List of NPC unique dialogue lines per class?

Oathed

Diabloii.Net Member
Can't seem to find a list of such on any wikis, but maybe I'm just bad at searching. Would be cool to have a list of NPCs to absolutely go see and not exit out of the dialogue immediately, for each class that I play. If anyone has knowledge, please do share.

Also, Hi. I'm back, been a while. Was here a few years ago and originally back in 2002-2003 under a different login that unfortunately had my irl name in the login.

Strafe is the best-looking most satisfying skill in any RPG ever. Too bad it's sub-optimal while leveling untwinked.

onderduiker

Diabloii.Net Member
The five classic classes have a unique introduction and piece of gossip with an NPC in every Act except Act 4 (but the two expansion classes only have these in Act 5).

Amazon
Act 1: Kashya
Act 2: Meshif
Act 3: Asheara
Act 5: Larzuk

Barbarian
Act 1: Charsi
Act 2: Geglash
Act 3: Meshif
Act 5: Malah

Necromancer
Act 1: Gheed
Act 2: Elzix
Act 3: Alkor
Act 5: Nihlathak (also Assassin)

Paladin
Act 1: Warriv
Act 2: Fara
Act 3: Ormus
Act 5: Qual-Kehk (also Druid)

Sorceress
Act 1: Akara
Act 2: Drognan
Act 3: Hratli
Act 5: Malah

The pages in the NPCs section of this site's Diablo Wiki should contain all this dialog.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
The Amazon Basin has truly the most information about the game. It's sometimes a bit tricky to find what you are looking for, but that comes with the awful heck of a lot of information about the game.

I think that D2 is the best documented and researched game ever and the Amazon Basin is one of the cornerstones of that knowledge. I think that there's pretty much nothing about the game that I know, but the Amazon Basin does not. Oh wait, perhaps one...

During my bnet times, I noticed a barbarian roasting a rabbit on a camp fire in the south-eastern corner of Harrogath. If you come close to him, he will follow you over perhaps half a screen before returning to his rabbit. I couldn't reproduce that on single player, but it might be a matter of the patch level and not of bnet vs. single player.

I posted this for a few times in these forums, but I don't think that anybody said anyting like "Oh yes, that thing", so it seems that not many people know this.

Edit: It's about another barbarian near the guy who's roasting the rabbit. My first posting about it is here - https://www.diabloii.net/forums/threads/easter-egg.270339/#post-2793487

Nov 2004, it seems I have an elephant memory :)

Last edited:

GalaXyHaXz

Diabloii.Net Member
@krischan That would be a left-over from the LOD battle net beta. Your memory isn't off at all. There were two barbarians taken out of the final game: one by Nihlathak, and the other by the rabbit roaster. Deckard cain was also by the waypoint. For some reason, they kept it this way on bnet (for at least a few patches), but fixed it in SP upon release. Here are some screenshots showing the locations (I took these in SP playing the bnet beta):
barbarian #1

barbarian #2

Deckard Cain by the waypoint and his removed "return to hell" option.