little help with my vita nec?

jidash

Diabloii.Net Member
little help with my vita nec?

Hi,
I'm quite new with playing D2 online,so I would appreciate some help :)
I know there is a lot of guides out there,but to be honest,everyone says something different,not to mention vita/mb argues,so I've decided to use basic logic and make my own build.

Here is what I got so far:
lvl 95
Hoto ofc
Enigma dusk
spirit monarch 35 fcr
arach
perf treks
bloodfist (for +40 life)
mara 30
diadem +2 necro,20 fcr,5 dr,20 str,68 mana.. jahjah
bul kathos
fcr ring with life (32 only) and some res
torch 20/20
20/17 anni
9x PnB skiller + 40,
10x +20life sc with single res

cta flail 6/6/2 + rand spirit..

with this eq,i got 3696 life with bo (i think not much for vita),887 mana(enough for me),5370 spirit,5405 spear,125 fcr,more than 86 fhr,[email protected]

now another option i see (and i was told to use) is shako with jah,2x fcr rings (must have @ res and life,hard to find,expensive),some great amu with fcr (i got just venomous +3 PnB 10 fcr)..but the problem is that if i take down kathos and mara,thats -3 to BO (-1 with shako)..so from my point of view,first setup gives me more life(because of BO,bulkathos - i tried that) and I got problems with res. dmg stays,coz +3PnB is the same as mara + kathos
...and I'd have to use 20life @res scs (really expensive)

SO,as I told before,I'm quite noob = I don't know all the options and items..Is there anything,that could give me some life boost?exept getting better skillers ofc :D I can't spend much more right now,so please don't tell me to buy better diadem or some godly rings or whatever :D

also,I was told I need 50% dr,but i don't understand that at all (how to achive that with this eq)

If u have any sugestions,PLEASE help me :D
Thanks a lot :wave:

skullvomit

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: little help with my vita nec?

Well, easiest thing to do is to cast Oak from your hoto.

50% dr is for the (mb) build using Stormshield, Verdungo's. So no achieving without loss of FCR. Just stay away from melee and block arrows with bone walls.

quickA

Diabloii.Net Member

Its a shame not to use more setups vs different chars on a vita necro.Since it has this possibility.A max block build hardly can stack some resistances , have a decent damage , reach the fhr breapoint.Not to mention it requires ultra expensive rares to be able no to lose too much life in the process.

All around

Coa (res , dr , 30 fhr , 2 sockets to play with)
Enigma ( pretty obvious)
Hoto (pretty obvious again)
Trangs ( you need the 20 fcr on gloves )
Verdungo (up to 15 dr , 10 fhr , up to 40 vitality)
Spirit monarch (no shield can compete with this , 2 skills , a few resists , mass mana , 55 fhr)
Aldurs boots ( 40 frw , fire res to make up for spirit , 50 boable life)

Now the tricky part
2 necro 20 fcr crafted amulet (stay away from mara's . its just not as good)
10 fcr ring ( to reach 125 fcr breakpoint)
one free ring slot - soj , wisp , dwarf (very important to be able to have this vs certain matchups )

125 fcr / 86 fhr , ability to stack resists , max dr , nice damage.

Stacking ( wizzy , kira's)
Necro vs necro / hammerdin setup

3 pb 20 fcr 2 sockets diadem (jah jah)
White wand
Bloodfists ( 40 life , 30 fhr , just wow )
Spirit monarch
Arachnid
Aldurs boots
Fcr ring
Soj
3 pb 100 life amulet

This allows u to have the most life and damage.

There are still many to talk about , but too lazy atm :)

jidash

Diabloii.Net Member

Well, easiest thing to do is to cast Oak from your hoto.

50% dr is for the (mb) build using Stormshield, Verdungo's. So no achieving without loss of FCR. Just stay away from melee and block arrows with bone walls.
I use oak ofc..thought that was obvious...but thx

angryteen

Diabloii.Net Member

For a starter vita nec, i think the best budget all round functional setup which isnt far from what you currently have is this(other than the one quickA suggested):

Weap: HOTO
Helm: Shako(ber)
Armor: Enigma
Belt: Verdungoes(15dr)
Gloves: Trang gloves
Ammy: 2 Necro/ 20fcr
Shield: Spirit (35fcr)
Ring 1: 10 fcr ring
Ring 2: SOJ/BK/Sorb ring
Boots: Treks
Inv: 1x 5fhr sc, rest skillers res/ life scs

you only need to get a 2/20 nec ammy and verdungoes.

