Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

List of TPPKs For U.S. East HCL

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by MSY, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MSY

MSY Banned

List of TPPKs For U.S. East HCL

This list is for players who would like to avoid players who TPPK. TPPKing is the act of casting spells, shooting arrows, throwing spears, etc. at an unsuspecting player and then trying to get back to town via TP, or WP before the projectiles hit and then finally, hostiling the player. This all can be done either manually, or more commonly, with the help of a third-party program.

Furthermore, some of the players who use third-party programs to TPPK, also have a feature that allows them to leave games without you knowing; the "So & so (So & so) left our world. Diablo's minions weaken." message isn't sent, so you'll have to use the /where charactername command to figure out the TPPK's account name in some cases.

Please post in the following format if you can.

*Account name
    character name - type of TPPK build.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Account-
    Blizzing - Ice Blast

*God.net
    TomCruise - Bone Spirit

*GetYaSome
    xXHisMomXx - Fire Bolt

2. turnips

turnips IncGamers Member

I'd just suggest you stick to private games...the public game is no longer safe.

3. MSY

MSY Banned

I don't want to play single player.

4. d00m2k

d00m2k IncGamers Member

This is a good idea, I say we try it.

5. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

One problem with this is that you're simply posting unsubstantiated accusations. Lot of room for abuse.

6. MSY

MSY Banned

What's your solution?

What do you think of submitting screenshots for evidence?

7. Samsung

Samsung Banned

What you don't understand is TPPK clans and their members are usually very rich. THey can afford to switch accounts every now and then.
    Instead of taking the time to make this useless list you should assume that EVERY High level character in your game is out to get you. It would make life so much easier just to play with friends, or if u use d2loader (am I allowed to say that?) it would make a world of difference.

BTW, God.net is to much of an idiot to switch accounts. When you see him just avoid him. He's not the most mature teenager in the world.

8. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

People will just change their accounts. Or prey on the other 95% of b.net that doesn't read this forum. Or grab you the one time you forget to check their names when you/they join.

Not to mention the fact that you'd have to have this list open and alt+tab to check it everytime you joined a game, or someone joined your game.

It's not that we want the TPPK'ers to win, it's just that you can't beat a cheater, so there isn't much point in getting your hopes up. There are only a few ways to actually fix (or beat) the TPPK problem and they each involve blizzard changing lines of code. Or password protecting your game I suppose.

-hps

9. Nilaripper

Nilaripper IncGamers Member

I think the list is a good thing.Whenever somebody wants to act and tries to do something for a little self-defense there will be people who say that you should stick to pw-games or just play in clans or with trusted friends.Bnet should be public, the time of sc or singleplayer is over for a long time, at least for me.Just add the realm on which these morons show up, it helps to identify them much easier.They are able to rush another char pretty fast, but the HC-community isn't that big anymore,they cannot hide in the masses and constantly making new chars will annoy them at least.

10. MSY

MSY Banned

Perhaps, but in this case, something is better than nothing.

I do understand and if they change their account, then their new account will end up on the list as well.

Not everyone has "diablo friends", who will fill up their hell or nightmare games for baal runs.

11. MSY

MSY Banned

*Kevissex
    InstantMessage - Tornado

12. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

If I were a tppker I would be honored to make your list. You don't get it. A person who cheats at anything to get ahead does it to inflate their ego, sometimes stemming from a certain amount of insecurity. Making your list gives them recognition and fame, something they desparately want, probably more so in real life.

Lucky

13. Yarox

Yarox IncGamers Member

Second that.

14. MSY

MSY Banned

I already know that, but I still don't understand your reasoning. The list may very well inflate some of their egos, but I believe it will do more good than bad in the long run.

If you're so against a list of TPPKers, then stop participating in the thread - move on. You and some other posters here have obviously given up and you're going to nitpick this *type* of thread until you're blue in the faces and there's no need for that.

15. Nilaripper

Nilaripper IncGamers Member

I think you don't get it.There must be a chance for a legit player do something,even if its not the solution for all time and not perfect,at least to let off some steam.The reason for a TPPK to play d2lod is to kill others with hacks, i don't care if he is insecure in RL or clever or needs an audience.I think the maker of this thread will not convince you but you should respect that people may have different opinions about that topic.

16. MSY

MSY Banned

*Selection-
    Alterate - Tornado
    Raddish - Guided Arrow

17. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

Very well, I will add to it then.

*Jugs
    juggzoroony - the Jug attack (looks like flying moonshine jugs.)

-hps

disclaimer: This is not a serious addition to the TPPK'ing library.

18. MSY

MSY Banned

Oh, I see the problem. You're an idiot.

19. wakiki

wakiki IncGamers Member

This isn't practical. There are simply too many TPPK's to list.

A more practical idea would be to write up something like this:

Normal difficulty:

Any level 50+ player is a TPPK. Don't play with them. If you see them on your map, leave.

They will likely pretend to rush you, or pretend to be leveling a friend in Baals. Once again, do not play with them.

When soloing cows, trap the red portal. If you see someone on the map approaching you, that person was powerful enough to get through the trap, and it probably a TPPK. Leave the game.

Nightmare:

Everyone in Nightmare will be high enough to TPPK you if they are built right. Play seperately from everyone. If you see someone approaching you on your map, leave the game.

Hell:

Same as above.

Note: some people will say that there are certain classes which cannot TPPK. Hammerdins can not TPPK.

However, someone can pretend to be a Hammerdin, then they can switch to that guided arrow bow + holy shock and kill you instantly. Summon Necros can not TPPK you, but people can and will pretend to be summon necros, then kill you with bone spear.

The simple solution is to not play with anyone who is above level 50 who you do not know, no matter what class they are and what build they claim to be using.

See, this will be more useful for helping people. Perhaps I could post this as a thread and a mod could sticky it; it will save alot more lives than having a list.

20. Tai.

Tai. IncGamers Member

If you're going to bother typing this up, which seems a waste of time in my opinion, at least do it as a continuously updating list.

A tppker is going to generally be willing to ebay items, use dupes etc. and will easily be able to outfit a full account of tppk chars easily, so we'll end up with a list of say 800 characters assuming we have 100 different TPPKers who each run only one account.

There is no way anyone's going to read that every game they join, even if it's all in one post, imagine the uselessness of 800 individual posts spread across 32-80 pages.

It's been tried before, but the only thing that it may accomplish is showing people how many tppkers there really are, so that they LISTEN TO THE ADVICE OF THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN PLAYING HARDCORE PUBLIC GAMES FOR TOO DAMN LONG.

Just saying...
    -tai

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.