Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Little Help: I'm getting my socks rocked off in Hell

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by CoffeeRider, Nov 10, 2006.

1. CoffeeRider

CoffeeRider Diabloii.Net Member

Little Help: I'm getting my socks rocked off in Hell

Hey all,

I have an open battle.net character that is really getting her socks rocked off in Hell Mode. Her primary attack is lightning (Does about 4-4600 damage) with a frozen orb backup. The problem is there seems to be just a ton of light immunes in Hell thus far and my orb isn't of a high enough level to do beans (I think it does like 136 damage or something, forgot what level it is at). What are my options? I like the idea of equipping infinity to try and break some of the resists but I don't really ever think I'll be able to gather all the runes for it. Any other ideas?

2. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy Diabloii.Net Member

I have a question. Why do you play open, if you are planning to go all legit?

Infinity is your only/best bet to break immunities. It works beautifully in Hell with a Lightning sorc, but make sure you equip on your merc. If you can't get infinity, dual element sorc would be needed for general hell PvM'ing. Life Tap wand just isn't near as effective.

btw, is Infinity even makeable on open?

3. CoffeeRider

My friends and I usually just play TCP/IP games. I'm not sure if you can make infinity in "open" mode. I guess I'll just try and keep pumping my frozen orb and hoping for the best.

4. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Ok, then pump FO and CM.

If rebuilding is not a problem I suggest a good ole' meteorb.

5. SSoG

SSoG Diabloii.Net Member

It is if you mod your game a bit.

6. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Hmm... do you mean making a eth thresher, naming it Infinity in gold, socket the runes, and edit to all perfect infinity mods?

Or there are actual mods out there for LonlyRW's to exist in SP? I doubt that..

7. CoffeeRider

I don't want to rebuild her. I wanted to make a cold/light sorc, like the light better than fire.

Any items that do something similiar to infinity?

8. SSoG

SSoG Diabloii.Net Member

There are actual mods that enable Ladder-only RWs. It's actually not even a proper mod- it's just a matter of downloading a specific text file into a specific directory, and then adding an additional command at the end of the command line of your diablo shortcut. No installation or anything like that. Once it's in, you pop the appropriate runes into the appropriate item and you've got yourself a ladder-only runeword in SP.

If you're talking about -% enemy resists, then yes. Doom will lower enemy cold resistance, Crescent Moon or Griffon's Eye will lower enemy Lightning Resistances, and there are Rainbow Facets, too. In addition, you can get wands with charges of Lower Resistance which will be able to break immunities, although not as well as an Infinity would (it'll break most Lightning immunities, but not many cold immunities).