Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

List Scams you encounter

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by LovelyGods, Feb 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LovelyGods

LovelyGods Banned

List Scams you encounter

Hi,

just wondering what types of scams you encounter,

so we can keep a look out for em.

2. shade449

shade449 IncGamers Member

lol I remember one in which they offered you a rune to rush them. However, they want to know your "ranking" so they can have a quick rush. They say that if you msg your account name and your pass to a "bnet mod" they'll tell you your ranking. lol... i wonder if they think anyone will actually fall for this stuff.

3. Apologetix

Apologetix IncGamers Member

most scams involve using a persons greed against them. avoid any situation like that.

4. TheAntiHero

TheAntiHero Banned

most common scam on us east nonladder is prob. the "Ill Give Forge For RUSH!!!" you get to meph and they leave

nutthing new just though id metion it

5. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

how about... I DROP U DROP games lol.
    like ppl just wait for you to drop an item, but everyone usually just drops nothing and greedily gets their clicking finger ready, or drops like a scroll or something heh.

6. TheCheese

TheCheese IncGamers Member

Please can i have all your itams and ill give them back later

7. Halbreed7250

Halbreed7250 IncGamers Member

The one where they 'friend' slowly but steadily builds up trust, having you xfer nice expensive things for him, then one day when you need to xfer, he grabs and leaves :)

oh wait, according to chris and devin that one's my fault, gee how could i?!

btw how do i make a sig? i'm goign to list these fellers as corrupt and theives:

*unco-pk (o=zero)
    *ic_dkingm2
    *guerins

8. Halbreed7250

I forgot to mention this one, i encountered it upon trading for a very special weapon ( ;) mrJ....):

you ask for nice stormlash, you offer high rune, when they msg back they say make a game!!

u join game

they try to trade you an un-ided one, only to find out it's a horizon's tornado!!

i almost fell for it, but i wanted to see dmg before i traded so i had them id it (and they said crap, and then left), and it happened 3 times while i was trying to get my stormlash.

9. DSpy

DSpy IncGamers Member

Never ever drop your items in....

1) a trust test for any clan. Only give or share items that u don't mind letting go.

2) an annihilus trade. Unless u trust that person alot, or just go through the trade with some moderators from other forums. Even ppl with trusted reputation in forums or RPGTraders will jack u.

3) your private game to x'fer with an obvious password like 123, qwe, etc.

4) a game with someone whom u don't know his/her mother personally.

10. Jakim

Jakim IncGamers Member

Most common one i seen now days is people still trying to scam people with the "cancel trade technique" they like 'oops i canceled on accident im a ******, and then they reopen trading hoping you dont check the item" people still seem to get scammed by this a lot, every 1/5 trades i do now, someone seems to try to do this to me.

11. Halbreed7250

a classic: i doubt that one will ever go away

12. Esmute

Esmute IncGamers Member

I know a good one.

A guy starts spamming in channels a message like "LOOKING FOR GODLY GRIP ORDER RING, OFFERING BOTD ZERK, ENIGMA + 2 SOJS"

I asked the guy what grip order was and he told me that the mods on the ring are sucky but it is a bugged ring that gives u 1000mf. I was like "cool"

3 mins after i see another guy in channel spamming "GODLY BUGGED GRIP ORDER RING FOR TRADE... SOJ TAKES". Of course, once u traded your soj for the "bugged" ring, the guy looking for it never shows up. Leaving you with a useless rare ring and losing the soj.

the scam is that both guys spamming the msg are the same person but using different character/account. The guy is just trying to trick you into trading a useless rare ring for an soj

Becareful with these kind of people.

13. Antiochous_3

Antiochous_3 IncGamers Member

Man i absolutly hate that one. I have never understood why people get scammed by this one either. I always check the item before i click ok, and it just bugs me that there are so many loosers out their that try this on people.

I have even had some people that try it and then say that they were just testing me to see if i was a noob, and to see if they could get away with it. Then they actually put up the real item and want to trade it. I just tell them to grow up and then leave the game. The sad part is that the new guys that get scammed by this just turn around and try it on other people, thinking that they deserve it. Man can everybody just grow up and get along?

14. breez

breez IncGamers Member

Heh, I saw the same scamming trick some while ago at the trade channels. One guy spammed godly offer for "grim emblem" amulet and 10min later I saw someone offering one. I was interested for the stats so I went to game with the one offering and it was crap crafted amulet and the "special thing" about it was supposed to be that it is the rarest/hardest to craft thing ever. Then I left :p

15. TheCerberus

TheCerberus IncGamers Member

People will make game names like "free soj," and then when you enter the game they tell you you'll get the SoJ when you vote for them. Then they give you the website name, tell you to vote, and it downloads that thing where your items start dropping.

And with the "cancel" scam, I've seen people who say they have an item, but when you try to trade the message says their inventory is full. They go to their stash, and they try to give you some crappy magic item that looks the same.

16. Hoyunah

Hoyunah IncGamers Member

i know one which requires 2 pple
    You go to a trade room and if u have like a zod or sumthin they offer decent but a little too low like a ist rune and um rune
    Then the kid whoes offering has a friend whisper an offer like a botd or a hoto for ist and um rune and u take the trade
    Then the kid and his friend squelch u
    I got mi vex rune nabbed wit that

17. Vallyman

Vallyman IncGamers Member

or the ever popular "just type /dnd [your acct] [your password] and get your ranking" of course they been clever use the dnd as an acronym but at the moment im to dumb to think of one, add Neo-theone to the jackers list, i dunno if hes still kicking arround but he ripped me off.

18. eviljr.

eviljr. IncGamers Member

yah, k i lost like al my items with this *** scam... they pretend they are ur bud on a "free acc" then they said there actually aintne good items on the acc, so they ask u to try on ur gear then when they get it, they say "btw, im not (insert ur frineds name here), ahah im ( scammers name here) i just scammed u hahahahahah!!!! so *** i mean there like only me, my clan who are like the ONLY NICE ppl in d2 along with some others, who say scmaming is *** ecsetera...after a while i dint fall 4 ne htings.... thats how u learns, so wach out 4 that stuff, btw if u would like to join Op Adia, my clan plz /w *evillost to get recruited, this is a great clan, our newly build pvp chars kick but, we sometimes duel other clans... all char types alowed, if i am not on plz msg *truekiller, *silvana these guys can also reciuit u, this is a helpin clan nothat means NO scammers or MEAN ppl alowed in this clan... we r like folowin what god said u know "treat others this way and that how they willl treat u" that stuff, so if this is u go ahead and reply , good day!! :worship:

19. Halbreed7250

I have actually heard about neo-theone being a scammer from my bud's, my friend told me about him when i told him about someone that jacked me...so anyways, i guess neo-theone is a vet scammer :)

20. HandofElysium

HandofElysium IncGamers Member

I know join the club.

After knowing this person for basically all of my D2Expac Career (2 years) He finally stole from me. BOTD eth Zerker crappy one though :) 352% ed I think he finally broke down because he was jealous of my good fortune. I recently made a 6 BO CTA and obtain a free vex rune in just 2 days. Whats ironic though is I helped him get back on his feet after his acct was hacked twice.

Anyway he is in the USEAST and if you see him make sure you nk him for me. :)

*skizater <---dishonorable

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.