Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

LK and Pindle results...mine stink!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by lpblasch, Oct 1, 2006.

1. lpblasch

lpblasch IncGamers Member

LK and Pindle results...mine stink!

Running LK on p8, with 2 campfires: after hundreds of runs, I SOMETIMES get an El or ETH, and nothing higher than ral/tal/ort to date. If I wasn't told that LK is a source of decent runes, I'd think it was any normal place in the game. I'm especially disappointed because of the recent spate of BER drops there.

Running Pindle on P3 with 250 MF, after hundreds of runs my average for uniques is 1 per 10 runs, and none of them are worth writing home about.

So, is my experience typical? Am I using the wrong settings? Are hundreds of runs not sufficient to get happy-face results? Wassup, here?

2. Corrupted

Corrupted IncGamers Member

I'd say your experience is rather typical, jung hang in there and it'll come eventually :badteeth:

3. Suiling

Suiling Banned

It's something like.. The more you do the runs in those area, the more you will find it good. Stay patience and keep running, slowly you will get rewarded.

I'm doing my tunnel slowly also. I gotall my MF eq up. So that's means no Trang, also no resistance. All my resist were negative. Still i survive there better than full Trangs in WSK (no death at tunnel with negative resistance at all). p8 is ok, but i guess you stick to p1 better. I read about Urlik's guide. Most of the maths done by him show that most area have beneficial to be run at p1.

4. Delreich

Delreich IncGamers Member

When running (super-)uniques (like pindle) and champions, players setting doesn't affect drops, they always drop one item (two if superunique) and some potions.

5. Moar

Moar IncGamers Site Pal

I've started LK runs today, just to see what the lastest hype is all about.
    So far, I've done 300 runs with only one campfire (I want to keep the map for AT). My drops have been average. I think I got about 5-6 Sols, 4 Shaels, 3 Hels, 2 Lum (? the lowest rune starting with L, can never remember) and some Amns and a Dol. I don't pick up anything under Amn.
    A lot of those runes came from corpses/stashes which are close to the WP or the campfire.
    I also got RRM just for that, so that I wouldn't miss them. There's a lot of stuff dropping from those chests.

I run Pindle with double the MF on P1. The players setting only affects his minions. Pindle always dropps the same.
    If you get 1 S/U in 10 runs you are doing quite ok. He doesn't drop much. Read Hrus' MF guide. He gives the exact odds. If I recall correctly it is 1 EU in about 50 runs and 1 TC87 in about 1000.
    Patience is the key to Pindle's treasures. :smiley:

6. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

This is pretty typical ... maybe you're a bit unlucky though.

The other thing about LK runs is that if you clear the level popping logs, skeletons, buckets and such you should pick up some good uniques, charms flawless gems and good jewels along the way. Yesterday I popped an Atma's Scarab and awhile back I popped a HoZ just for starters.

Just keep at it and hopefully your luck will change.

7. lpblasch

lpblasch IncGamers Member

Okay, I've been doing ONLY the six chests, and nothing else, in LK. I thought the idea ws to get in and out quickly in order to get a lot of runs done. I'll hang around and expand the search on each run.

8. trihero

trihero IncGamers Member

I hear you lplblasch! My drops suck too and even when I do get something like nice verdungo's it's always towards the bottom end of the drop :cry:

9. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

Just be patient, something will drop for you eventually. I did hundreds of pindle and LK runs without getting anything but they paid off in the end. I must have done about 500+ LK runs in which time I've only found 2 good runes (Pul and Ber) so just keep on trying. I know I have beaten the odds to find a Ber this quickly but just keep at it and you will be rewarded.

The way I look at LK is it is an amazing place to gather lots of jewels, flawless gems and charms and the runes end up being bonuses. I also recommend hitting all the chests, skeletons, dead bodies and racks. You will find the racks up end dropping similar types of items - on my map I get Scourges and Cryptic Axes quite frequently so hopefully I'll get a nice unique from there also at some point.

10. Phosheez

Phosheez IncGamers Member

Yup, just keep at it. Ive gotten a stormshield, frostwind, lots of jewels, charms, etc. from LK. You'll get the runes eventually it just takes a bunch of patience. Unfortunately I have lousy racks, the base items are for stuff that have bunches of already. You could always reroll your map if you arent satisfied with the one you have.