Lite traps have no bonus from infinity?

PheonixLeader

Diabloii.Net Member
Lite traps have no bonus from infinity?

Hi all,

It's been a long time since i did a trapper, and because i read somthing here, i don't remember..

- Does eth infinity (with his aura) make those immune lite monsters unimune to my traps, or do they still have their immune ability?

ThX

aman

Assassin Moderator
Re: Lite traps have no bonus from infinity?

Conviction will break most light immunes, helping your traps, but the -resistance infinity has will have no effect.

PheonixLeader

Diabloii.Net Member

1) So if the -res. have no effect, why my orb sorc merc wasnt heling my orbs at all (cold immunes were still immunes).

2) So, the -res. is just good for java zon and lite sorc?

aman

Assassin Moderator

1) Most cold immunes in hell have higher resistances than light immunes so convitcion wasn't able to break them so they stayed cold immune.

2) The -res will only be useful if you wear the infinity, if it's your merc it won't have any effect on your skills. -resi is good on other elemental builds as -resi doesn't work with traps.

PheonixLeader

Diabloii.Net Member

But the aura of infinity is enough strong to break 90% of those monsters in hell? Or for example, which monsters should i be aware of that wont be affect by my infinity? (my sin will be mostly pvm, so in chaos/baal/cows).

Zelator

Diabloii.Net Member

Your merc will break most LI's but you'll probably have a harder time killing them since they'll have high light res since your traps ain't affected by -res from items (for example griffons).

Kijya

Diabloii.Net Member

PheonixLeader

Diabloii.Net Member

I'm at job so I can't read alot..(lol), so can you just tell me which monsters i'll have hard time with in baal/chaos runs, if theres any. (for my ls/cs trap sin with infinity merc)

Thx btw, those thread seems great.

UberB

Diabloii.Net Member

I don't think any regular monster has an unbreakable lightning res after infinity. I still recommend a trapper with a strong fireblast as most lightning immunes that are broken still have 90ish lightning res, and you can't knock that down with facets. Basically any monster that spawns with Lightning Enchanted or Magic resistant while having innate lightning res will probably end up being unbreakable.

I think Bartuc the Bloody can (or always) spawn unbreakable LI, and I know for a fact that Lister can too. Watch out for LE burning soul packs too.

mystified

Diabloii.Net Member

act 5 WP 3 resides skellies mage types that are immune after conviction. only pally's high lv conviction can break that. these are normal monster ofc.

uniques and champions can easily have LI...

naskali

Diabloii.Net Member

I still recommend a trapper with a strong fireblast as most lightning immunes that are broken still have 90ish lightning res, and you can't knock that down with facets.
I think that as long as you are clever enough to use death senrty, you shouldnt have any problems with lightning immune monsters EVEN if they stay immune after conviction. Just make sure that there are some corpses laying around so death sentries can do their job.

Btw, i think that death sentry's corpse explosion does half physical and half fire damage so conviction will help alot by lowering the fire rez of the mobs.