Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

"List" of Overlooked Items

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Rice_Farmer3, May 4, 2005.

1. Rice_Farmer3

Rice_Farmer3 IncGamers Member

"List" of Overlooked Items

Hmm.. i was thinking to posting this on general strategy forum, but looks like its no there anymore. too bad, it was my favorite forum and more than 75% of my D2 knowlege came from there.
    Anyway, getting to the main point, i was just scanning through items (especially uniques) in Arreat Summit, then i noticed some items have pretty sweet or convenent mods. And by saying "overlooked" i'm not really sure they really are, i just have seen no or very few people using them. here are the ones i found.

Spellsteel: unique bearded axe.
    somewhat high req. no +to skills, small bonus to mana, only 10% FCR, no really godly mods, 2 handed. This axe is almost useless for both casters and melee'ers. But i've noticed a single nifty mod on it: charges to teleport. For those of you that can afford an enigma, this is junk, but I know there are a lot of people out there that can't afford enigma including me, i got one by pure luck, and i have absolutely 0% chance of getting another one soon. another option is tele charged ammy, but just having another option is always good. besides, all you have to do is have this on weapon switch and press W. this will help you get around, MF, whatever that can benefit from being able to teleport. and by the way this is lower lvl than enigma, so might be some kind of use for you godlies.

Razorswitch: unique Jo Staff
    this is a 2 handed version of Suicide Branch. Its got THE mods for a low lvl caster +1 to all skills, 30%FCR, +50 to resist all, 15MDR, +80 to life, and 175 TO MANA. if you see, these are about all you can ask from a caster weapon. I thought it important to emphasize the huge mana bonus. at later lvls, this might not be significant, but in the lower lvls, this might double, or more, you mana pool, whi you so desperately need in those times. This weapon has almost IDENTICAL mods with suidice branch, except the numbers are a little bit different. suide's got better FCR, but thats about it. other mods, Razorswitch by far exceeds Suicide. Razor even has 5 lvls lower Req. than Suicide. The one big advantage Suicide has is that its one handed. But IMO shields don't really make THAT much difference in that lvl. and that is purely my humble opinion and i know a lot of you will disagree with that. but 40 more resist all? thats almost as good as any shield that lvl. and for sorceresses especially, they won't have enough Str. to wear a good shield, nor will they have enought Dex. to make a real impact on blocking %.

Lionheart: Runeword for armors. Hel-Lum-Fal
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=127612
    After reading the guide above, i came notice this armor. -15% Req, so desperate for lower lvl casters. nice stat bonuses, nice Resist all, and +20% to DAMAGE. i mentioned casters above, but the E Damage mod makes it even better for melee chars and Mercs. I really don't have special things i can say about the armor. Just look at the mods and maybe read the guide above on the armor section. You'll see why this is an awesome armor.

Honor: runeword for weapons amn-el-ith-tir-sol.
    Awesome low lvl melee mods like +1 to all skills (well, not exactly melee, but still good) 160%ED, +205 AR, 7% LL, and 25% DEADLY STRIKE. all of this at lvl 27. good for lvlling mercs, low-mid (or high if you are poor) melee chars. the "rarest" rune being sol. not bad?

Biggin's Bonnet: unique cap
    some minor stats, but two good advantages. 30% E Damage. and VERY low Req. not bad in LLd and especially VLLD. Just thought i'd mention it.

There used to be a lot more i knew, but these are a few i can think of on top of my head. These items by NO means even COMPARE to high end items like enigma, COH, BotD and stuff, but are really good for low lvl, mid lvl, or poor players. and i play nonladder but i know there are many items better than this at lower lvl/price among the ladder-only items. and Like I said at the top, i may be complelely wrong at saying those are overlooked. i have seen like 16 people using Honor weapons. but my point is that don't always look at the top when choosing items. there are a lot of items that can serve you well at lower prices and lower lvls.

One more important point. This is by no means a list yet. I need your help to complete the list. post whatever items you think is hidden pearl in the mud. and TY in advance.

2. ayax_2k4

ayax_2k4 IncGamers Member

Yeah, i've used razorswitch in almost every sorc i've created and it's really nice, about honor, i think i'll use it on a spear for my mer, lvl 27 req is nice, i used to have a honor colossus blade and it wasn't too bad. Lionheart is not unknown at all, it is very widely used due to awesome stats compared to low prices, most build guides include it in the poor man's equipment section. Nice guide, i'm looking forward to having a look at the final version :thumbsup:

*edit* about the axe, most people tend to use a teleport charges magic amu since u want to have something like gull/ali baba + mf shield on switch, another option would be naj's staff in the naj set, also has teleport charges and is barely used at all

3. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

I use Biggins when starting new characters and for some low level dueling charcters. I aways keep a supply of them in case I lose or trade one.

Ravenclaw bow is another weapon many people don't know about. It is used for fast leveling in Enchant games where someone brings in a high level enchant sorc. The bow has exploding arrow and when enchanted, the enchant damage is added to the explosion, giving a small "area effect" of high damage.

KaleimsWill, (sp) the completed act three quest flail is also good. It has veryfast hit rate and plenty of damage at low levels, nice for starting a new character. It can be equiped by ANY level one character. Just remeber to Mule it before going into durance of hate, any level, or it will disappear and you will have to "make" a new one.

