Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

List of confirmed current 1.10 bugs ?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by sorcyone, Mar 18, 2004.

1. sorcyone

sorcyone Banned

List of confirmed current 1.10 bugs ?

Is anyone maintaining a list of known 1.10 bugs ?
    If not then I would like to get the ball rolling.

Gameplay :

1. Andariel drop bug

2. Opening a chest in a corner can move you behind the chest, and stuck unable to move if no teleport. This is most annoying for a necro since you have to rejoin the game.

3. ed/max ed/min jewels do not add ed in armour including shield, but do work in weapon. Can anyone confirm if this a display bug or full bug ?

4. Upgrades of ethereal armour do not gain the defense bonus.

5. Andariel drop bug. If after killing her for the first time you talk to town NPC, then everyone time after she drops as if you were killing her for the first time (enhanced drop).

6. Changing attack in the middle of a leap attack can leave you stuck unable to leap attack.

Realm :

1. Switch accounts too quick can leave you with REALM DOWN for 3 minutes.

2. Occasional death crashes game and leaves you with REALM DOWN for 60 minutes and not dead.

3. In certain places such as opening door coming back from Outer Cloister you can be running still, which can be used to keep the game open. Can anyone confirm this as a Realm or Game issue ?

4. WW sometimes gets broken such that when you try to whirl you do not move or attack, you just whirl in place. Rejoining game fixes. Can anyone confirm this as a Realm or Game issue ?

5. Games still crash as much as they used to in 1.09 - watch out muling. Anyone get game crashes in SP ?

6. Moving items from/to cube a lot can leave you stuck unable to select any objects on the ground. Rejoining game fixes.

Fixed bugs:

1. Diablo clone no longer dies to Shenk/Blood Raven death explosion.

2. tydon

tydon IncGamers Member

The charge bug
    The marrowalks and other charged item bug

3. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

Realm bug #1 should include both accounts and characters. I believe that the ED/max ED/min bug is not simply display - but wait for a second say. You listed andy drop bug twice?

I know there are more bugs, ill see if I can think of some more.

4. saint_of_killers

saint_of_killers Diablo: IncGamers Member

hasn't it been confirmed that gloams/black souls are bugged to do more damage than they are suppose to? ranged attackers are suppose to do more dmg anyway in patch, but i thought i read somewhere that the gloams/souls damage calculations are bugged.

also minor bug: war trav dmg http://forums.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=150517

5. sorcyone

sorcyone Banned

Hehe oops yes I list Andariel twice, maybe because it's such a nice bug :).

Gameplay :

1. Andariel drop bug. If after killing her for the first time you talk to town NPC, then everyone time after she drops as if you were killing her for the first time (enhanced drop).

2. Opening a chest in a corner can move you behind the chest, and stuck unable to move if no teleport. This is most annoying for a necro since you have to rejoin the game.

3. ed/max ed/min jewels do not add ed in armour including shield, but do work in weapon. Can anyone confirm if this a display bug or full bug ?

5. Changing attack in the middle of a leap attack can leave you stuck unable to leap attack.

6. Charges in items add synergy bonus if no point shave been placed in the spell. Axamples are MarrowWalk for L33 Bone Prison, and Baezil's vortex for L15 Nova, Metalgrid for Level 22 Iron Golem.

7. Gloams/black souls do too much damage with their lightning attack. I think this is due to being hit more than once by the same bolt, which shouldn't happen.

8. war travelers damage bug - only one case so far (saint_of_killers), cause not determined, possible nerfing by Blizzard of duped items (yay) or individual item corruption.

9. Charge bug.

10. As in 1.09, drops are not distributed randomly. Same base type drops seem to occur quite a lot, especially for drops within the same second. It may be Blizzard is using the clock as part of the random seed. This might also explain why you get periods of time where drops are huge, and periods when drops are terrible. (Yes I have studied Statistical Mathematics so I understand random distributions.)

Realm :

1. Switch accounts/characters too quick can leave you with REALM DOWN for 3 minutes. Fast computers are more susceptible to this.

