Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Little story for the faint of heart

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by chaca, Mar 24, 2005.

1. chaca

chaca IncGamers Member

Little story for the faint of heart

Well, as we all know the D2 gods can be very frustrating at times. I have started several characters over the past couple of weeks and usually got to an excited state when I reached the Hell Forge. However, after my first ladder Hell Forge of Gul I must have done something to anger the gods of D2. For they turned their will of luck against me and I proceeded to obtain numerous Lums and Lems from my various Hell Forges.

However after character after character of disappointment I chanced upon a +3 skill Grand Matron Bow. As my luck would have it, it was unsocketed. Talk about kissing your sister. Well, I thought what do I have to lose. I only have a 1 in 6 chance of rolling 4 sockets, but if I do I can make that faith bow for my strafer that I've been wanting. So as I mule the amethyst ral and amn I can't help but thinking that I will have to create a hell game so I can get the most gold for the bow when I sell it to Charsi.

Seeing as my luck has been less than good lately, I nonchalantly slap the transmuting ingredients into the cube. A right click brings me into the final stage before I depress the transmute button. I think "what the hell, why not" and transmute. I take a short breath before I mouse over the newly transmutted bow to see the results. slowly my cursor moves up and to the left. As I mouse over the bow the stat window pops up.

+3 to bow and crossbow skills (amazon only)
    socketed (4)

AAAAAHHHHHHH. What Luck! well now its back to 2-3 months of 1 tp drops from meph and lum-lem Hell forge drops. Anyway, just wanted to share the highpoint of my day with all of you. Hope your luck is as good as mine today.

-chaca

2. Bakerking31

Bakerking31 IncGamers Member

lol nice story, i got 2 of those bows that im too scared / dont have the runes to do the socket recipie to. I really should just do it, but ur right, i should do it in hell for when it ends up with 1-2 sockets so i can sell it for gold lol

3. chaca

chaca IncGamers Member

if you are on useast i can give you the runes, i just want to be there when you roll them. ( totally like gambling)

4. Bionic

Bionic IncGamers Member

OMG, we have like the same good/bad luck. Ive been getting the worst drops from Hell forge for the longest time now. Can you believe 5 HELs in a row? geez. So I find the +3 GMB in cows, cube it and get 4 sockets. YES. Made a quick trade for a JAH (had the OHM) and I got a 15/3/2 Faith. Perfect. Its on my best zon ever.

5. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

OMG LOL... guess what? well i wanted to do 100 countess runs and try to record down all the runes she dropped... and see what runes i could cube up to/get... well on my way there... nothing much... at lvl 5... there was this stupid fanat cursed dark ranger boss... well i ported over my merc died instantly lol... and i owned her... and proceede to killing countess... she dropped ral/eld and one of her minions dropped EL!!! WOW... meh lol j/k... i was about to leave the game... when this fallen came over to hit me... i killed him and he dropped a rare orb which i went over to pick up... then i saw... this plain GMB on the floor... picked it up and i saw:

Grand Matron Bow
    Two-Hand Damage: 14 to 72
    [Amazon Only]
    Required Dexterity: 152
    Required Strength: 108
    Required Level: 58
    Bow Class - Normal Attack Speed
    +3 to Bow and Crossbow Skills [ Amazon Only ]

i was like omg and i went around messaging my friends... oman they were new to d2 so they din understand at all...

w/e i muled the stuff over and i was like so tense... i clicked the transmute button... stared at the screen... lol i put a wrong rune into the cube[anti-climax] well i put my ral in and took the eld out... and pressed transmute again... i stared at the screen for a while.. the ral/amn/pamethyst were gone... well i moved my mouse over and i say 4 circles in the middle of the bow in a straight line... hah! thats my first gmb EVER! well... heres my stupid story anyway... well the moral of the story is... check the floor for items everywhere before u leave the game or u might miss such a good opportunity... =D