Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

List of skills from Blizzcon Demo

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Zediono, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Zediono

Zediono Diabloii.Net Member

List of skills from Blizzcon Demo

Great list of all the different active skills that were available to all classes on the Blizzcon 2010 demo, as well as at which levels they are available.

Thanks to Mattmmos on the official forums!

http://d3db.com/pc

2. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

Re: List of skills from Blizzcon Demo

interesting we need to take that information and add it to the wiki since the information in the wiki seems very old in contrast to the skills shown here

EDIT: no healer in diablo 3 bull**** looking over the monks skills:

All abilities in this tier require level 3.
    Circle of Wrath
    Creates a blast of holy energy that heals the Monk and nearby allies for X-X health and damages enemies for X-X holy damage.

and

Holy Aura
    Bestows the Monk and nearby allies with a holy aura that increases health regeneration by X health per second.

When activated, temporarily boosts health regeneration to X health per second for X seconds.

are heal focused and it works on allies too.

this is a pure party skill

All abilities in this tier require level 26.
    Resist Aura
    The Monk creates an aura that protects him and his allies, increasing all resistances by X points.

For the first X seconds after this aura is activated, all resistances are increased by an additional X points.

but then again the barbarian can heal himself with

Revenge
    When hit, there is a X% chance the Barbarian may strike all enemies within X feet, dealing X% weapon damage and gaining X% health for each enemy hit.

one kick skill but no moment skill for the monk. The hex skill for the witch doctor seems almost like a joke to me.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  3. konfeta

konfeta Diabloii.Net Member

ELEMENTAL IS BAAAAAAAACK!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKxuSX2fH-I

:jig: :jig: :jig: :jig: :jig: :jig: :jig:

(zombie charger in the WD tree if anyone is wondering what exactly I am talking about. If there isn't a skill rune to set the bugger on fire I will eat my own neck)

4. lone_wolf

that sound hard to do should you lose that bet.

as i am not much of a minion player my build for the wd is already done judging by the skills it will be the class i play the least in the game.

5. Arbedark

Arbedark Diabloii.Net Member

To counteract the overreaction of negativity from lone_wolf here's a couple of builds that I'm planning on trying out:

Spear/Shield Barb:
    Ignore Pain
    War Cry
    Revenge
    Sprint
    Ancient Spear
    Taunt
    + Main Attack Skill

Very defensive build, probably try this one out in Hardcore to start with. Taunt + Ancient Spear enemies into CC range then start wailing away and hope Revenge procs frequently. Slot for defense etc and get defensive traits. Slow and steady wins the race.

Poison/Plague DoT Witch Doctor:
    Summon Zombie Dog
    Locust Swarm
    Parasite
    Grasp of the Dead
    Sacrifice
    Horrify
    Gargantuan

Let Minions tank while blasting away with DoT effects. Sacrifice if needed (Parasite should provide dogs to replace the ones you sacrifice). Traits for poison damage / duration etc. This build hopes that different DoT sources stack.

6. konfeta

It's rather difficult to predict builds without knowing what skill runes do.

7. raveharu

raveharu Diabloii.Net Member

I guess Monks will be highly sought after in games.

8. Arbedark

Not really. The basic function of the skill will remain the same, be it defensive, damaging etc

Additionally they are simply predicted builds, as you state in your post, something which at the moment looks fun.

9. konfeta

Your build already went beyond basic function - "DoT oriented WD." For all we know, all offensive WD skills can become DoT with skill runes, so you are back to square one of "omfg what dot skill to piiiiiick" problem :(.

@Healbotmonk Thing

Health Orbs already heal entire groups. Why would one anticipate Monks being highly sought after when a Wizard that freezes and wipes out an entire mob of monsters performs the same healing function? Unless the heal is overwhelmingly powerful, Crowd Control and Damage is still very important. So it's a matter of balance rather than core function.

10. Azmodean

Azmodean Diabloii.Net Member

Not having a healer is not the same as having no abilities that heal. They said this in reference to World of Warcraft where you're arena team would have at least one person who would do virtually nothing but heal, which is obviously not what the monk is doing.

11. lone_wolf

where was the negativity:ponder: the fact that i am not a summoner player and already have found the build i want for the wd?

as in:

corpse spiders
    locust swarm
    acid cloud
    spirit walk
    spirit barrage
    soul harvest
    pit of fire

or the fact that we haver a healing class in an dps game while blizzard said we would not?

yeah i dislike healer classes becasue now we will have one class that will be more sough after to party up with simply becasue they can boost and heal other players.

