Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Little help with my Zealer

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Z-Suijin, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Z-Suijin

Z-Suijin IncGamers Member

Little help with my Zealer

OK here he is:
    Level 82

Weapon: "Death" Zerker Axe
    Armour: "CoH" Archon plate
    Shield: "Exile" 43 All res. Sacred Rondache
    Helm: Guillaume's Face
    Gloves: Laying of Hands
    Belt: Nosferatu's Coil
    Boots: Gore Riders
    Ring1:Raven
    Ring2: TBD (just a rare one i found right now)
    Amu: Highlords Wrath

Stats:
    Str:156
    Dex:206
    Vit:195
    Eng:base

Res:
    F-80
    C-38
    L-73
    P-44

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Z-Suijin

2. TheBhoy

TheBhoy IncGamers Member

Is that dex with all + from equip and charms? If so Ok, if not too high. By far.

I personally prefer dracs with um'd HOZ due to higher resists and grief PB. Also, the belt i use is T-gods as you can walk thru Gloams in WSK laughing at them while everyone is getting their whooppies kicked.

The dex should be as little as you need to get 75% CtB

I would find the equation but I'm lazy. Its in one of my threads including how to calc dex directly

Hope this helps

3. Arutha

Arutha IncGamers Member

I only see 50% ias with that gear, so if there isn't anything in that g face I would throw a 15%ias + some other mod jewel in there to reach that last zeal break point.

4. Z-Suijin

Yes that is my dex with items (i am at work so cant check w/o items).
    No there is nothing in my G Face thx for the suggestion i might do that.

I am NL so a grief is pretty much out of the question (unless i dismantel my zon to trade for it) which is why i have the "death" Zerker and "Exile" SR.

I dont have an anni or torch so i might try and get one of those (or both) to improve my res.

thx for your input guys

Z-Suijin

5. [exile]

[exile] IncGamers Member

I say stick with Death even if you had a Grief, just because it's cool. :grin:

Personally I always wanted to make a Zealot with my Death, just never got around to actually doing it. Always stuck in the planning process.

Anyway, as Arutha said, make sure you hit 60%IAS to get the breakpoint. Personally when I planned out my setups, I opted LoH+Highlord's+Andariel's, but your current setup with a jeweled Guillaume's would work just as well. If you go with my setup you can swap in TGod's for some nice absorbing.

Your setup seems fine, are there any particular suggestions you were looking for? If you're looking for a PvP setup maybe, you can check kingdryland's One-Pont Smiter Guide, he and I went through a pretty lengthy discussion of possible high DR / 4fpa setups built around Death BA in the first couple of pages.

6. Z-Suijin

Actually I do have a few questions, I hear about guys with 40k def, how do they do this?

Also my res. feel like they sould be higher with my paladin and I dont know why they are not all maxed. I should brabably just invest in a anni and try to get some keys and try to find myself a pally torch (crosses fingers)

Z-Suijin

7. HCKull

HCKull IncGamers Member

Are your resists all negative ?

Res:
    F-80
    C-38
    L-73
    P-44

8. kohlman

kohlman IncGamers Member

The defense is acquired through exile and a high level of holy shield and possibly defiance as a synergy. I do not have 40K def but I have about 24k with exile and holy shield. This is with 1400 def armor, 950 def exile, 350ish andys helm, gores, verdungos, and dracs.

P.S. if you have death on non-ladder. keep it. Its awesome and everyone wants grief, therefore they are actually not as hard to get as a death on non-ladder

9. Z-Suijin

No sry they are all possative, the - is just there becuase, well i dont know why it is there but ya.

Also i use Exile and have max HS and still only have ~17k def. and i also have ~8pts in defieance, I guess the armour that I use as it is not as high defence as it could be.

Z-Suijin

10. kohlman

kohlman IncGamers Member

how high is your defense on your armor/shield?

11. Arutha

Arutha IncGamers Member

About your defense coh isn't exactly a high defense armor, and a vortex exile with have a much higher def than that SR (cubed vortex exiles can get a little over 1800 def). If you would use a high defense armor (eth valor, eth up'd shaft, ect) or even a 1700 def levi or 1600 def fort and use a cube vortex exile your defense would go up alot. One of my zealers uses a levi the other uses a eth up'd shaft they both use vortex exiles and reach 50k def. HOWEVER they are for melee only duels and their resistances are horrible they still do fine in pvm since they cast tap but they wouldn't do well against souls. That being said I don't think your gonna be needing 50k or even 40k in pvm, but if you did want to try out some different armors you could always try useing a kiras guardian to replace the loss of resistances without coh, just a thought.

12. Frozen Orb

Frozen Orb Banned

this thread makes me laugh since i play single player. I wish i had your gear, and its still funny, even after all of that, you are still asking for help.

13. Botadio

Botadio IncGamers Member

Good point.

14. hardnfast

hardnfast IncGamers Member

As previously said you dont need high defense in pvm, My shapeshift druid has 2.3k defense and he gets along fine.

15. Z-Suijin

I was not so much looking for help, more so I was looking to improve my paladin. I do have good gear, but haveing all the best gear in the game will not help me if I do not know how to use it properly.

I was mealy looking for suggestions on how to improve my character from people who know alot more then I about paladins.

Thx

Z-Suijin

16. Frozen Orb

Frozen Orb Banned

I was by no means poking fun at the thread or your need for suggestions on improvement. It was just funny to me to see such great equipment in a thread titled "help my paladin". anyways good luck with the suggestions and may he improve.