2. Occasionally, death crashes the game and leaves you with REALM DOWN for 60 minutes and not dead.

3. In certain places such as opening door coming back from Outer Cloister you can be running still, which can be used to keep the game open. Can anyone confirm this as a Realm or Game issue ?

4. WW sometimes gets broken such that when you try to whirl you do not move or attack, you just whirl in place. Rejoining game fixes. Can anyone confirm this as a Realm or Game issue ?

5. Games still crash as much as they used to in 1.09 - watch out muling. Anyone get game crashes in SP ?

6. Moving items from/to cube a lot can leave you stuck unable to select any objects on the ground. Rejoining game fixes.

Fixed bugs:

6. Jarulf

Jarulf IncGamers Member

First of, there is really no strange thing that you see some item types more than others, that IS part of randomness. Blaiming it on some initial seed is just humbug, not only does the seed not really change just once in a few seconds but it is also later affected by many things you do in the game. You need to start learniong how random number generators work in addition to your statistical "skills" and also how it is used in the game. By the way, different drops are not even related to each other since they use completely different "streams" of seeds and random numbers. And finally, yes, randomness do include at times "huge" drops and sometimes "terrible" (I assume you refer to ammount, because the game has no concept of what a "terrible" item is).

7. ZeroUnderOne

ZeroUnderOne IncGamers Member

Whenever i use cta to bc, bo. then i roll the mouse or immediately cast bonearmor, i get connection interupted, and my friends say i left the game without bnet saying i disconnected or exited. This may be caused by crap connection also...

8. schlip

schlip IncGamers Member

Not sure if this works for everyone.. but if I "ctrl+left click" on the cube, I'll get disconnected, but luckily I can get back without the 5-minute wait.

(i.e. quick sell.. don't ask me why, just found it out by accident).

And oh, I can still tele into walls in the tower cellar and maggot lair, safe from attacks!

9. Baboon

Baboon IncGamers Member

Switch accounts --> realm down

I don't think this is a bug, I believe you're getting banned for behaving like a bot.

10. Guntaas

Guntaas IncGamers Member

Barb Leap Attack Bug

Sometimes, the leap attack skill will stop working. It seems to happen when I get hit hard enough to get stunned*, and am in the process of leaping. It was kinda strange to watch my barb fall out of the sky...

The only fix I've found is to rejoin the game. The same goes for the regular leap skill.

*not the stun from the stun attack.

I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she left me before we met. - Steven Wright​

11. jolman

jolman IncGamers Member

the ww bug is a game bug and very enoying.even after killing a monster on the end of the ww.then cant ww again till you move.

12. DarkY

DarkY IncGamers Member

There is a bug, for multiple chars.
    Spamming a certain spell, like telekiness for sorc, changing auras on pala etc etc.
    After period you cant talk to NPC/other chars/use wp's/go bloody from a5town etc

13. sorcyone

sorcyone Banned

Updated list.

Gameplay :

1. Andariel drop bug. If after killing her for the first time you talk to town NPC, then everyone time after she drops as if you were killing her for the first time (enhanced drop).

5. Changing attack in the middle of a leap attack can leave you stuck unable to leap attack. Another cause is being stunned during the leap.

6. Charges in items add synergy bonus if no point shave been placed in the spell. Axamples are MarrowWalk for L33 Bone Prison, and Baezil's vortex for L15 Nova, Metalgrid for Level 22 Iron Golem.
    Can anyone confirm if this affects % chance to cast, eg wield Boneslayer Blade for Level 20 Holy Bolt, and wear Thundergod's Vigor 5% Chance To Cast Level 7 Fist Of The Heavens When Struck, does this increase bolt damage by 300% ?

7. Gloams/black souls do too much damage with their lightning attack. I think this is due to being hit more than once by the same bolt, which shouldn't happen.

8. war travelers damage bug - only one case so far (saint_of_killers), cause not determined, possible nerfing by Blizzard of duped items (yay) or individual item corruption.

