Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

List of known PK's

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Miszou, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Miszou

Miszou IncGamers Member

List of known PK's

Is there a list somewhere of known PK's? I had a couple of close calls last night alone (attempted TPPK and another hostile for no reason).

A regularly updated list would be a quite useful "first alert" type system.

FWIW, I play on USWest. There are a few good players on there, but there also seem to be so many children. :sad2:

2. SmilingEvil

SmilingEvil IncGamers Member

Hey now, there's a difference between PK's and TPPK's.

The ones what click the 'hostile' button, wait out the cooldown, and then try to hunt you down... they're good people.

The cheating hacking asspirates are bastards and deserve to be shot with a nailgun in sensitive areas until they give up and beg for death.

3. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

A list of pks is redundant. The facts you need to know are as follows.

1) There are pkers.
    2) There is a high chance that one is in your game.

Rather than check names for a pker, assume that each person near you is a pk and act accordingly. I personally think it's sad you have to be so paranoid, but you won't be Van Goghing it any time soon.

Lucky

4. Miszou

Miszou IncGamers Member

That's comedy gold right there. Any assclown that comes into a game and hostiles for fun is basically a sociopath.

TPPKers are just sociopaths with no balls for a straight fight.

And when I say straight fight, I mean a ridiculously overpowered 1-hit killing machine versus an old fart trying to relax in the evening. :tongue:

5. evils

evils IncGamers Member

man i wish i played on west, i would make it my mission to hunt you down and pk you as many times as possible :p

for some of us the old pve grind gets boring so we resort to fighting more intelligent opponents.. we feed on other peoples emotions :p

now most of us are pvp people in general and some of us only pk when there are no good duel games up..

does the fact that i play this game in "my" way to have fun, make me a sociopath? i beg to differ..

6. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

account name plz

7. tomatoman

tomatoman IncGamers Member

that quote isnt going to start a one-sided flame war >.<

8. HCKull

HCKull IncGamers Member

The main thing that you have to realise is that there is no defense against PK'rs who cheat. They use flaws in the game and hacks to kill you. You have no time to react to a hostile declaration. You just die!

These guys use a program to quickly fire off a fatal spell at you, tp to town, declare hotility. This all happens in under a second. You just die with out being able to react.

An other way is to cause your guy to lag so you just stand there while they kill you.

I lost a high lvl pally when fighting baals minions. A druid was using his wind skills on the minions of destruction and I was hacking them also. He opened a tp, stepped thru, hostiled and I died from the minions and his wind. I might have had time to alt-f4, but I did not realise I was hostiled.

There just is no defense against these kinds of attacks and this is especially true because the pk'rs build there chars to deliver massive damage only.

Well, the only defense is solo play, with friends or leaving game when someone powerful enought to one hit you joins the game.

9. tomatoman

tomatoman IncGamers Member

@HCKull, we all know this all ready.

10. shag

shag IncGamers Member

Just don't be an easy target, move around and it's easily avoidable. I for one like the thrill of having to be cautious, but you shouldn't be paranoid to the point of not trusting anyone.

The main place to watch out for are Baal run games, since most don't have high-end computers and lag slightly during them, making people vulnerable. If someone is spamming at you, chances are it's not for fun, just gotta be quick to react. :wink3:

11. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

That's comedy gold right there. Any assclown that comes into a game and kills a monster for fun is basically a sociopath.

Lets take a look at both these statements. The first points out that you are an assclown for doing something that was implemented in the game. The second points out that you are an assclown for doing something that was implemented in the game. Legitimate player killers are nothing to look down upon. You have plenty of time to avoid conflict if you're paying attention, so you should treat that player killer as any other monster in the game, granted they are usually more intelligent. If not dying means going to town to wait it out, then so be it, but don't whine about player killers if you're not going to whine about wearing items, using town portals, identifying items, killing monsters, talking, or any other action you can do in the game that was implemented by the creator.

Lucky

12. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

zOMG~! dejavu...

... for the 582nd time.

A list of all known pk's would be silly because:
    A) they could just make a new account. An LLD can be made in minutes.
    B) PK'ing is part of the game, in its legit form it is totaly avoidable if you chose to avoid it. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

do NOT mistake PK for TPPK. They are so different. Some of our most knowledgable and active forum members are Pk'ers, without them this place would be a ghost town. A legit Pk is something to be impressed by, not insulted and flamed.

TPPK'ers have not much more to offer the game then "I r teh 1337~!" and little more to offer then world then the nutrience their rotting corpse will add to the soil.

-hps

13. bigD72

bigD72 IncGamers Member

I'll start the list:

*bigd72

14. Tai.

Tai. IncGamers Member

*Tai-

Not so much this ladder, too lazy, but I've done the Sociopath thing a few times...

Cheers
    -The Big Bad Toaster

15. KnownAsJug

KnownAsJug Banned

*Juggalo(HC)

16. evils

evils IncGamers Member

*EvilS-BtK

17. AzaZaz

AzaZaz IncGamers Member

all those who have put down their name and actually taken an ear in the last week raise their hand!

....anyone? :)

oh yeah throw down *AzaZaz. and *Parsnips....took 4 in 1 game today, gogo tag team pks in chant games!

18. evils

evils IncGamers Member

what does ears this week have to do with anything? i scored several hundreds of ears in 1.09 and around 200 ears in 1.10 lol.. and i just recently got back to playing(about a week ago), give me time, i will be back to farming ears in notime :p

19. Samsung

Samsung Banned

If only he would have used the search button to see what happens to all the others that complain about PK and TPPK.

I would have given him this flame retardant jacket, but it was to late :S

P.S. I love Mozilla firefox 2's spell checker

20. evils

evils IncGamers Member

lol.. he/she could use that jacket methinks :p