This will net you 41dr, 125fcr and 86fhr and decent resists.

No you do not need 50dr on your nec. When you play a nec you must think evasion, not tanking hits. Whether you have 8dr or 50dr when you get ww-ed/ caught in a bunch of GAs/nadoed you are screwed the same. For the same reason, unless you make your necro for regular teampk use against zon teams, stay away from max block as well.

Well necs are frail in terms of life etc no matter what you do. The best that you can do is to make sure you have a full set of skill/life gcs and res/life scs, and make sure there are life mods on all rare items.

But even then, you are not made to take hits. Learn to keep bone armor up all the time and walk/ evade. And learn to kill them before they kill you. Learn not to rely on your life. You are not a smiter :p

Because of this same reason I personally I hate HOTO builds on necs, imo damage is king on necros. I prefer to keep my White wand on all builds :D

elationtheory

Diabloii.Net Member

i came into this thread because my pally sense tingled. someone mentioned a smiter. necs are an ez slam on smiter btw. =x

TheGoD

Diabloii.Net Member

i'm using this setup
COA with 2 shael
2 necro/20fcr amulet with 50 life
10 fcr/20 life/4str/all res 11 ring
soj
hoto
spirit 35 fcr
vendurgo 40/14
trek
trangoul's gloves

i have 125 fcr/186 fhr/ 3.5k life (with oak )
:thumbup:

elationtheory

Diabloii.Net Member

i'm using this setup
COA with 2 shael
2 necro/20fcr amulet with 50 life
10 fcr/20 life/4str/all res 11 ring
soj
hoto
spirit 35 fcr
vendurgo 40/14
trek
trangoul's gloves

i have 125 fcr/186 fhr/ 3.5k life (with oak )
:thumbup:
dun follow this setup.

you'll compromising too much to wear coa just to reach 186 fhr. 186 fhr is completely unnecessary. you're not supposed to tank. 186 fhr isn't going to help you since you drop in 2-3 hits (at a generous estimate).

Sass

Diabloii.Net Member

I think you're underestimating his 3.5K life and ~37 DR.

elationtheory

Diabloii.Net Member

I think you're underestimating his 3.5K life and ~37 DR.
i think you're missing the point.

other than that:

windys often reach 6k plus nados. being nice and assuming base 6k damage, factoring pvp damage nerf, that's 1.5k raw damage. after dr thats 900+ damage. with the double hit checks with nado, that's 1.8k adjusted damage. even with oak up, (which it won't be) you can absorb 2 hits with bone armor down. maybe 3 if it's up.

smite/charge pallies using grief WILL 2 hit ko you with charge, bone armor/dr or not. smite-wise, maybe 4-5?

with no block, bvcs will wreck you in 1-2 ww passes. not to mention leap gets rid of your golem/oak stack, leaving only bone armor between you and his axes.

assuming 15/30 coa, and perf res torch and anni, that build has 116 res from gear + 40 from anni torch + 50 from inv (assuming 10x5 res scs) = 206 total res.

that's 106 res in hell, with 31 res stack.

vts or tvs or mages often have 5k foh. pvp penalty gives it 1.2k damage. with conv on, your res will drop to negative. that's a 2 hit ko right there, bypassing your dr.

to cut a long story short, just maintain the standard 86 fhr. that extra life you gain may let you survive that much longer. 186 fhr doesn't help.

Sass

Diabloii.Net Member

I was going to point out something about BvCs more worrisome than smiters (FHR wise), but I saw Spirit shield. If you go for melee in mind, DR and FHR are secondary to block.

That said, 186 isn't a bad option for what you're using it against.

ambid

Diabloii.Net Member

That said, 186 isn't a bad option for what you're using it against.
Just a small note

186 isn't a fhr breakpoint for necromancers. The breakpoint after 86 is 152.

TheGoD

Diabloii.Net Member

sorry i forgot fhr breakpoint, but i'm sure my necro has reach the breakpoint after 86 :D
i use my setup against windy, assassin, bow zon... ( any physical-based character ). It's fun to see BvC keep leaping but can't delay me teleport or keep spaming spear when paladin smite me :wave:
foh or blizz, fb, etc... can easily kill me because i have low resist, vs those char i have to stack resist and use 86 fhr.
i don't like "usual" setup, i like something unique like coa with 2 shael :D