9. Charge bug.

10. When merc levels up, Battle Orders turns off.

11. Ctrl+left click any item that cannot be sold results in disconnect.

Realm :

1. Switch accounts/characters too quick can leave you with REALM DOWN for 3 minutes. Fast computers are more susceptible to this.

2. Occasionally, death crashes the game and leaves you with REALM DOWN for 60 minutes and not dead.

4. WW sometimes gets broken such that when you try to whirl you do not move or attack, you just whirl in place. Rejoining game fixes. Can anyone confirm this as a Realm or Game issue ? Has anyone had this bug on less than speed 8 hits/whirls ?

6. Moving items from/to cube a lot can leave you stuck unable to select any objects on the ground or NPCs. Rejoining game fixes. Another cause is spamming a certain spell eg telekinesis (DarkY).

Fixed bugs:

Unconfirmed game bugs :

1. As in 1.09, drops are not distributed perfectly randomly. Same base type drops seem to occur quite a lot, especially for drops within the same second, eg 2 set rings, set CB + unique CB, 2 elite uniques from 2 monsters in the same second. It may be Blizzard is using the clock as part of the random seed. This might also explain why you get periods of time where drops are huge, and periods when drops are terrible. (Yes I have studied Statistical Mathematics so I understand random distributions.)
    I also may be hidden MF penalties are being applied to short games to penalise potential botters.
    Another theory is based on time of day/date. Anyone remember Dungeon Keeper used to reveal secret levels on certain days of the year.

14. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

Good job bloosard, anyone can kill d/clone anyway, go fix some important bugs like ed/max & min! A whole bug fixed, look at the list ^_^

Sorry, rant rant rant :buddies:

15. happyface95

happyface95 IncGamers Member

Additional bugs :

Ranged attacks may deal damage when hitting people IN TOWN.

Display bug : When not having the sufficient ammount of str but having str bonus, some items equipped might not appear.

Having this, I believe the str bonus is a BUG.

16. Armor_Biff

Armor_Biff IncGamers Member

Items that you have equipped with the help from charms (str / dex) cannot be seen by other players.

Also the enhanced damage min/max thing still seems to work correctly on mercs.

17. DarkY

DarkY IncGamers Member

that unconfirmed about drops, i agree with it.
    But it can be just (bad) luck.

A small bug, at the start screen after selecting a char.
    If you do it quick, like quiting from chat, select other char. You can see multiple chars in start screen over each other. I hope you guys understand what i write, little bit hard to explain :)

those str charms bug looks cool, naked sorces with aura, or barbs with aura fighting with bare hands caus you cant see the ik hammer :0

18. Nerimuker

Nerimuker IncGamers Member

The gloams are bugged. Normally the lightning bolts also do manaburn, but the damage from manaburn is also transferred over to your characters HP.

Drops are randomly seeded by the second on your computer clock. Just thought you might like to know.

This is Blizzards way of preventing characters from selling quest items. Try it with the Gidbinn or even the Hellforge Hammer.

This has been around for a long time. There are areas outside of the normal boundaries that you can teleport to. These also occur in the jungles of Act III, the plains of Act IV and the River of Flame.

This is not a new bug, it has been around for a long time. Still a good idea to report about it though.

19. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

That was my understanding of how the gloam bug worked... As quoted from a summary of a battle.net post.

20. Fearoth

Fearoth IncGamers Member

There is no physical damage in gloam lightning attack whatsoever.. Easy to prove:
    1.Necro casts bone armor then gets hit by a gloam- bone armor still intact and takes no damage while the necro loses hp.
    2.Equip yourself with a tgods and guardian angel to get 95% resist lightning and +numerical absorb. Watch the gloam lightning heal u.
    3.Druid with cyclone armor takes no damage from gloam attacks while the cyclone armor is still intact.

P.S. I dont view the gloams as bugged in fact their damage CAN be resisted and negated quite easily. What does bother me though is succubus' blood star. I still havent worked out how to protect myself from it and it can do some obscene amounts of damage.(Just try to stand in a bosspack of hell witches in worldstone keep hell difficulty).