drop so many items on supercests.. you thing that while om playing on/p8 i got chances to get a Ber?

anyway..
    ..must... keep... teleporting..

12. TemplarRoadkill

Ran ALL night, non stop without counting bathroom and coffee breaks and LOL! or should i say Lo & Lo !!!! before hitting run 1300 found 2 x Lo in a range of 10 games or so :)

Question is: i vead some people running 500 run without seeing anything higher than Gul and ive couped already 2 Lo 1 Vex and other lower runes, statistically i should probably stopp here as the next 10000 runs might be empty!!

Then :how the heck you guys can run like 17000 run?? im so full of runnin LK and ive not even hit 2000.. gotta keep some time off and maybe finish my trav runner.. i know its extremely profittable doin those chest runs but cmon :)

/cheers TRK

13. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot IncGamers Member

Out of curiosity, do the super chests in UK have the same drop possibilities? I have a decent LK map, and I noticed that in UK there are also super chests nearby that WP. Is LK only favored because it can have two campfires, or do all Act III superchests have the same drop possibilities?

14. jjscud

jjscud IncGamers Member

All act 3 special chests have the same drop possibilities. Beyond that, its all about time, or at least it used to be. If you are only hitting the chests then you should be shooting for 4-5 seconds a chest (24-30 second runs), if you can hit the UK chest with only adding on 5 seconds then its probably worth it, if not then its probably not.

"Beyond that, its all about time, or at least it used to be."... Of course, the special chest only logic was much more applicable pre-1.13, with 1.13 you can afford to kill monsters and hit other objects, as long as you're not too slow about it, its really a matter of preference now.

15. TemplarRoadkill

i changed my strategy later this morning, i tried to do 150 runs with a map with 2 campfire, im trying to change the map every 100 runs so it doestn get too boring :)

anyway now ive done 135-145 ( forgot to mark few runs not sure which is which :p ) and the major change in my runs is that now i take about 15 chests (6 super + 9 regular) and a mix of 10 body/log/stash along the way..

1 run last about a minute or so 1m15s and got following runes:
    Gul
    Mal
    Um
    2x Pul
    2 new skiller and a 9/75/23 sharp of sust GC

yes it takes like 2-3 times longer but i think its more profitable this way.. i got more runes in 150 runs that in 300+ last night (exept the Lo runes)!