LK /p3-4 Superchest Drops (The Search for Lo Is Over) ifra

Phosheez

Diabloii.Net Member
LK /p3-4 Superchest Drops (The Search for Lo Is Over)

That's right folks. The thread title says it all. Lo can be found on /p3 in LK from the superchests. After discovering that Ohm and Gul could be found in LK during the /p5 LK tourney I hosted a while back I was still curious if Lo was a possibility from supers. I dropped down to p3 out of sheer boredom and after about 400 runs the Lo dropped. I decided to start this thread because I'm sure there will be probably now be a flood of people running LK on p3 for that Lo and it would be nice to know what else is available and the item combinations that go along with them. A couple things first:
1-Shots/combinations from runs on /p3-4 only.
2-Supers only.
3-Good luck to everyone looking for a Lo, now the search should be significantly reduced, at least statistically speaking it should be.
For all those running on the other settings you can find them at the following places:
Players 5-6 : Ohm/Gul
Players 7-8 : Ber/Sur/Vex
Do I dare ask if anyone will try on p1? I doubt it, it seems I was the only one crazy enough to try on anything other than p7-8 in the first place. Here's the table:
Code:
[B]Rune Item#1              Item#2              Item#3              Item#4              Poster[/B]
[B]Io[/B]
-

[B]Lum[/B]
-

[B]Ko[/B]
-

[B]Fal[/B]
-

[B]Lem[/B]
-

[B]Pul[/B]
-

[B]Um[/B]
-

[B]Mal[/B]
-

[B]Ist[/B]
-

[B]Gul[/B]
-

[B]Vex[/B]
-

[B]Ohm[/B]
-

[B]Lo[/B]
-     Balanced Axe								     Phosheez

[B]Sur[/B]
-

[B]Ber[/B]
-
Lo Rune

Helx

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: LK /p3-4 Superchest Drops (The Search for Lo Is Over)

Nice job! I tried on /p3 a few times tonight, but plan on getting serious about it tomorrow.

:thumbsup:

Grisu

Diabloii.Net Member

Nice! I might try /p3 sometime, but first I need to get my hands on some Bers:grin:

Oh, about the /p1: I don't know if the drops for superchests changed since 1.07, but there's a bunch of 1.07 players (me included) who run LK at /p1 all the time...if I ever find a high rune there, I for sure let everyone know! But I have to get my sorc to Hell LK in the first place...:rolleyes:

Neksja

Diabloii.Net Member

thanks for this Phosheez. Now I can start to kill myself trying to find that rune. I promise, I will find that one :angry:

Neksja

Antonio

Diabloii.Net Member

Grats on the rune Phosheez :thumbsup:
I have an ongoing project of doing 5k p7 and 5k p5 lk runs, but now I'm considering to squeeze in 5k p3 runs too :laugh:

Oh, about the /p1: I don't know if the drops for superchests changed since 1.07, but there's a bunch of 1.07 players (me included) who run LK at /p1 all the time...
It can:
http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?p=6222224#post6222224

Reborn2k

Diabloii.Net Member

Damn you, Phosheez! You almost activated my D2 addiction again... After ~2.5 months of not playing (well, playing something else ^^) I feel like doing so again. Doh, must... resist... :smiley:

vorkul

Diabloii.Net Member

P/3 also drops LUM's and UM's. Was too lazy to take note of the other piles, sorry.

Plz fix my screenshots, now they're red blur...

The hunt is on!

buraz

Diabloii.Net Member

Nice, just the answer I was wondering: on what player setting shall I run superchests?
thanx :thumbsup:

WailingDoom

Diabloii.Net Member

Buraz - depends on what runes your after. Either way it "should" take quite a few runs to get the rune you want.

vorkul

Diabloii.Net Member

Been running a couple of days on p3 now, nothing above UM... yet!

dune6836

Diabloii.Net Member

good work there. and gratz on the Lo. are we saying that the odds are the same for Lo runes as the ber here? or better/ worse odds? anyway its good to know. thanks:)

buraz

Diabloii.Net Member

Buraz - depends on what runes your after. Either way it "should" take quite a few runs to get the rune you want.
eh. My plan is to find my first hhigh rune. When I get it then i will think what to do with it :azn:. Anyway, I want a thing to do to break out boringness of AT running, so poping out this chests will be it.
So far I run AT on p8, and leave it that way while poping chests. When I gain level I might go for something else.

buraz

Diabloii.Net Member

good work there. and gratz on the Lo. are we saying that the odds are the same for Lo runes as the ber here? or better/ worse odds? anyway its good to know. thanks:)
Yea, that`s the thing i would want to know, where do you get better chances in finding runes?

diabloegghead

Diabloii.Net Member

not to sound like a noob, ok i am a noob, But Im not really following. What does LK stand for and how about p3-4? and i need runes so id like to do these runs you guys talk about. Plz hlp with some info plz.

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member

Yea, that`s the thing i would want to know, where do you get better chances in finding runes?
Currently, they are as good as finding a Ber rune at P8 (1 known seed out of 65k possible ones).

Grisu

Diabloii.Net Member

not to sound like a noob, ok i am a noob, But Im not really following. What does LK stand for and how about p3-4? and i need runes so id like to do these runs you guys talk about. Plz hlp with some info plz.
LK = Lower Kurast. It's famous for its super chests, that can drop high runes with very good odds compared to normal monster drops. You can easily make out which chests are the super chests by locating the bonfire(s) in LK. There can be a maximum of 2 bonfires on one map, and to the left of each one is a hut with 2 chests in it and above it is another hut with 1 chest and a weapon rack. All those chests are so-called super chests that drop 95% magical items and 5% rares and the beforementioned high runes from time to time.

p3-4 means the player setting is 3 or 4 players. In Single Player you can use the /players X command to simulate more players, and player setting does affect chest drops.

What phossez discovered is that at different player settings different high runes can drop from those chests - it's Lo and Mal for p3-4, Ohm and Gul for p5-6 and Vex, Sur, Ber for p7-8.

EDIT: oh, about the odds: the chests have approx. 65k possible different drops and until now, for Ber, Sur, Lo and Ohm only 1 pattern of drops is known, which means you always get the same accompanying items when popping one of those runes.
The chance for Ber/Sur/Lo/Ohm to drop is therefore 1:65k, which means roughly 11k LK runs for one high rune on average.

skunkbelly

Diabloii.Net Member

The chance for Ber/Sur/Lo/Ohm to drop is therefore 1:65k, which means roughly 11k LK runs for one high rune on average.
No, that's incorrect. The chance is 1:65K per chest. With a two campfire map, you are looking at 6 superchests per run... so about 1:11K for each of those runes. But since there are three that can drop (Ber, Sur, Vex on P8), that's 1:3.7K for finding any HR (it is 1:11K for finding a specific rune, though).

Grisu

Diabloii.Net Member

No, that's incorrect. The chance is 1:65K per chest. With a two campfire map, you are looking at 6 superchests per run... so about 1:11K for each of those runes. But since there are three that can drop (Ber, Sur, Vex on P8), that's 1:3.7K for finding any HR (it is 1:11K for finding a specific rune, though).
Yeah, that's what I meant. Forgot to add "for one specific high rune" - then you'll need approx. 11k runs like I said. Of course, if you don't care what kind of high rune you get, the chance is 1:3.7k :smiley: