Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lite Sorc Stat Allocation

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by budman, Jul 18, 2010.

1. budman

budman IncGamers Member

Lite Sorc Stat Allocation

So I've started to build a CL / ORB sorc with the intention of going full lite once I get into the 60s or so. My question is this:

I've read many guides on multiple sorc builds, and there is always one topic that is always debated, DEX or not? Of course dex builds require upwards of 250+ dexterity with 156 STR for the Stormshield going for max block of 75%. Other sites and sources say that the best way for a Sorceress is to forget Dex altogether and go straight VIT instead.

While we're on the topic of stats, I've also read some people don't spend a single point into Energy since you'll have too much mana at higher levels. Obviously if you're MFing you'll need the mana, but if you're not MFing do you need the Energy?

2. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

Re: Lite Sorc Stat Allocation

:welcome: to the forums to you aswell :D

My opinion:

no dex, use Spirit, you will probably need the FCR.

As to mana, unless you are using ES zero mana is usually the way to go.

3. Krupa

Krupa IncGamers Member

if u use a stormshield u should go for maxblock

4. shazbot

shazbot IncGamers Member

I have 79 cl/fo sorc, wearing a full tal's set, and have found that I prefer max block to spirit. I do countess runs, and when at first I put everything into life, I kept getting killed by the archers, but then I respec-d and swapped the spirit out for a plain sigon's shield and got my max block up to 75, and now rarely have problems with survivability. If I need to FCR, I have spirit on switch.

5. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

Never found the archers to be a problem, in countess or the pit or anywhere else for that matter, tele, attack, tele, attack, lewt.

With the Countess you can snipe the vast majority of the mobs thru the doorways then just tele next to her and static.

6. SeCKSEgai

SeCKSEgai IncGamers Member

I'd say energy is a low priority, tho there is some merit to dumping into it even if its not an ES build - a 200 fcr sorc can drain the ball pretty quick if she tries for example.

Max block is truly a matter of preference - All my sorcs have been vit builds or Es builds because I usually need to hit 105 fcr minimum and have gear slotted in the other fcr points (mf for example).

Max block can play differently and more aggressively - usually more of a hardcore or pvp thing in my experience.

7. minuses

minuses IncGamers Member

I say go spirit and make it vita without es. Makes it a simpler build you know.