12. konfeta

None of those heals look spammable. That means it is not a healer class. The Paladin is more of a healer class than the Monk is for all we know.

13. Risingred

Risingred Diabloii.Net Member

Monk looks like a pvp beast for a 3v3 team.

14. Arbedark

@ Konfeta: You're overcomplicating things. I picked the skills that I want on a Witch Doctor and then came up with the description of "DoT Witch Doctor". Entirely different from coming up with a design specification and then picking skills round that.

@ Lone_wolf: Negativity comes from your labelling of the Monk as a "healer" and calling Blizzard on bull****, when it has 2 skills that can heal. The first one is dualistic in that its a damage skill as well as a healing skill while the second one is solely a heal. These 2 skills do not turn a class into a "healer". The primary function of every class is still damage. The Monk just happens to have a couple of skills than do secondary functions, it is less of a "healer" than the D2 Paladin was. And oh look, 0.01% of all Paladin builds actually used heals. Why? Because damage is king. You're doom and gloom claims that there is a "healing" class in D3 is overly negative towards Blizzard and the game as a whole.

@ Risingred: Yeah, the Monk does look pretty beefy in 3v3 at the moment, although I'm thinking the Demon Hunter is going to be pretty beefy too with slows, traps etc.

15. lone_wolf

it still means i have a higher survivability chance playing a monk with those skills then any other class that has to either use a dropped health globe or drink a potion.

the calling of blizzard was because they repetedly said there would be no heal skills at all in the game.

All abilities in this tier require level 3.
    Circle of Wrath
    Creates a blast of holy energy that heals the Monk and nearby allies for X-X health and damages enemies for X-X holy damage.

Its a level 3 skill that i can use to not only heal myself but also those around me. I just have to spam it and me and those around me will be at a much higher average health then others.

the wording of holy aura does not say how long it will last but either way i could just pop it after every fight to always be near max life without problem.

it gives the monk a advantage that no other class have. The barbarian skill revenge is a interrupt that is triggered when he gets hit and its still just a % chance with the monk skills you always get life heck holy aura does not even require you to hit monsters.

that is what i am against with those skills.

16. Arbedark

Firstly you're making some ridiculous assumptions.

I'm very sure a Tanking Barb will have a higehr survivability than a Monk using those healing skills due to higher base life, higher defense etc, as well as skill such as Ignore Pain. Or a Wizard using Diamond Skin. How are those different (overall) than healing? They're all just different mechanics for damage mitigation.

Secondly, you're using assuming that these healing skills heal for large amounts. They could very easily be smaller amounts that are on cooldowns.

But no, instead you decide to whine about these.

Finally, links to Blizzard saying that they wouldn't have a single healing skill in D3? They explicitly stated no healing CLASS as all classes are DPS, but they haven't ever said that no skill in the game would heal.

So yeah, cry doom and gloom about some game mechanics that haven't been fully explained and instead assume that they are going to be massively broken.

OH NOES! THE WIZARD CAN SLOW DOWN TIME! :rolleyes:

17. konfeta

You cannot predict that. Disables, summons, higher damage output all ultimately improve your survivability. Healing is just another angle of that, and will only be dominant if it is explicitly imba.

Wrong. Flat out wrong.

http://us.blizzard.com/diablo3/world/systems/health.xml

What they stated instead is that there will be no dedicated healer class. The point was that all classes are "DPS" classes, that the holy trinity of RPGs (healer, damage dealer, tank) is not in any way, shape, or form a requirement for completing any of the content.

18. Crackseed

Crackseed <a href="payments.php">IncGamers Site Pal</a><br>D

Lone,

I can tell you right now none of those healing skills made a significant enough difference when it came to keeping people alive in either PvM or PvP. My g/f played the monk and used Circle a ton and they still had people dropping from random boss spawns. I watched a few PvP matches and while the monk will be an awesome party member the amount of damage being put out overwhelmed the smallish heals of Circle quite frequently - it's a great patch up skill and every little bit helps sure, but it's nowhere near touching on a "healer" line like you're thinking.

19. lone_wolf

Good to hear :thumbsup: then its not an advantage over the other classes.

@konfeta good it seems i was wrong glad to see it.

20. Risingred

Risingred Diabloii.Net Member

If the healing skills suck for both damage and healing, why use them?