4. ayax_2k4

what's the best place to look for biggin's, i'm gonna try it out, about kalim's it's very good for starting, also, where can u find lenymo? normal andariel makes higher drops so it's hard to get it from her, has anyone got it from her? better, where did u guys find your biggins and/or lenymo? :scratch:

5. cotton

cotton IncGamers Member

I would add a few to the list:\

Steelskull- dual leech, ias, and mf. Maybe not godly, but good for physical attackers that need speed and not resists.

Tal's Mask- dual leach and resists. Most of my mercs have one on their head, but it's a nice hat for anybody who melees.

Eye of etlich/Telling of beads- +1 ammies that almost all of my characters use for tweaking.

Goldskin- also good for tweaking, its resists are very nice for a "throw away" armor.

I wouldn't call Lionheart overlooked--after all, it is teh besto! (and if anybody can tell me where to find that old webpage, I'll send you a smiley.

6. ayax_2k4

Looking through the arreat summit i found this one

Bane Ash
    Short Staff

Two-Hand Damage: 1 To (7-8) (4-4.5 Avg)
    Required Level: 5
    Durability: 20
    Base Weapon Speed: [-10]
    +50-60% Enhanced Damage (varies)
    +50% Damage To Undead
    20% Increased Attack Speed
    +30 To Mana
    Fire Resist +50%
    Adds 4-6 Fire Damage
    +5 To Fire Bolt (Sorceress Only)
    +2 To Warmth (Sorceress Only)

Now THAT'S good for a low lvl sorc

*edit* i bet 99.9% of bnet users don't know this exists, i just discovered it and i've been playing for 3 years...

7. Rice_Farmer3

Rice_Farmer3 IncGamers Member

TY for the input, but above items you mentioned are not highly overlooked. Stealskull is a popular MF helm for people that don't have shako, tal maks is popular merc/zon helm (including my merc), etlich is well, a lot of low lvl poeple use it. Goldskin is kind of overlooked. but some poeple seem to know how good it is, including me. and yeah i was thinking lionheart was kind of in the mist. I've never actually seen anyone on B-Net with it on, but i hear people talk about it in the forums.
    BTW wow i've never posted a thread where everyone that read it answered. Well, so far people did. I was worried about no1 answering because it would be embarrassing because i already acted like this was gonna be a very activen thread. So far, 6 people viewed and 6 ppl answered. (of the 6, i'm included as the one that posted it). Keep it up plz guys. I'm dying to know some hidden diamonds out there. :lol:

8. Ter

Ter IncGamers Member

As a matter of fact...I did get Lenymo this afternoon from normal Andariel.

9. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 IncGamers Member

I posted this in an earlier thread about over/underrated items:

Twitchthroe - no matter how many of these things I find I can never leave one on the ground.

Up it and stick an UM in and it challenges Lionheart as one of the best melee armors out there with its FHR, IAS, ICB, and handy str/dex.

10. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

would be a little taxing on mana though, but still very nice. o_o

id have to put tal mask as number 1. credendum is pretty nice too. and waterwalks. 65 life = roxxorz.

11. Oscuro

Oscuro IncGamers Site Pal

Seconded. Both ladder seasons, starting from scratch, this armor allowed my feeble mf sorceress to successfully move on to hell (for some reason I could simply not find a Vipermagi early on, and forget about trading for one in the first day or so of ladder).

12. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Overlooked items? These days that means anything that is not a runeword

GG game balance with new runewords

13. Gix

Gix IncGamers Member

Bloodfist.

14. phool

phool IncGamers Member

my lvl 84 single player cold sorc uses a razorswitch - it's the best staff she's found (she also found spellsteel - i thought this might be alright for an elemental druid at a low lvl, as they use 2hand axes really fast and a fair bit of energy). +175 to mana, combined with some %bonuses (like the +40% uni gauntlets) really means she never runs out. Could do with more in the way of +skills though

15. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

Stamina Potions. Or is it just me?

16. SDK

SDK IncGamers Member

Yeah, and even earlier than that death gloves and sash (lv6 i think). Just 2 items that give; cannot be frozen, 20ias (or 30?), 8%ll and 15 res all. Amazing for a melee character. The only thing that makes me take them off is when i need more room for pots.

Crafted blood gloves seem to be overlooked by alot of players too. I've had tons of people asking how to craft (well quite a few anyhow). A nef rune, pruby, a junk jewel and the right kind of gloves and you can get as high as 20%ias, 10%crushing blow and 6% ll, as well as +'s to life and maybe some str and res thrown in. I've thought of going with a character that relies entirely on crafted items, maybe a dwarf subclass of the barbarian.

17. djIgneo

djIgneo IncGamers Member

Stamina pots can be useful before level 20, afterwards = teh inventory space waste.

18. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

The problem with Honor is that by the time you have Amns, Sols, and 5 socketed weapons readily available to you, there are typically much stronger weapon choices also readily available. Not a bad one for twinking a character that you're not planning on rushing to level 75 in a few hours but otherwise it's not of much use.

For a starting nonrushing melee character, the Hell Forge Hammer is awesome. No reqs. Just slap it on and let the beatdowns commence. I gave one to one of my mule barbs that I occasionally play while waiting for people to trade. He's absolutely stomping everything in Act I.

19. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

Doesnt it require too much dex, or am i lost now? thought it was some 25dex or so.
    Anyhow, the best "wohoo-i-muled-my-lvl1-a-great-weapon-that-works-all-through-stony-field"-weapon is the hellforge hammer.
    It has 5-20 fire damage, and can be equipped instantly. Helps a lot

20. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Since it's a quest item I doubt it would have any reqs at all.